Notices
Mitsubishi Vehicles (Airtrek / Outlander) Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

Big EVO Brothers help the little guy aka Mirage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big EVO Brothers help the little guy aka Mirage

***Cliff notes below***

I know most EVO guys will turn their nose to a 3 cylinder fwd weakling but you can't help but be happy that Mitsubishi is doing better with the Mirage (selling more than expected), and the Mirage is the king of non hybrid gas mpg.

I am in the process of heavily ecomodding my Mirage, I want to do some pretty extreme things to it but since it is my first new car I want to be careful in doing so. My Mirage brothers don't have any knowledge of adding what I need to add so I am here for your guidance.

Gauges. I really need to monitor engine when blocking my grill and underside for reduced wind resistance. I need to find out how much I can block before my engine will suffer from too much heat.

****I want to add a oil pressure and a oil temperature gauge to my engine. Maybe a coolant if you think it is necessary, I can monitor my coolant temperature with torque via factory sending unit currently.

Can I buy a sandwich plate to add a oil pressure and oil temperature sending unit? Possibly relocating the oil filter as well? What is the best option. I think we use simular filters (not sure) Mobil 1 M1-110.

Thank you big brothers.

H&R lowering springs, Ultra Racing rear sway bar, deleted intake snorkel, 50psi tires, 49MPG weekly average 56mpg@55mph cruise control, 52mpg@55mph w/air conditioning.

Last edited by alex16; Jul 7, 2015 at 04:37 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
thats amazing gas mileage. is that mostly constant cruising or some stop and go? stick or a/t?