Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

5 plus people and Al will come to tune Evo's! Anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2004, 08:15 AM
CJK
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 plus people and Al will come to tune Evo's! Anyone interested?

Just got PM'd back from Al, I was originally thinking of going the Exede route but that is a lot of cash to put out for me to have my car tuned...it would be great to have Shiv tune, but 1k+ for dyno time and Exede are out of my range right now. My experiences with Dynoflash have been awesome...everytime I send PM's, he makes sure to get right back to me.
So I enquired about Al coming up here and he said he will street tune; or if anyone knows of a Dyno he could use, I am sure that would work also...but anyhow, if 5 people would want him to come up here...let me know. Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CJK,

what are you planning on having done to your car? I am interested in the notion but don't have a clue.
thanks
Bruce
Old Jan 19, 2004, 12:23 AM
CJK
Evolving Member

I plan on having him street tune my car...where he tunes your car while driving. I have already purchased a mail in flash from him and it was the best bang for the buck out there. If we can find someone local to let us use their dyno it would even be better...but that is far fetched. The only other option is street tuning.
I am trying to obtain more mods before the tune...but we'll see.
Old Jan 19, 2004, 03:03 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

no one huh? wow
Old Jan 24, 2004, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

I just got a mail in flash back from Al. I'm super impressed.

If he comes in town, I will have him do a dyno or in car tune specificly for my car. So count me in I guess.

I'm surprised not more ppl from the NW is interested in this. Cut through all the B.S. you see on the forums and it is clear that Al produces results for a very very good price. The guy is also very nice to deal with and I've never read a legitimate complaint from any of his customers. Only negative things I hear are from people who have gone to his competitor (who also seems to produce good work), but feel they need to justisfy their decision.

Derek
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:37 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting Derek! I also sent you a PM...I am trying to get some people signed up...however, I also cannot believe more people aren't jumping at the bit to have him tune our cars! Sign up everyone! I myself had the mail in flash and I think it was the best bang for the buck!

Clint
Old Jan 24, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

is there an advantage to a tune with just a flash?
and what does the flash change from the factory settings?
how does the mail in flash work, do you send him your computer or what?

sorry for the newbe questions
Old Jan 24, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

let me just say that it is well worth the money. Al is in Cali this weekend doing street dynoflashes. He did my car last night and it is well worth the money. He was able to tune a very noticeable amount of power and he also was able to smoothen out the powerband. I'm very impressed w/the results of the flash. He's also a great guy. Very enthusiastic about tuning evo's and in cars in general. Great asset to the community IMO.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 02:28 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Hey nothere...check out his web site Dynoflash.com
It will give you a more in depth review of what is done to your Ecu with a mail in flash.
Basically he increases your boost so it doesn't drop off so drastically as the stock Evo's due in the upper RPM range, he removes your MPH and raises your rev limit to 7850 (I haven't gone that high )

Blxmjx, thanks for your review, AWESOME!
Old Jan 24, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

I think you'd get even more of a net gain from a stock car than you would if you had some basic mods like the boost controller. The stock programming reduces boost up top which greatly reduces power. Al's tune eliminate the boost taper and slightly modifys the fuel and timing programming.

So esentially Al's tune is like getting a boost controller, but not having to do any wiring or messing around with vacuum hoses under the hood. Cheaper than even just one electronic boost controller, fuel controller, or timing controller.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I had asked Al if he planned on coming to Seattle to dynotune some cars and couldn't get a firm answer. I've been running his through the mail flash for several months and am happy with it. However, if he does come here and he's going to be tuning on a dyno I'd be interested. PM me if this turns into a reality.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 04:55 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

I will PM you if this turns out...All we need is 5 Evo owners!! I can't believe more people aren't wanting to do this...
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:00 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

so people down so far are:
1.CJK
2.DerekW
3.Nothere?
4.Mikec

Come on guys...have you seen the thread "Off to pruven..." check it out.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 09:06 PM

I'd be interested, but I've got to get my boost controller, blitz intake, and possibly buschur's cat back in before I'd want Al to tune.

Any idea on when this would happen?
Old Feb 1, 2004, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

sorry I'm out, sounds good though, good luck!

Quick Reply: 5 plus people and Al will come to tune Evo's! Anyone interested?