EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northeast Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region-40/)
-   -   NY Import Car Club? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region/7410-ny-import-car-club.html)

LancerReiNi Aug 21, 2002 01:37 AM

NY Import Car Club?

Seeing how there are so many clubs forming online, I will continue it's legacy, I'd like to form a club where we can do groupbuys, get discounts(buying in bulk is cheaper) on tickets or any other events, and also just chill. I'd like to meet other NY Lancer owners and share info, etc... and if there are any women lancer owners(which there should be, since statistics showed that 75% of lancer owners are female) I'd like to welcome them to a free date ;) Anyway, I'd like to know what your suggestions & opinions are

OZBOTS Aug 21, 2002 08:14 AM

Sounds good to me, I'm down for a club and hangin...:thumbup: Would like to meet new people/owners...:spin:

LancerReiNi Aug 21, 2002 08:19 AM

keep in mind it's not just lancer owners, but I would love ot have more, I myself own a AT Lancer OZ rally, Where do you live? upstate NY?

Lancer03 Aug 21, 2002 08:20 AM

Yes :headbang: Where is everyone located, downstate in the city or what?

Lancer03 Aug 21, 2002 08:22 AM

I live outside of Albany, you guys near there?

OZBOTS Aug 21, 2002 08:31 AM

I live 45 min. north of the city.:usflag:

Lancer03 Aug 21, 2002 08:35 AM

hmmm... Maybe we could set up like a location in the middle of all of us so no one would have to travel an extensive amount :dunno:

LancerReiNi Aug 21, 2002 08:39 AM

I live in Queens, New York. It's kinda far, but I don't want to limit the Club to only inland NYers' I want it to spread like "Fight Club" muahahhaha. And another point is, most of the tracks are in upstate so if we're doing a group oriented event we'll most likely come up to see you(if you wanna hang out) anyway the club/team is still under structural detailing. Once things are set, I'm going to make a website and we can do the same thing as Lancerforums but more exclusive for team members.

BTW, Oz Bots, I live about 45mins east of the city so we can use Manhattan as a neutral ground :pick:

OZBOTS Aug 21, 2002 08:41 AM

Sounds good to me. I don't even mind driving an hour or so..:cool:

Lancer03 Aug 21, 2002 08:44 AM

We could have a BBQ at my house and then about 25 min. from my house is Lebanon Valley Speedway :thumbup: The do have open tack nights there, not sure exactly but I could find out. It doesn't have to go that way at all but I am deffinetly interested in doing something and hook up with fellow lancer owners. This would be awesome if we could get something together and hang out some place :headbang:

OZBOTS Aug 21, 2002 08:55 AM

I've raced my bike at lebanon a few years back. Sounds cool we'll have to get few more cars and eat and race.:D :headbang:

Lancer03 Aug 21, 2002 09:04 AM

Originally posted by OZBOTS
I've raced my bike at lebanon a few years back. Sounds cool we'll have to get few more cars and eat and race.:D :headbang:
:thumbup: hell ya, I am always up for a good time! Keep us posted LancerReiNi

LancerReiNi Aug 21, 2002 09:59 AM

Man, you don't know how happy I am to know there are fellow lancer owners that wanna hang out. I'm glad you guys are down 4 it. But I think we need a little more time, hopefully we can form an even bigger crowd. I have other friends with other cars, We are planning to form a team/club for anyone regardless of race or creed.
The objective :
1. Group buys, buying in bulk will definately be a benefit
2. Hanging out
3. I was hoping to get some import models hehehe...
4. Swap latest info etc..
5. Big Bashes, etc

I'm planning on building a website soon to post all the info and hopefully setup our own forum, not that LF is bad at all. But I want to make one for members exclusively.

My friend and I are thinking about fronting the money for some things in the club/team.
But we're only on our planning stage right now, We need to come up with a name(something original) I was thinking "Team Redline Autosports" or just "Redline Autosports". My friend wants to make team logos so members can optionally show off(it sucks not belonging) So, first things first. Do you guys have any suggestions as to a name? Keep in mind that the club/team will not be restricted to only Lancer owners. I want this to grow BIG like Fight Club muahaha

Lancer03 Aug 22, 2002 04:02 AM

By the way, if you want help with anything let me know and I will do what I can. Aim me, email me or just post back here :)

Edit: I like Redline Autosports, that sounds pretty cool :thumbup:

Celm Aug 22, 2002 05:44 AM

hey im up for it
i live in long island