Notices

Outlander Sport International Parts

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm glad I used to work at my dealer and get a discount!

I will look but I have a couple other things I'm working on for the near future like coilovers and exhaust.....
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ugleeboi
supposedly its the same rear fog light that comes on a I-Miev. give that whirl at your local dealership. but the light is going to cost you roughly 200.00
You mean $200? That is waste of money? Did you search ebay? We have a group buy here in Indonesia and it only costs me IDR350,000 or equal to $35.39..
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by motolola
You mean $200? That is waste of money? Did you search ebay? We have a group buy here in Indonesia and it only costs me IDR350,000 or equal to $35.39..
buy one and I'll paypal you for it $5 extra for you and then shipping!
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
buy one and I'll paypal you for it $5 extra for you and then shipping!
It's a group buy price and I don't know how much the original price. There will be gathering on Sunday and this rear foglamp will be installed in front of members. I'll share the pictures and ask if he can help you with this part.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i had a friend from england get mines and its not cheap i got charged about 140 then to finish it off the american version dont have the cable so you going to have to tap the day time running like or brake depending on if you want it on all the time or work with the brake....
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:14 PM

Here is video youtube of DIY Rearfoglamp from last sunday.

This is full video of the gathering.

As I mentioned before the price was group buy price which was lower than original price. You could join Facebook MitOSI and try to make a group buy. If you feel it's impossible to make a group buy.. try this link below. The price almost twice group buy price.

http://klik-automania.com/produk/rea...utlander_sport

Last edited by motolola; Jul 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need a freaking hood strut!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by motolola
It's a group buy price and I don't know how much the original price. There will be gathering on Sunday and this rear foglamp will be installed in front of members. I'll share the pictures and ask if he can help you with this part.
I watched the video, I understand the install of the light itself, so we already have wiring for it? and under the dash is just plug and play I assume?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The vid shows him putting a LED bulb in the light housing..and then he connects the housing to the car w.o connecting it to the wiring. I dont get it.. and what is he doing under the dash when the light not even connected!!! lol
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:30 AM

Sorry noob here. And I have not purchase the car as of now.

BUT, Why do we need to have rear fog lights?

Is this for aesthetics only? I can only think that maybe the reverse light is weak and this rear fog will help.. Maybe...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:57 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The U.S. owners are wanting to do it purely out of choice. Be it aethstetics or functionality (safety aspect) it's only because they want to. If you purchase one you won't be forced to install one (assuming that you're in the US)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
The U.S. owners are wanting to do it purely out of choice. Be it aethstetics or functionality (safety aspect) it's only because they want to. If you purchase one you won't be forced to install one (assuming that you're in the US)

What safety aspect? I'm really curious..

Yes Im in Cleveland.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

A lot of car makers outside the US, put rear fog lights into there vehicles for exactly that its brighter then your standard taillights and is good dense fog or heavy downpour.....I know I don't feel like getting rear ended because someone cant see me in bad weather. Like the bmw 335's have them in the US but they do not work until you purchase the $100 factory switch and plug it in. Extra safety and I like it better then that stupid panel they have there....

Correct the vid did not show him hook the actual light up to a wire and install. Under the dash I believe was plugging in the factory rear fog wiring. I would say its safe to assume the US cars will not have this wire under the dash or under the rear bumper.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
I watched the video, I understand the install of the light itself, so we already have wiring for it? and under the dash is just plug and play I assume?
Sorry to disappoint everyone but the video is just a beginning of installation. You need wiring, of course, and switch. Because changing with the same part like european car isn't worthed of money (using the same knob with fog lamp switch) then you can change it with galant shark's foglamp switch and put it next to sonar switch (there are three available slots and only one has already had switch). I spend hours learning wiring diagram from workshop manual but I can't find the wiring for rearfoglamp. I guess european cars have different wiring because rear foglamp is mandatory there. Country like England is covered with fog all the time, so there's no doubt that rear fog light is standard.

Too bad because without wiring diagram (europe version), it means I can't lit the indication lamp in the instrument cluster (already there). I know that the fuse for rear foglamp is in passanger compartement but without wiring diagram, it's useless information. So far the rear foglamp is using switch and new wiring outside ETACS ECU...

Last edited by motolola; Jul 10, 2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Old Jul 11, 2013, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the post and pics! I will just buy it and wire it up to the parking lights and call it a day. I don't care if its on all the times my lights are.

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport International Parts