Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

The legal assult on modding continues....

Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The legal assult on modding continues....

RCW 46.61.680
Lowering passenger vehicle below legal clearance — Penalty.

It is unlawful to operate any passenger motor vehicle which has been modified from the original design so that any portion of such passenger vehicle other than the wheels has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway than the clearance between the roadway and the lowermost portion of any rim of any wheel the tire on which is in contact with such roadway.

Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
This isnt bad. This is common sense. It means that you cant have ground clearance less than the height of your sidewalls. The only people this screws are Honda/Acura **** that cut springs and make cops think anyone with a hot 4 cylinder is a F&F cast member reject.

JB
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

true dath
Old Jul 9, 2007, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
This isnt bad. This is common sense. It means that you cant have ground clearance less than the height of your sidewalls. The only people this screws are Honda/Acura **** that cut springs and make cops think anyone with a hot 4 cylinder is a F&F cast member reject.

JB
Thats how I read it too...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley

JB
I have no idea why, but I find this statement hilariously funny.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah this isn't a bad thing. Figuring htat most of us wont want to be retarded enough to drop our cars that low this shouldn't effect any of us.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:37 AM

we all should look at it as a good thing... This law should pick up 1/2 the honda population. It might just clean up the street a bit.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JohnB FTW!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by outlaws69
we all should look at it as a good thing... This law should pick up 1/2 the honda population. It might just clean up the street a bit.
ooh boy.....

I thought half the honda population were law abiding, speed limit conscious innotech employees.

Scorke
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McDougal
I have no idea why, but I find this statement hilariously funny.
+1 its funny, i agree it just makes it a bad for the ricers, even now i still get that occasional stare down from cops ready to slap a ticket "too fast and too furious"
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
ooh boy.....

I thought half the honda population were law abiding, speed limit conscious innotech employees.

Scorke

im kinda busy lundburg... im gonna have to ask you to come back another time
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:29 PM

If you look at case law this section has been used to pull cars over for nothing more than appearing lowered, that was my point. Much like the exhaust law, you may not actually be in violation of the section but, they still have the ability to pull you over without a set and standardized measure.

Unless you are actually dragging something on the ground or have vehicle related item lower than the lowermost portion of the rim you are not forseeably in violation of this law.

The next section they will add may state that any vehicle operating on the street without a specific predescribed destination after a certain time of day is illegal.........welcome to the progression to martial law and a police state.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justboosted02
im kinda busy lundburg... im gonna have to ask you to come back another time
Dude I am an intern right now at this corporation and each time I think of or walk through the building feel like I might as well be in office space...

Scorke
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO Tweeker
The next section they will add may state that any vehicle operating on the street without a specific predescribed destination after a certain time of day is illegal.........welcome to the progression to martial law and a police state.
Welcome to the late 90's nice to have you here. I knew full well where you were going with it, but this isnt anything new and its not anything different than whats been happening for quite awhile. I had just been trying to be funny, thanks for ruining it.

1984 wasnt a typo, ask anyone with google earth. You think that the scheiss the government has is that pixelated? Or is just now in their possession?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 07:50 PM

John - the point is that where it may have been happening since the late 90's it is now law. Where before we all knew they were pushing thier limits and you could get off on the letter of the law....not the case anymore.

Hey, but, thanks for the history lesson as you can see I am quite behind the times, not well researched, and completely inept at legal matters.

Your comment is not well received....................

Search this Thread