Notices

My girl got a 2017 OS for college

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My girl got a 2017 OS for college

Couldn't be happier to see her in a Mitsubishi OS.
We had the 99 Jeep XJ for a couple years and she LOVED that rig. But with college coming and having to travel a ways to get there and come back on weekends, she needed something more efficient. She was so sad to see the XJ drive away on Friday, but Saturday we went out and checked out some rides, she ended up talking with our dealer, and she scored a hell of a deal on a Silver, 2017 SEL trim 2.4, FWD. (that's our 4th Outlander model since 2013) We had a 13 OS, and then got a 14 Big O, then a 16 Big O.
She signs Monday and wants to break it in before we start modding. A pulley is on the list and perhaps a small lift and some better (slightly taller) tires. I'll be posting for her (as usual) on building her new ride. It'll be good to get back into the OS forum.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
Damn Krakker! It's been FOREVER since we've last seen you.
Had thought you went underground 'bunker'...

That's a big move for your daughter.. moving off to college. Glad she's gotten a reliable vehicle to do it in!

Well, keep us posted and again Congrats to girl.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks man.
I'm glad to be back in the OS forum. Both the Big O's my wife and I drive are still running great. I've been rocking the RRM pulley and timing controller now on my 2.4 for some time now and it's proven to be a worth while investment for power and MPG's VS the V6 GT.

Ironically, I gave the dealer the Curt hitch and the solid strut bar from the 13 OS after I trade my Sonata for the 16 big O. They never put them on anything and had them sitting in the parts dept. still. They ended up giving them back to my girl for her new OS....... (for a plate of home made brownies) and when they signed the paperwork today, they got her an even better interest rate.

She's pumped to have her own Mitsu, especially with the 2.4, even if it's only FWD. we're both happy she's got something dependable to go back and forth to college in. She's only 2.25 hrs away, so on weekends she'll be home with massage clients. 5 more yrs, and she'll have her Dr-et, in Chiropractic. Lucky me.... I could use it.

Pics coming soon I promise. right now we've got a bit of crappy weather.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Dealerships are a weird animal, if they can't find anybody to do something.. thing(s) literally just sits there on the shelf, FOREVER! Seriously.. ask me how I know.

Any how, WHAT a trade!
Curt Hitch AND strut bar for a plate of brownies!!!!
Plus, you sweet talked them into giving y'all an even better APR, that's just hilarious!

Well, if we're ever up that part of the country.. I have to ask for some of that chiropractic neck cracking service.