Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:29 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr No Name
Hello.. i'm from Malaysia..
i'm new in this forum..
just wanna share pic of my car ..

so plase comment...

Wow! Awesome ASX/RVR/Outlander Sport! What variant do you guys get over there? Post up what motor you have, any mods, and HP/TQ numbers please. Did you do all of that work yourself or was that a specific Ralliart Edition?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79528485@N08/8017550059/http://www.flickr.com/photos/79528485@N08/8017550059/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/79528485@N08/, on Flickr
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
Fomer Vendor

With a little help from Photoshop.

Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:34 AM

My new daily. 2012 Outlander Sport. 20% tint, H&R Springs (fronts only) and led lighting. Great car, beats the gas mileage i was getting with my old daily (2004 WRX).

Old Oct 4, 2012, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Pelka
My new daily. 2012 Outlander Sport. 20% tint, H&R Springs (fronts only) and led lighting. Great car, beats the gas mileage i was getting with my old daily (2004 WRX).

Nice shot I like it a lot
Old Oct 4, 2012, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Looks good! Where in Mass are you? DO you have yellow fogs in front?

The Outlander Sport is a blast. I must recommend getting the cosworth drop in air filter, it increased our mpg and also seems to enhance the sound, and maybe a few hp.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boston_eagle
Looks good! Where in Mass are you? DO you have yellow fogs in front?

The Outlander Sport is a blast. I must recommend getting the cosworth drop in air filter, it increased our mpg and also seems to enhance the sound, and maybe a few hp.
Thanks everyone, I'm right outside Worcester. I have the k&n drop in. The yellow in the picture is probably the yellow corvette in front. I have stock fogs.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks good, one of my friends just traded in his big SUV for the Outlander Sport as well, seems to be catching on.

I'll post some picture of my car with H&R lowering springs all around soon, no energy to do the install tonight so will have to wait til the weekend. Evo X throttlebody swap was successful though, will do a full writeup as there are a few things to watch out for. Car picked up a few more ponies mostly at 5000+, hopefully I can bring it to the drag strip to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Looks good, one of my friends just traded in his big SUV for the Outlander Sport as well, seems to be catching on.

I'll post some picture of my car with H&R lowering springs all around soon, no energy to do the install tonight so will have to wait til the weekend. Evo X throttlebody swap was successful though, will do a full writeup as there are a few things to watch out for. Car picked up a few more ponies mostly at 5000+, hopefully I can bring it to the drag strip to see what it will do in the 1/4 mile.
How did you fit the rear springs on? I tried using the HR-29081-1 which fits the fullsize Outlander but the rears wouldnt fit. The rear springs from H&R were too thick for the perches on the rear shocks. What did you do to get them to fit or maybe you used a different set of springs?

Last edited by Pelka; Oct 5, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

How did you fit the rear springs on? I tried using the HR-29081-1 which fits the fullsize Outlander but the rears wouldnt fit. The rear springs from H&R were too thick for the perches on the rear shocks. What did you do to get them to fit or maybe you used a different set of springs?
Well they are still sitting in a box in front of me... guess I will find out first hand what the issues are!

I got the H&R 29081-1 lowering springs from Tirerack and they claim it was a direct fit install. Road Race Motorsports also sells them but not sure if they sourced in custom springs that actually work or modified them if indeed there is a clearance issue. I have a die grinder and can get some welding done if needed to make it work but if there are issues we should definitely make them aware of them.

Where did you purchase them and did you tell them your troubles?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hiboost
Well they are still sitting in a box in front of me... guess I will find out first hand what the issues are!

I got the H&R 29081-1 lowering springs from Tirerack and they claim it was a direct fit install. Road Race Motorsports also sells them but not sure if they sourced in custom springs that actually work or modified them if indeed there is a clearance issue. I have a die grinder and can get some welding done if needed to make it work but if there are issues we should definitely make them aware of them.

Where did you purchase them and did you tell them your troubles?
I got them from RRM and I also called h&r told them that the fronts were fine just that the rears wouldnt fit. Seems that the rear springs from h&r are too thick to fit onto the top perch for the shock. Also where it meets the bottom of the shock it's way too thick to seat correctly on the shock. Eveything looks like it will fit until you actually have it apart.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I got them from RRM and I also called h&r told them that the fronts were fine just that the rears wouldnt fit. Seems that the rear springs from h&r are too thick to fit onto the top perch for the shock. Also where it meets the bottom of the shock it's way too thick to seat correctly on the shock. Eveything looks like it will fit until you actually have it apart.
Looks like if I can't make it work within reason they are getting returned then... Is there some reason why RRM wouldn't have tested them on an Outlander Sport before selling them? Seems counter-productive for any vendor to go down that route.

Luckily the front motor mount and strut bar have made the car plenty nimble for some more spirited driving so honestly the lowering springs really aren't needed in my mind now unless you just want to reduce the wheel gap a bit.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 09:33 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I think you guys missed something on their website:

Name:  outlandersport.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  963.2 KB

For reference, I must say, that is deceptive as ****. I've gotten a bad vibe from RRM in the past and things like this just help solidify my impression of them.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
I think you guys missed something on their website.

For reference, I must say, that is deceptive as ****. I've gotten a bad vibe from RRM in the past and things like this just help solidify my impression of them.
Well I didn't think I missed anything since I ordered it through the Tire Rack for over $70 less which lists the 29081-1 as being 100% compatible with the Outlander Sport.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...autoModClar=SE

How RRM can list the H&R Lowering springs under the Outlander Sport/RVR Suspension section and then put a line in the description that they are for the regular Outlander is ridiculous. Seems like the Tirerack also made a mistake but probably doesn't even know there is a problem since they are a new item for them. I never got a chance to attempt the install today for a number of reasons but will report back tomorrow once I crack into it and see what we are up against.

Now I wonder how RRM lowered their Outlander Sport GT that they have on their website. If it requires modification to install they really should state that up front and also be more clear what they are selling on the website.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
I think you guys missed something on their website:

That disclaimer is new.

Quick Reply: Official Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX Picture Gallery