Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Eclipse question didnt no where to post this

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclipse question didnt no where to post this

Wasnt sure where to post this, got a 92 eclipse GSX just got the tranny built by ttr and i put everything back in with a BRAND NEW ACT 6puck with street light flywheel. Bleed clutch,adjusted pedal also, but the car wont go into gear. It will when i put the car into the air. When i put the car back on the ground it wont go in. Not sure what else it could be? please help!
Old May 18, 2011, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Was the flywheel new or resurfaced if resurface could of been steped wrong not alowing full disengagement. Also check and make sure the master isnt leaking and i know the 1gs had problems with the clutch pedals assembly wearing.Another thing is you have to adjust the pivot ball for the clutch fork in the bellhousing to make sure the fork is in the right position prior to install.
Old May 18, 2011, 07:27 PM

nah brand new flywheel, master isnt leaking either everything looks good got a brand new clutch fork also. kinda hard to look now since the tranny is still in the car. i was talkn to keith over at TTR and he said sometimes ACT clutchs do this, its happen to him b4
Old May 22, 2011, 07:42 PM

help

any other suggestion? gonna try n put the old clutch back in see if that does anything.
Old May 29, 2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by dcamp56
Wasnt sure where to post this, got a 92 eclipse GSX just got the tranny built by ttr and i put everything back in with a BRAND NEW ACT 6puck with street light flywheel. Bleed clutch,adjusted pedal also, but the car wont go into gear. It will when i put the car into the air. When i put the car back on the ground it wont go in. Not sure what else it could be? please help!
Sounds like either the step-height on the flywheel is incorrect, you have a worn pivot ball/clutch fork, there's air in the clutch line, or the clutch pedal isn't adjusted properly.

If you haven't dropped the tranny again yet, I'd start with double-checking that the clutch is completely bled:

http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_proper...utch_info.html

And then that the clutch pedal is properly adjusted:

http://www.teamrip.com/clutch_pedal_...ment_info.html

while you're under there, check your clutch pedal assembly to make sure it isn't worn out and needs replacement (see above link).
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:39 PM

any luck?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 09:46 PM

ya the clutch was no good ACT sent us a new one