Notices

How to install EVO X smoked sidemarkers on Outlander Sport/RVR/ASX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mRVRsport
Is that so...?
From the photos, those LED side markers looked like they were using CREE LEDs, so I would have imagined them being much much brighter... (Especially when you consider them being housed in smoked lens. They should/need to be brighter than OEM. Oh well..)

Thank you for giving us the heads up.
Oh yeah for sure! I shouldn't leave out the important part. Function before fashion I guess. I was definitely going for aesthetic appeal. Put it this way, in a judgmental way, I used to be able to see on the corner of my eye through 5% tint, when my blinkers was on, making left hand turns. I barely notice them now with the new LED's. I'm not too disappointed, but they will still warn vehicles on lanes on either side that you are changing lanes. Just not as bright as you all would expect. Honestly, I wish I could compare an OEM version that is smoked with VHT. I would bet that the light output would still be brighter than the smoked LED's, but that is more like a hypothesis.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of brightness, I'm upgrading to these. My OS is Laguna Blue also, they look awesome on this color. I understand the safety factor of having visible turn signals, but keep in mind, until about 15 years ago, very few vehicles had redundant turn signals on the fender or mirror.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by powellwm10
Regardless of brightness, I'm upgrading to these. My OS is Laguna Blue also, they look awesome on this color. I understand the safety factor of having visible turn signals, but keep in mind, until about 15 years ago, very few vehicles had redundant turn signals on the fender or mirror.
First of all, Welcome to the forum!
Throw up some pics and officially introduce yourself.

Secondly, the EVO LED side markers weren't what was worrying us (about visibility) it was Dipping the OEM markers that concerned us the most.

And, true about most things 15 years ago > Most cars back then still had carburetors and everyone had "dumb" cellphones that ONLY allowed people to Talk with them

Now a days, we need every little "aide" we can get just to be safe on the streets, let alone on the highways when we drive (especially at night).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by powellwm10
Nice. I actually made that same point in another thread. Welcome and love the Laguna Blue company!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Post!!!!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 05:40 PM

Bumping an old thread and I'm sure some of the original poster's in this thread maybe gone, but I just received my smoked side markers for my 2016 OS and I read from another forum member that the factory wiring is still in place even though the side marker turn signal led light was moved from the 2011-2015 OS fenders to the side view mirror on the 2016's. With this write up, I'm confident in tackling this mod this weekend, but I am concerned that the extra plug might not be there. Can any one confirm that it's still there and I'm going to be able to have flashing fender side markers along with the flashing side markers on the side view mirrors?