EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region-41/)
-   -   So a GT-R and Evo Meet at a Stoplight... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region/587752-so-gt-r-evo-meet-stoplight.html)

skidmarq Dec 6, 2011 10:48 AM

So a GT-R and Evo Meet at a Stoplight...

Removing video as I didn't realize it was against EvoM rules but reviewed and found this:

EvolutionM.net does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities. This includes, but is not limited to, street racing or excessive speeding (no street pulls, no street testing, no "private roads"), defeating "locked" ECM features, distributing, selling, or trading of copyrighted materials, promoting illegal activities, and organizing events conducive to illegal activities. Street racing is any competition or illegal exhibition of speed on roads that are open to the public. Rule of thumb: if its not a sanctioned event with an overseeing body (NHRA, NASA, SCCA, etc.) or on an official track (dragway, road course, AX). Then don't post it here.

It was a European video of an Evo and GT-R quickly accelerating from a stoplight...

boostedtres Dec 6, 2011 10:50 AM

your an absolute idiot. enjoy your points and your thread getting closed. wow, this gave me a good laugh for the day. thank you.

jrank3792 Dec 6, 2011 10:55 AM

I could have predicted that.

rush63 Dec 6, 2011 11:02 AM

Guys in the Evo made themselves look like idiots!

skidmarq Dec 6, 2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by boostedtres (Post 9800715)
your an absolute idiot. enjoy your points and your thread getting closed. wow, this gave me a good laugh for the day. thank you.

:confused:

From the video's description, the GT-R is north of 600WHP and the Evo is pushing 400ish...

escodotcarter Dec 6, 2011 11:09 AM

I would have been embarrased to post that, unless I was the guy driving the GTR lol. Even then, it's against EvoM protocol.

izabran Dec 6, 2011 11:10 AM

in before the lock lol...

FTY Motorsports Dec 6, 2011 11:12 AM

in before lock for once lol

CAD EVO Dec 6, 2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by escodotcarter (Post 9800784)
I would have been embarrased to post that, unless I was the guy driving the GTR lol. Even then, it's against EvoM protocol.

Yea you got smoked. Thread locked soon enough man

SilverShadow03 Dec 6, 2011 11:18 AM

^Me too!

llDemonll Dec 6, 2011 11:19 AM

1. this isn't skidmarq's video im guessing
2. pretty sure the g35 and the evo guy are friends, or he just likes taking videos of a random guys car (judging by his youtube channel)

skidmarq Dec 6, 2011 11:23 AM

Correct, not my video - was filmed in Europe. If anyone is into this type of thing, I'm sure it can be found on YouTube by searching Google for "RWD GT-R versus Evo 9".

WarmMilk Dec 6, 2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by escodotcarter (Post 9800784)

why? no one expects a 400whp evo to beat a 650whp gtr... nothing embarassing about that, running a 13.0 in a Z06 in the 1/4 is embarassing (I've seen that in person... it was funny)

you win some you lose some...

JohnBradley Dec 6, 2011 01:05 PM

Smells like keyboard warrior in here.

Aaron

R/TErnie Dec 6, 2011 01:11 PM

PM me the link. I like watching video's.