Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Mirage to Evo V Conversion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mirage to Evo V Conversion Thread

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of an old member here on the forms. I don't post as much as I do per say on Socalevo.net or on the forms for my new project. For those that don't know me I bought my first Evo back in 05. Was a Silver VIII GSR. Racked up miles on it and turned into a salesperson at a local Mitsubishi Dealership and ended up trading in my car for a 2006 Evo IX MR in wicked white and gave myself a good deal that I couldn't pass up(See below)

Anyways this thread is the project I've been building and took away anymore time I want to put into the evo (Honestly I have minor bolt on's and I am not looking for some like Dyno killer or Time attack Evo IX.......yet )

In 2012 I stumbled across Adam's Evo 5 build on here and it pushed me to wanting to build my own Evo V (Grant it I don't have the talent he does but I am getting there) so I bought an Mirage that was a 5 speed already and came with the optional Sunroof. I'm engaged right now so the project has been on hold for a good 5 months now and will stay on hold till after the wedding in October 2014 but figured I would post up about the car here as I have started to on Socalevo and more on Mirage Forms.

So in advance thanks for looking:

Project:
Mitsubishi Mirage to Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR Clone

Whats Done:
Suede Headliner and Evo like door panels
OEM Evo V Wing
OEM Evo V Tail Lights
OEM Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V Rear Badging
OEM Evo V Rear Bumper
OEM Evo V Rear Fender Flares
OEM Evo V Side Skirts
OEM Evo V Front Fenders
OEM Evo V Momo Steeringwheel
OEM Evo V Power Folding Mirrors

Whats to come this year
OEM Evo V Hood
OEM Evo V Headlights and Turn Signals
OEM Evo V Front Bumper and Fog Lights
Complete Black OEM Mirage Dash board

Whats to come down the Road
Either Bride Seats or Evo Front Seats and Evo Rear Seats (Might throw the brides in my Evo IX and just take my Evo Seats and put them in the Mirage)
Evo VIII/IX MR BBS Wheels (Or possibly Enkies)
Evo VIII/IX Rear Floor Pan Swap for AWD Setup
Specific California built Evo VIII or IX 4G63T Engine (Emissions in California Suck need a California engine so I have the smog components already)
Evo VIII/IX 5 Speed Transmission
Evo IV through VI Transfer Case
Evo VIII/IX Complete Rear End
Evo V LHD Quick Steer setup

Pictures:

My Evo IX

The Really hard to look at project lol:

Day 1 of ownership

Progress

How she currently sits. In rough shape and a long way to go but she is slowly getting there.

Thanks for looking. BTW before I get flamed to death about why I don't just import one from Japan because its cheaper. Your right it is cheaper but guess what? Its illegal and expensive to pay someone off to look the other way. Not to mention I couldn't drive the thing on the road and also I don't want a RHD car. Passing on a two lane highway would be pretty risky not being able to see and all.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Looks good so far! Keep up the work evo 5's are my favorite model! can't wait to see how this turns out!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows The Build So Far? And Do You Have IG To See Progress?