Notices

What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
around 2?

i don't get crazy with it - a guy i work with does inside the doors and frame rail of his truck - i just get the "visible" parts of the underside.

this will be my first time using the non-aerosol in the gallon can. i figured i can be a little more precise with it on a paintbrush. it stinks a bit if you get it on the exhaust, until it burns off.
I have done the undercoating today and ended up using 3.5 cans. I used it liberally though. As far as the application is concerned, it is great: no bad smell, no organic solvents. It smells like sheep as it is a lanolin based product. Hope it will last for one season. Thanks again for the tip.
I have also added a second light for the trunk to the left side to increase the illumination.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?-trunk_light_left.jpg  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by AWCAWD
I have done the undercoating today and ended up using 3.5 cans. I used it liberally though. As far as the application is concerned, it is great: no bad smell, no organic solvents. It smells like sheep as it is a lanolin based product. Hope it will last for one season. Thanks again for the tip.
nice, i plan on doing at least one of our cars by the end of the week. you don't want to get Fluid Film on the exhaust, but i would get some on a brush and do the heatshield bolts - they completely deteriorated on my Evo.

I have also added a second light for the trunk to the left side to increase the illumination.
great mod - its a sea of black in the hatch. where did you tap the power? do they come on with the overheard interior lights?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

nice, i plan on doing at least one of our cars by the end of the week. you don't want to get Fluid Film on the exhaust, but i would get some on a brush and do the heatshield bolts - they completely deteriorated on my Evo.
I have wrapped the exhaust pipe and the brake rotors. Also, made a long straw (by taping two-three supplied attachments together) to reach in and spray into cavities. When you spray a fine mist is formed and it is deposited in all surfaces even as high as the windows. I did mine in my garage as my driveway is inclined (not safe to lift the car). I highly recommend to cover the garage floor and the driveway you wish to park the car after the treatment with tarp.

great mod - its a sea of black in the hatch. where did you tap the power? do they come on with the overheard interior lights?
Thanks. The light fixture I picked is light and can be supported by the carpet itself. One must cut the same size hole on sound deadening material to provide ventilation and allow the dissipation of the generated heat. I have tapped into the regular trunk light on the right and guided the wire up on the rearmost pillar then under the headliner to the left and finally down again on the left side. Although after a while the trunk lights switch off automatically, I will install a switch next to the original trunk light to save battery power if the trunks is to stay open for extended period of time.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

I have wrapped the exhaust pipe and the brake rotors. Also, made a long straw (by taping two-three supplied attachments together) to reach in and spray into cavities. When you spray a fine mist is formed and it is deposited in all surfaces even as high as the windows. I did mine in my garage as my driveway is inclined (not safe to lift the car). I highly recommend to cover the garage floor and the driveway you wish to park the car after the treatment with tarp.
yeah, i do mine on a Harbor Freight tarp (i collect the free ones when they offer them ) under my deck. don't want Fluid Film all over the concrete!

Thanks. The light fixture I picked is light and can be supported by the carpet itself. One must cut the same size hole on sound deadening material to provide ventilation and allow the dissipation of the generated heat. I have tapped into the regular trunk light on the right and guided the wire up on the rearmost pillar then under the headliner to the left and finally down again on the left side. Although after a while the trunk lights switch off automatically, I will install a switch next to the original trunk light to save battery power if the trunks is to stay open for extended period of time.
were you able to fish the wire through without removing the headliner? i don't want to go to too much trouble. i can't remember if i switched t rear bulb to LED - i know i did the fronts ... if i do this, i'll put an LED bulb in the existing light, and get an LED "2nd light", also.

thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

were you able to fish the wire through without removing the headliner?

thanks.
Sure. I have already routed a wire from the tailgate via the headliner when I did the rear parking sensor install. You just peel back the rubber strips and push the cable under the plastic trim pieces or the headliner and then readjust the rubber strips. You have to remove the screw (temporarily) from the baggage hook to lift up the carpet-like trim piece on the left if you wish to guide your wire in that area.

Last edited by AWCAWD; Sep 25, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Sure. I have already routed a wire from the tailgate via the headliner when I did the rear parking sensor install. You just peel back the rubber strips and push the cable under the plastic trim pieces or the headliner and then readjust the rubber strips. You have to remove the screw (temporarily) from the baggage hook to lift up the carpet-like trim piece on the left if you wish to guide your wire in that area.

thanks.

i'll look into it further ... if i ever get any free time!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to post some pics of my pO.S. so i plasti dipped the chrome on the bumper and i did a grill delete still working putting some mesh and cleaning up the cuts
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Welcome to the forum!
Glad to see another Dallas native.

Woah..
Now that's putting it under the knife! Can't wait to see how the mesh turns out.

I'm curious.. Are you sure it's a 2013 O.Sport? (Unless you did a front fascia swop.)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
Welcome to the forum!
Glad to see another Dallas native.

Woah..
Now that's putting it under the knife! Can't wait to see how the mesh turns out.

I'm curious.. Are you sure it's a 2013 O.Sport? (Unless you did a front fascia swop.)
No it's a 16 outlander sport and I want to put a 13 front end on it I'm pretty sure it fits but I've been looking for someone to swap with to test before I buy one.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
@Ace
Then you might want to go check out some local salvage yards (or auto recyclers, that's what they call themselves these days) around town, there are a ton of them around DFW. I'm sure you can find/pick up parts cheap..
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
@Ace
Then you might want to go check out some local salvage yards (or auto recyclers, that's what they call themselves these days) around town, there are a ton of them around DFW. I'm sure you can find/pick up parts cheap..
Absolutely I will keep that in mind I did find a new replacement bumper for under a hundred bucks so it shouldn't hurt the old Bill fold to much once I get that rolling I will post pics for sure.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paleblue46
Got mine last year off ebay , if I remember right it was less then $100 shipped, I painted the ends in a Duplicolor Ford blue ....gave them and anodized look

link
Megan Race Spec Front Strut Tower Bar Brace Lancer 08 14 de ES GT GTS Ralliart | eBay

Attachment 317565

Attachment 317566
Attachment 317567
Thanks for the link. Just bought mine.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 04:57 PM

finally got a chance to wash my mitsy.

Old Aug 15, 2018, 08:52 PM

Smile

Hi, I installed "Triple S" lowering springs (Lancer) yesterday for my ASX and now the ride is so much better! Firm yet comfortable!
Mods done so far are Ultra Racing strut bar, K&N panel air filter, SSBH & SSS lowering springs.
I've learned a lot from this community and will be adding more mods in the future!

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 07:31 PM

Installed Switchback Led Strip outside the housing. Really liked how it turns out.

Quick Reply: What did you do to/for your Outlander Sport (ASX / RVR) today?