Notices

KIDO Racing Coilovers...lowering our OS/RVR/ASX confirmed.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird that it has the rear camber uneven like that. Are you going to corner balance?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChrisHostos
A question about the drop. Since our OS rides higher in front from factory; and now you have it even all around. How are the ray of lights from headlights affected? Do they point more to the ground?
So last night, we were coming back from a late outing, and I was experimenting with the light level. Before the coilovers at stock ride height, the setting we had it on was "0." I was experimenting on the interstate with no cars in front of us between "0" and "2." Then, I experimented on a dark road on the way into our neighborhood. "0" and "1" really didn't make much of a difference, but from "0" to "2" was definitely more noticeable. We left it at "0," and if oncoming traffic start flashing their high beams at us, we'll aim them down. I'll keep you in the loop if we end up adjusting it.

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
Yeah, it's very rarely does anyone get to see the actual "Allowed" specific/variances for a particular OEM alignment setup from the manufacturer.

Especially to see all the "Before & After" info all on one page.
So, that's why I made that chart.

FANTASTIC new coilovers by the way! Love the drop!! (especially for street cruisin')

Your wife honors you very well.
Thanks for making that chart and the compliment! Well, the more I upgrade it, the more jealous I'll get since she drives it 85% of the time. It'll be fun doing rolling photoshoots in the future though! She gets two modified cars. One of mine has been a project for 4 years now, but do get to drive the fun car more.

Originally Posted by Side-Swipe
Weird that it has the rear camber uneven like that. Are you going to corner balance?
I know. I have to be careful on the low profile tires I plan on putting on the rear so I don't eat up the sidewall. Especially because I'm planning on a staggered setup. I definitely won't be corner balancing it as I don't have any intentions on making it go fast, nor autocrossing. This is more the wife's car than mine. She gets two options. This one and her convertible...

From last Friday night when we cruised to the beach...

Name:  IMG_20140228_221651_zpsb17b397c.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  150.5 KB
Old Mar 8, 2014, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Holy front mount batman.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LUNARFX
First sentence...I got it for Valentine's Day? Although I'm pretty sure my wife bought it from eBay since it was the only source I gave her. Considering she's a coupon queen and can find some awesome deals even in the car parts world, I wouldn't doubt it if she found it somewhere else cheaper.

I got tired of hearing rumors and reading endless threads here on lowering our rides. If that's what you heard, try it. I heard this coilover kit worked, and it did. You've been on this forum long enough to read what might work...the only way you'll find out is if you do it.

As for the rear struts, it's unbelievably easy. Lift up your mat/spare tire cover. Look for two bolts holding the struts in place, and loosen. Even if you have the Rockford Fosgate OEM subwoofer, it is not in the way. I took my spare tire and foam that holds all the accessories around it out, just because it looked too easy, but it literally took me longer to type this post than it took to find the top bolts and loosen. Have a friend help you hold the coilovers up so you can put the new bolts in from the top, or use the ol' fashion bungee cord.

I actually remembered reading your information when my friend came back with the results. Of course my printout didn't show the OEM specs on mine. Every car is different even if it's OEM, but for a close reference, your chart would be a good tool to use. Here's her report card...

Thanks for the info on the Rear struts.... I have a full evo X suspension sitting with a eibach prokit on it.... maybe I will do some work this weekend! I know the rear springs need to be cut. If the factory ones bolt right up from a Evo X than I know cheaper options for Coils will work. I have heard amazing things from overseas about the Kido coils. Im a big fan of the BC coilovers, one of the best I have installed in terms of fit, finish and function in the $800-$2000 coilover range. If I get to this swap this weekend I will fill everyone in when I can on my own personal findings.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds good man. There's only one way to find out, and that's to do it! Hopefully you won't be on those cut springs for too long!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

im not cutting springs.... I refuse to and never will. the cut springs I was hearing of was evo X Mr stock springs on OS struts.... I have a full Evo X GSR suspension with an eibach pro kit ready to go. if its higher than I will take it back off. Basically I need to determine if the Evo X struts fit. If so, than that opens up all coilovers low cost and high!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

Gotcha. Rock it out man!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 09:03 PM

This. Looks. Amazing!! New owner of a '14 SE and after 2 weeks/300mi of looking for mods , I knew a forum was the way to go. I am proud for this thread to have my 1st post, it's what made me become a member!! How's the ride quality compared to oem as far as stiffness... Our first crossover and mommy and 2yr old will not want the bounce or the stiff pothole impact...I can't keep anything factory for long, but have debated raising my Durango because of torsion bounce/stiff impact issues... #gettinold lol
Old Mar 18, 2014, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Welcome to the forum!
Glad you joined up.

And, if you still willing to mod then you're never too old!

(However, if your ride is mainly a mommy & kiddo mover, then perhaps suspension shouldn't be 1st on the list. Especially since the vehicle is so brand spanking new and you've got 10 year warranty coverage...)
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:40 PM

Thanks man, glad to call this my Mitsubishi HQ now!! And I know that shouldn't be first on my list but I'm an old school 32yo body on frame v8 guy and already trying to figure out ralliart turbo addition placement, compression/tuning issues, stance, painting fact. plastics etc... For now just have windows 20% front layer of 20% over rear window tint and windshield strip and added weather tech floor mats... We're custom upholstery family so stay tuned for a Katzkin or custom job down the road!! But I still crave that stance.... I need that!! Lol
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:49 PM

Check out where you picture made its way:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kido-Coilover-Mitsubishi-ASX-RVR-Outlander-Sport-2011-2014-Best-Support-/221389898782?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338bddc41e&vxp=mtr
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Good eye.
OP is famous!

> Hopefully that seller gotten a written letter of consent BEFORE they swiped the image(S) for their marketing usage...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

damn Shipping is off the charts! price looks good until I saw that.

On another note, I did not have time to attempt my install over the weekend because I worked a extra 20 hours over the weekend and have been non stop ever since. This weekend I may actually have a shot. Only issues I can see so far is the OEM rears from the Evo X are too long I believe. But I will take some pics and show what is and is not possible when I do it.

Congrats to all the people Picking Up the KIDO coils!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, where exactly do you find these? I only found two places Ebay and Kubano. Both have ridiculous shipping costs and even though its Kubano selling on Ebay, their price is different on their site than the Ebay one. Ill buy these for my wifes Outlander but only after they drop that shipping cost.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 304motoring
This. Looks. Amazing!! New owner of a '14 SE and after 2 weeks/300mi of looking for mods , I knew a forum was the way to go. I am proud for this thread to have my 1st post, it's what made me become a member!! How's the ride quality compared to oem as far as stiffness... Our first crossover and mommy and 2yr old will not want the bounce or the stiff pothole impact...I can't keep anything factory for long, but have debated raising my Durango because of torsion bounce/stiff impact issues... #gettinold lol
Thank you sir. Ironically, the reason I found this section of the forum a year ago was to research on lowering the Outlander Sport when we first got her too.

Ride quality can be very subjective, and what may be rough to others, may not be to some, and vice versa. I come from the world of hydraulics back in the lowrider days and even riding out on bumpstops, by rolling only on shocks without springs is my history. One of my DSM's was the first to be put on Ground Control's website gallery, and every Mitsubishi we own, is lowered. With that said, we're used to the firm ride. If your wife is not used to the bounce or stiff pothole impacts, I would seriously NOT recommend lowering your Outlander Sport period. I would recommend an air ride setup if any.

^
Welcome to the forum!
Glad you joined up.

And, if you still willing to mod then you're never too old!

(However, if your ride is mainly a mommy & kiddo mover, then perhaps suspension shouldn't be 1st on the list. Especially since the vehicle is so brand spanking new and you've got 10 year warranty coverage...)
Yes, and welcome to this section of EVOM! It's not as active as most boards, but there are some really good people here that will lead you the right direction.

Originally Posted by 304motoring
Thanks man, glad to call this my Mitsubishi HQ now!! And I know that shouldn't be first on my list but I'm an old school 32yo body on frame v8 guy and already trying to figure out ralliart turbo addition placement, compression/tuning issues, stance, painting fact. plastics etc... For now just have windows 20% front layer of 20% over rear window tint and windshield strip and added weather tech floor mats... We're custom upholstery family so stay tuned for a Katzkin or custom job down the road!! But I still crave that stance.... I need that!! Lol
You're a young buck compared to me who's about to hit 40 years old, so no excuses! I used to sell Katzkin products, and eventually want to do two tone black/grey suede perforated(I live in Florida) seats with double red stitching, embroidery, heat and back massagers. Maybe you'll beat me to it and can share along.

^
Good eye.
OP is famous!

> Hopefully that seller gotten a written letter of consent BEFORE they swiped the image(S) for their marketing usage...
I actually offered to send them pictures once I found out my wife got them from there. What's funny is, I haven't sent them any pictures yet. Hahaha...at least they found the ones I posted from here. From what my wife says, they had good communication.

Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
damn Shipping is off the charts! price looks good until I saw that.

On another note, I did not have time to attempt my install over the weekend because I worked a extra 20 hours over the weekend and have been non stop ever since. This weekend I may actually have a shot. Only issues I can see so far is the OEM rears from the Evo X are too long I believe. But I will take some pics and show what is and is not possible when I do it.

Congrats to all the people Picking Up the KIDO coils!
Shipping seemed to be everyone's deterrent and not knowing if it would fit, would never go through with the transaction I guess. If you want this look/ride/style bad enough, shipping won't matter. Here's the bottom line...shipping is going to be ridiculous, but if that's what keeps you from buying, then wait on another product to come out. Most members here have been waiting for years. I can't begin to tell you how many threads started out on "Lowering" that ended in, "but shipping is ridiculous." That's why, the moderator asked if we could split this thread up to what it is now, so there would no longer be any confusion.

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Yeah, where exactly do you find these? I only found two places Ebay and Kubano. Both have ridiculous shipping costs and even though its Kubano selling on Ebay, their price is different on their site than the Ebay one. Ill buy these for my wifes Outlander but only after they drop that shipping cost.
Not sure how long you plan on waiting as like I said above, many of us have been waiting for over a year on a setup that worked.

Quick Reply: KIDO Racing Coilovers...lowering our OS/RVR/ASX confirmed.