EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Other Cars - For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/other-cars-sale-wanting-buy-wtb-trade-wtt-317/)
-   -   TRADE: 1998 Quicksilver Supra - NA Auto Targa (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/other-cars-sale-wanting-buy-wtb-trade-wtt/433793-trade-1998-quicksilver-supra-na-auto-targa.html)

CrackerJackToy Jul 14, 2009 08:06 PM

TRADE: 1998 Quicksilver Supra - NA Auto Targa

Accepting trades, EVO9 preferred. **I am a very serious & motivated seller. Please do not waste my time or yours with phony offers & interests!**

Price : $18,150 obo or Trade.

1998 Toyota Supra
Quicksilver (One of the rarest colors to get ahold of.)
N/A (Non-Turbo)
96k Miles
Automatic Tranny
Leather Interior
Targa Top
Fully Loaded

Very rare color. Dead reliable. No aftermarket parts. (Minus the wheels) I kept it this way on purpose to help preserve the car. Never modified in any way. Mechanically its great, and I havent had a issue. Brand new starter, and rear tires are only 6 months old. Only reason im selling is because I want to get another EVO! :D

Absolute NO kids or dead beat buyers. No rides, or test drives unless cash in hand or proof of seriousness. Its only fair to me, and the next owner by not having 10+ people drive it for a joy ride. I will clay bar, polish, wax & fully detail the car for the next buyer!

60+ photos here: http://photobucket.com/1998supra

Thanks

New Pic!
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3.../targaoff1.jpg

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/supra/s2.jpg

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/supra/s5.jpg

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e...y/supra/s3.jpg

Cj98 Jul 14, 2009 09:17 PM

Goodluck with the sale! Join up on Midwest evos if ya haven't already, great place for those in well the midwest lol.

EMonz57 Jul 14, 2009 09:19 PM

Very rare color indeed. Your car looks immaculate.

For anyone who says "aww NA, or Aww auto" you just don't get it. This car is more of a collector than almost all other color supras out there esspecially in the shape it seems to be in based on the pics

TyeVO Jul 14, 2009 11:09 PM

your picture link does not work just fyi

EMonz57 Jul 15, 2009 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by TyeVO (Post 7281026)

It works fine for me. I veiwed all of them{thumbup}

CrackerJackToy Jul 15, 2009 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by TyeVO (Post 7281026)

It does work. {thumbup}

TyeVO Jul 15, 2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy (Post 7281693)
It does work. {thumbup}

yea it does my computer was being a B last night...

dgoodhue Jul 15, 2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by EMonz57 (Post 7280720)
For anyone who says "aww NA, or Aww auto" you just don't get it. This car is more of a collector than almost all other color supras out there esspecially in the shape it seems to be in based on the pics

I don't know the market value for NA Supra and I am not saying the poster car isn't worth the asking price. However the above statement isn't always true, just because it rare doesn't make it collectible. It has to be desirable and their has to be a demand.

TyeVO Jul 15, 2009 05:03 PM

KBB on the car is $18410.00 in my area

EMonz57 Jul 15, 2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by dgoodhue (Post 7283440)
I don't know the market value for NA Supra and I am not saying the poster car isn't worth the asking price. However the above statement isn't always true, just because it rare doesn't make it collectible. It has to be desirable and their has to be a demand.

Understood, however if you know anything about supra's then you should know the quicksilver color is very desirable. It is up there with RSP and IJM. They are the 3 most rare colors Toyota Ever produced the supra in. To have one in those colors is a HUGE sales pitch. The only thing that get can more rare than this color, or the IJM and RSP color is some of the hardtops

The average price hike is like $5-$10k over a normal colored MKIV Supras. Toyota only shipped 33 of these in TT trim to the U.S. They also only sold a ballpark of 260 NA supras in 1998. 1998 is the only year this color was available. So doing the math 260 cars were broken down into 6 different colors that toyota offered the car in. Obviously they did not break each color with an equal share. RSP and Quicksilver are the most desirable of all colors for the MKIV supra for the rareity as well as the sexiness{thumbup}.

Even this car being an NA will be a decent catch esspecailly for someone to go NA-t or GTE swap.

CrackerJackToy Jul 15, 2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by TyeVO (Post 7284301)
KBB on the car is $18410.00 in my area

You know, I should also use KBB to talk some of the sellers into getting there TT 6-Speed, RSP/Quicksilvers down in price too. :lol: Or they'll just laugh at me. :crap:

CrackerJackToy Jul 15, 2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by EMonz57 (Post 7284810)
Understood, however if you know anything about supra's then you should know the quicksilver color is very desirable. It is up there with RSP and IJM. They are the 3 most rare colors Toyota Ever produced the supra in. To have one in those colors is a HUGE sales pitch. The only thing that get can more rare than this color, or the IJM and RSP color is some of the hardtops

The average price hike is like $5-$10k over a normal colored MKIV Supras. Toyota only shipped 33 of these in TT trim to the U.S. They also only sold a ballpark of 260 NA supras in 1998. 1998 is the only year this color was available. So doing the math 260 cars were broken down into 6 different colors that toyota offered the car in. Obviously they did not break each color with an equal share. RSP and Quicksilver are the most desirable of all colors for the MKIV supra for the rareity as well as the sexiness{thumbup}.

Even this car being an NA will be a decent catch esspecailly for someone to go NA-t or GTE swap.

Why dont you just buy my car? lol! {thumbup}

EMonz57 Jul 16, 2009 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy (Post 7284842)
Why dont you just buy my car? lol! {thumbup}

I already got myself a TT 6speed{thumbup}

dgoodhue Jul 16, 2009 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by EMonz57 (Post 7284810)

I owned Supra 10 years ago. Aren't they all pretty much rare? :D

I haven't follow recent pricing, but when I had mine the NA MKIV almost had to be given away. Auto had a much lesser demand as well. No offense but an auto NA Supra is dog in stock configuration. Anyway I am clueless to the value of the car FS.

As I said before just because it rare doesn't mean its collectible. I have seen Corvette owners touted the rareness of their base model with rare options (ie color or heater delete and radio delete, which were option intend for race cars) Their is no great demand or price premium for those combination of Corvettes.

On the Flip side, if you look at Grand National/Turbo regal numbers (I am excluding GNX's). The Grand National has much higher production numbers and its worth the most. The Turbo Regal has the same engine and some the combination are Supra like rare, but it doesn't matter. The demand and premium isn't their.

Its all about Supply and Demand. Rare doesn't determine price if the demand and willingness to pay the price isn't present.

EMonz57 Jul 16, 2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dgoodhue (Post 7286052)
I owned Supra 10 years ago. Aren't they all pretty much rare? :D

I haven't follow recent pricing, but when I had mine the NA MKIV almost had to be given away. Auto had a much lesser demand as well. No offense but an auto NA Supra is dog in stock configuration. Anyway I am clueless to the value of the car FS.

As I said before just because it rare doesn't mean its collectible. I have seen Corvette owners touted the rareness of their base model with rare options (ie color or heater delete and radio delete, which were option intend for race cars) Their is no great demand or price premium for those combination of Corvettes.

On the Flip side, if you look at Grand National/Turbo regal numbers (I am excluding GNX's). The Grand National has much higher production numbers and its worth the most. The Turbo Regal has the same engine and some the combination are Supra like rare, but it doesn't matter. The demand and premium isn't their.

Its all about Supply and Demand. Rare doesn't determine price if the demand and willingness to pay the price isn't present.

I got ya, I can deff speak for it in this sence. The QS fx color is very high demand. Yes NA Even the 5spd is not very quick. But people will pay more for NAs with this color as well as the RSP color. Obviously the TT in these colors are more collectables but it doesnt change that the color in any trim is popular.

The supra world is full of strange individuals to say the least. I agree with you that an NA auto regaurdless of color. The supra gods all drool over QS and RSP more than anything no matter the trim.