Notices

Outlander Sport International Parts

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 08:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the wiring is there already and the assembly comes with the pigtail to connect it. If you don't want to run it thru the body control computer you can run it off of a 12v power source and a switch. It's a simple circuit. Running it thru the bcc just gets you the switch on the light stalk and the tell-tale lamp in the gauge cluster.
Old May 25, 2013, 12:28 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Or you could tap into the front fog light lamp circuit and run that to a relay, and then run separate fused dedicated power wire back to the rear. That way when you turn on the front fogs, it will trigger the relay and power on the rear lamp as well. The relay is there to prevent you from potentially drawing too much power off the front fog lamp circuit, as it is only designed to handle two 55W bulbs, nothing more.
Old May 30, 2013, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Installed my Fog light today.. Its definately not Plug and Play. There are wires there but do not fit the plug on the fog light. Might have to run a switch.

Old May 31, 2013, 07:18 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Did you have to remove the rear bumper? If so, how difficult was it?
Old May 31, 2013, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
Did you have to remove the rear bumper? If so, how difficult was it?
Shouldn't that cover comes out with a bit of finagling - as to the wires back there, turn on your fogs and take a VM to the harness, see if you've got 12v across 2 wires that turn on/off when the fogs go on/off?
Old May 31, 2013, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

THere are wires back there but the plugs are different. Took a VM to it and was only reading negative and no power.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

you do not have to take off your bumper btw. that lil flap comes off w ease. But I'm thinking maybe i should take it off to see if there is a cable somewhere tucked besides the obvious one that was by the fog light.
Old May 31, 2013, 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ugleeboi
Installed my Fog light today.. Its definately not Plug and Play. There are wires there but do not fit the plug on the fog light. Might have to run a switch.

Can I get a side view of that large spoiler?
Old May 31, 2013, 02:04 PM

THere are wires back there but the plugs are different. Took a VM to it and was only reading negative and no power.
You wouldn't get power as the body control module wouldn't send power to those wires because they aren't enabled from the factory. So that makes sense that the vm read 0 positive volts.

Which vendor did u go with? I got mine from the dealer and haven't installed it yet.
Old May 31, 2013, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Mine came from a friend from Germany. I understand about the power. Its the connectors are different . You would have to spice into the wire or either buy and splice the dummy clip. Let me know how your dealer goes about enabling the body control.
Old May 31, 2013, 04:02 PM

Mine came from a friend from Germany. I understand about the power. Its the connectors are different . You would have to spice into the wire or either buy and splice the dummy clip. Let me know how your dealer goes about enabling the body control.
Oh yes I will be investigating that and the harness issue. I have a friend in Japan that works for mitsubishi electronics so ill post up anything I find as it pertains to this harness issue. I'm thinking another part goes in between the usdm harness and the fog light plug on the light assembly. I'll also post and info on the dealer enabling the rear fog lamp feature.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I had just registered as a new member here. I'm from Indonesia. I have just bought my new Outlander Sport a week ago. The issue about rear foglamp is one of favorite here because our OS is not equipped with rear fog. I wonder if any members here have already found the wire yet? I have studied the workshop manual but I cannot find the wiring there. I guess ASX in Europe or RVR in Japan have a different wiring. So far I've seen OS owner here use switch but he doesn't link the ECU and the indicator light is off..
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

I still have not hooked mine up.. lol
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
still need this part and bad! who has a hook up and how much?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

supposedly its the same rear fog light that comes on a I-Miev. give that whirl at your local dealership. but the light is going to cost you roughly 200.00

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport International Parts