Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

S.O.S Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2011, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.O.S Please Help!

I am the owner of a 2006 Eclipse GS and I have had it for about seven years now from the factory at 12 miles when purchased. Now my clutch is slipping and I was wondering if there was anyone out here with a similar model or motor who has done a clutch replacement on this model car or even a similar model engine who could offer some advice or useful tips. I have been rebuilding classic British cars with my father since I could hold a wrench but they are fairly simple and no computers to complicate matter. But in any case any feed back on the best approach to this job is helpful. Also I would like to add that I have been debating on turbocharging the car for quite a while and I have been told of only two fairly simple ways of doing this, 1) have a custom manifold built, 2) swap the MIVEC head for a head out of an EVO 8 (supposedly the bolt pattern is the same, but I have no guarantee on that one) Can anyone offer a little advice on this matter also as to what I should do or if there could be a third option. Thanks for the time.

Very Respectfully

SGT Parfitt
USA