Notices
Other Mitsubishi vehicles Use this forum to discuss any other types of Mitsu/DSM vehicles, past and present

My pretend evo

Old Aug 4, 2015, 04:30 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My pretend evo (Airtrek turbo)

Hi all, my names Marty and recently purchased a pretend evo (Airtrek)
the place I bought it from fitted a double din head unit, fitted it with cruise control and done the timing belt, it has 102000k on the clock and was bog stock, the was done and I got it $10000 including on road costs.
Attached Thumbnails My pretend evo-image.jpg  

Last edited by Pretend evo; May 15, 2016 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Add extra, model of car so people know what it is
Old Aug 4, 2015, 04:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do a lot of k's each week and really liked the idea of having the cruise control, but alas, it would never really work right, I fitted a vacuum/boost gauge to the car to find out what was happening whilst driving.
Cruising on the open road At 100 I had between 2 & 8 inches of vacuum!!
I ended up getting a one way valve off a xf falcon and a vacuum tank from a ba falcon and plumbed that in, now the car sits steady on the flat and going up hills!!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 04:51 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My brother recently bought an evo VII and it has quite a lot of modification, the Beauty is most of the gear that was originally on it was kept by the previous owner, I got the evo VII turbo a tomei dump pipe, exhuast manifold and front pipe.
I bought a walbro fuel pump, evo VII FMIC, evo VII gt-a intercooler piping and got an exhuast shop to do a 3" exhaust with resonator and rear muffler.
I got the car tuned and have come out with a less than impressive 150kw atw

At first when taking off at the lights it pulled to about 5000rpm and hit the boost cut, I took it back to the tuner and they changed something, now when ever the car kicks down it goes straight into boost cut, very frustrating.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Sounds like you need a better tuner.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 01:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Car is going back in tomorrow, hopefully we'll be able to get this boost cut sorted.
Anyone with Slighty tweaked gt-a's? Are you getting boost cut problems?? Are your power levels similar to mine??
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So, lately I've been very disappointed with the car, the tuner has tweaked the the boost cut and of late has been super laggy, so I found that the waste gate actuator arm was not adjusted correctly I have since adjusted it, wow now it it actually makes boost from down low!!!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:21 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've noticed I've been down on boost, only getting 10psi max, should be around 19psi.
Made a tester up and have found the throttle shaft seals are leaking. Will have to wait till the end of next week before I can get some.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
About a month ago a council truck went past and dropped stones and broke my windscreen, I have managed to replace with a 2002 outlander one, haven't had any leaks or problems, kinda handy to know.
Old May 15, 2016, 02:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Found out after a process of elimination that my factory boost solenoid has not been working!!
This was a huge relief to find the problem, I replaced with one I found in a bunch of spare evo stuff, instantly started getting 19 pounds boost pulling back to 15psi.
At this point I got in contact with Adam from Beeble tuning.
Old May 15, 2016, 02:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Found out that Adam was going to be out my neck of the woods, I arranged a time with him to come out and look at the car, also organised a 3 port boost controller.
After spending some time on the car we managed to get the auto shifting A bit better which made a huge difference, Adam tweaked the tune and now the car has much better mid range, now finding its falling over up top, needs a injectors upgrade.
Old May 15, 2016, 02:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So after much researching on the forums I have decided to go with GSC S1 cams, have also ordered a set of sti injectors, let's see what the next chapter brings!!
Currently the car makes 150kwatw, I'm hoping to get a bit more response.
Old May 16, 2016, 02:48 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sti injectors arrived today, just have to book Beeble in for a tune!!
Old May 20, 2016, 04:47 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New injectors are in the car, waiting for Adam to do his thing, whilst at it I talked my brother into getting an e85 map done for his evo 7, lets see how we go!!