Notices

Evap Canister Q?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Evap Canister Q?

I am hoping someone on here can help a brother out! I am going to start a rear bumper project soon and realized the evap/charcoal canister is right behind the driver rear wheel. I have seen some write ups on removing it but would like to keep it for emissions/environment reasons. Have any of you who may own a Lancer or even an OS re-located this? I am planning on trimming the bumper up a bit and building a lower tube style tire carrier bumper like the front. If I do remove it, I just don't want any engine lights or un able to pass emissions. Thanks!
Old May 11, 2018, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63619

I found this writeup but not sure if it applies to the OS.
Old May 21, 2018, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hamman
I am hoping someone on here can help a brother out! I am going to start a rear bumper project soon and realized the evap/charcoal canister is right behind the driver rear wheel. I have seen some write ups on removing it but would like to keep it for emissions/environment reasons. Have any of you who may own a Lancer or even an OS re-located this? I am planning on trimming the bumper up a bit and building a lower tube style tire carrier bumper like the front. If I do remove it, I just don't want any engine lights or un able to pass emissions. Thanks!
I removed mine on my 2006 Evo IX MR, and my 1992 Miata and was thinking of doing it to the O.S. but have not yet. when I did the Miata I just left the sensor plugged in and it showed it working even though it was gone. The forms said to do it that way and did not through any codes, MDR did my EGR delete and canister removal so I am not sure if Mike had to check a few boxes off in the computer to get it to NOT through a code. Let me know if you find anything, I am wanting to do this as well for longevity of my motor.
Old May 22, 2018, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Sounds good. I will keep you updated. I may try and follow that writeup I linked above even though the pics do not work