Notices

Gatsby's 2016 Outlander SEL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the car back. I think the paint looks ok... they did fill in the rock chips that were on my hood. Ended up doing a full three stage buff job (at least that's what they told me).

Now for the radio, I'm just going to end up calling the Mitsubishi representative to get that all squared away, and finger crossed that they'll actually do something.

Here are some after pics, I personally can't see any buff marks in person, but I also haven't had my car washed since they gave it back to me, so we'll see how good of a job they did.

Old Jul 27, 2017, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
has no one looked into the Bluetooth module? can you tell which version it is maybe you can manually update it.

how do you like the tan interior. I am thinking about upsizing the the full size OS, SEL same color as well. Just wondering how the tan is going to hold up and how hot does the interior get compared to the OS and black interior.

Also, do you think the OS and the full size have the same roof rack, maybe interchangeable.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jono119
has no one looked into the Bluetooth module? can you tell which version it is maybe you can manually update it.

how do you like the tan interior. I am thinking about upsizing the the full size OS, SEL same color as well. Just wondering how the tan is going to hold up and how hot does the interior get compared to the OS and black interior.

Also, do you think the OS and the full size have the same roof rack, maybe interchangeable.
I honestly don't know what the dealer has/hasn't looked at. All I know is that it's driving me crazy. The issue keeps happening on a Sunday so I can't swing into a Mitsu dealership to show a service tech, lol.

Love the tan interior! I don't feel that the interior gets all that hot honestly, although I rarely ever wear shorts, so I never really have direct skin contact with the leather seats when I get in. I have friends with black leather interior and even with jeans on, their seats are crazy hot when getting in their cars.

As far as the tan staying tan, no issue so far. About 10 months in to owning this car and the only issue I've really ever had with the tan leather was about two weeks after getting it, we took a road trip from Missouri to Florida and the person in my passenger seat decided to wear brand new unwashed dark jeans. It left blue on the sides, but with just a damp rag it wiped right off. I'm actually pretty lazy about leather upkeep, but I do wipe down the leather seats about once or twice a month with a damp rag just to get everything off of it.

And honestly, I have no clue about the roof rack. I never had the roof rack on my OS so I never got to really see/mess with it in person until I got my Outlander. I love them though, they make the overall appearance improve in my opinion, but I only ever seem to use them with my roof mounted bike racks, and when I bought a ladder, lol.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Paint on the Big O's is silly thin IMO.
I got bad chipping on my 16 and the dealer covered it, I went ahead and got the Mitsu chip protector bug guard thingy and I like it, well worth the money I think.

Oddly enough, my wifes 14 Big O has been into the dealer a few times for radio issues and it's been replaced once already. This last time she lost BT phone and all sound after hanging up on a call. Then all the settings were slow to respond. shut it off and turned it back on and it all went back to normal..... I think it's possessed.

Any upgrades planned for your Big O.?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Paint on all Mitsubishi's is silly thin, lol. I had to call the Mitsubishi area rep, and unfortunately, the dealer that messed up the paint has to be the one that fixes it, so I don't know what I'll do if they fail yet again.

The only upgrades I've really been thinking about would be:

- Hitch & wiring harness
- Bug deflector
- Big spoiler (maaaaybe, depends how long I want to keep the Big O)
- Radio replacement with something that has Android Auto (they have to fix whatever is wrong with my system first though)
- Darker window tint

Otherwise, I was looking into getting some mud flaps, but I haven't found any that I really like.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the CURT hitch I put on the wifes 14, easy install. It does hang down, but it's beefy. We only use it for bike racks, so no harness, but that may change if I get a lil trailer for home project materials.
Mudflaps,,,, I thought about that too, but I don't think they'd be all that much of a benefit on this Ute. I went after performance and handling and I'm truly happy with what I've done so far. MPG's are "slightly" better than stock, but the GO and cornering are very noticeable. I just wish they made a lowering spring for them, so far I can only find coil overs, and I'm not "that" into dropping big coin just to lower it 1.5 - 2".

Good luck with the dealer..