Notices

Can I reset my low tire pressure pop up after filling my tires on my 2012 Mitsubichi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I reset my low tire pressure pop up after filling my tires on my 2012 Mitsubichi

2012 Mitsubichi Outlander suv?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mterrie
2012 Mitsubichi Outlander suv?
First, welcome to our forum.
Second, you may want to provide a bit more description about the problem you have encountered. Briefly, if the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) works appropriately you do not need to "reset" anything. The low pressure warning should disappear after filling up your tires to the specified value. You may have to drive a few miles before it happens. I suspect, you have a malfunction in your TPMS system by judging the "pop up" in your title.Which one of the error messages are you getting (see the attached images) as pop ups?
If service is required you most likely have a bad or damaged sensor. Given that your car is a 2012 it is likely that the battery inside the sensor has been depleted. If that is the case you need to purchase new sensor(s) and install them. Since the new sensors will have different codes you need to get your new sensors coded into your ETACS by the dealer or someone with a MUT III device.
You have an alternate option: disable the TPMS system entirely. Search on the forum (hints: DIAGBOX or ETACS Decoder).
There is an unlikely possibility (if you get the low pressure pop up). The low pressure limit (to trigger the alarm) is programmed into the ETACS. This may have been accidentally or inadvertently altered to an unrealistically high level. Again, this option has a very low probability as it would require manual entry besides potential glitch.
Let us know more details. You would like us to find a solution to your problem. This solution is more than just a single sentence (like your post), so describe your observation in a paragraph or so by giving us enough detail that can rule out guesses.
Attached Thumbnails Can I reset my low tire pressure pop up after filling my tires on my 2012 Mitsubichi-tpms-error.jpg   Can I reset my low tire pressure pop up after filling my tires on my 2012 Mitsubichi-tpms-low-pressure.jpg