Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Engine shaking when my car hit 80 km/h and above

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2014, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine shaking when my car hit 80 km/h and above

Can anybody please help me ? I just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing the same problem as me and what could be the possible reasons for this problem to happen.
When i drive my car at 80km/h or above my car's engine starts shaking strongly but on below 80km/h the car drives smoothly. The problem started around 4 months ago and my car mechanic told me a few reasons for this problem to happen and i ended up replacing my :
1/Fuel filter
2/GDI fuel pump
3/Iridium spark plugs,
But the problem is still here and my next option is to change or clean the injectors.

Last edited by Jessee; Nov 3, 2014 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 03:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
we dont have GDI engines in usa but it could be a bad coil?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Are you sure that the vibration is coming from the engine? One would think that engine related vibrations are not speed but rpm dependent. I would suspect either the suspension or the transmission. If your car has manual transmission try to drive at 80 km/h in a lower gear first and also at the same rpm that can be read at 80km/h in the highest gear. If it has automatic transmission try to put it to another drive mode (L or 3 or whatever you have available) and do the same thing. Most of all I would do a complete wheel alignment and would check the struts and the shocks and also the tires. If the suspension checks out fine then the transmission should be blamed. Hope this helps.