Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

'01 Eclipse Project

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemike396
Scotty Kilmer?
Had to double check. But yup that's the dude. LMAO
Old Apr 21, 2014, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol...put the oe one back on for now and find another v6 one..?'
OR crank up the fuel in the tune at idle to compensate?..there's gotta be a way to fix it if that's the only issue(@ least temporarily)...even by trial and error you can get it to even out right?..you don't have to do all the math to figure out how much air so you can find ho much more fuel you need

ps there IS supposed to be a leak there just very small FYI...
it keeps the car running in idle...with the throttle "closed"...(it's really like 1-2% open or sumn tiny)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Yea there is an idle screw built into the TB that you can adjust. But the air is blowing from all around the butterfly valve. I guess im going to try to find me a cheap TB on car-part.com.

Been working on the interior some. I removed the sound deadening material. Probably ~10 lbs worth of the stuff from beneath the rear seats and in the trunk. Going to try to vacuum it out tonight. Then when I have time Im going to remove all the stupid stickers all over the inside and pressure wash the plastic panels. Might try to steam clean the carpet and seats. Then put it all back in. I'll need to wire in the radio as well. Then the interior will be finished.

Then once I replace the TB I'll take the whole car for a good wash. It needs it. lol
Old May 6, 2014, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Another small update.

New throttle body is on the way. Found one for real cheap on Club3G. Going to have to swap the sensors then put the new one on and hopefully that will solve my vacuum leak.

I pressure washed all the interior plastics, floor mats, and trunk carpet. I vacuumed out the interior really well. Then put it all back together. It looks really nice now. The blacks are actually black again.

I have a couple of friends who are interested in buying it. But neither have shown me any money yet. So as soon as the vacuum leak is fixed its getting a car wash, a for sale sign, and is getting posted on craigslist.

I'll post some final pics after I wash it.