Notices

Gatsby's 2014 O.Sport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gatsby's 2014 O.Sport

Bought my O.Sport in January of '14, figured I would finally start a thread for stuff I'm wanting to do and have done

2014 Laguna Blue Outlander Sport ES FWD

Picking it up at the dealership when it came in (they had to swap with another dealership for the Laguna Blue, so I had a black O.Sport for almost three weeks):

No foglights really bothered me, those blanks just weren't very appealing to me. So, solved that issue with getting some LED fogs that had a blue LED halo around them.

Pulled out the original radio, and replaced it with the factory touchscreen so I could wire up a backup camera. Also wrapped the radio surround with carbon 3M vinyl.

Installed mudflaps that have the Mitsu logo on them, although I can't manage to find a decent picture of them at the moment, and it's just too dirty to go take some.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

The carbon fiber vinyl isn't holding up as well as I would've hoped. It's starting to bubble around the edges and the vents.

I suppose I probably didn't get it clean enough before install or something, so I'm looking to pull the black carbon fiber off and redo it. I'd like to redo the radio surround, and also do the circle around the gear shifter to match as well. Just having a tough time on picking out the new vinyl... here are my two options:

Which do you guys think would look better?

Also, for those of you with FWD models... what do you do with the space where the AWC selector would go? I toss change in there for now, but it really drives me crazy, you can just tell something else should be there.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Gatsby
The carbon fiber vinyl isn't holding up as well as I would've hoped. It's starting to bubble around the edges and the vents.

I suppose I probably didn't get it clean enough before install or something, so I'm looking to pull the black carbon fiber off and redo it. I'd like to redo the radio surround, and also do the circle around the gear shifter to match as well. Just having a tough time on picking out the new vinyl... here are my two options:

Which do you guys think would look better?

Also, for those of you with FWD models... what do you do with the space where the AWC selector would go? I toss change in there for now, but it really drives me crazy, you can just tell something else should be there.

- You can prevent the peel-back/bubling with some 3M vinyl primer. They come in a onetime use pen-stick.

I think the blue-purple is unique/complimentary to your vehicle's color. (It's different from all the standard matte blacks & gloss.)

For that hole you can throw one of these in it's place >
Old Jun 25, 2015, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Radiation button! Love it! But shouldn't there be two of them 8 feet apart?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Radiation button! Love it! But shouldn't there be two of them 8 feet apart?

Sir, that is correct.
The other button is located on the rear hatch!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

I was almost thinking of trying to get crafty and trying to fill that space in, but I'm really not all that crafty haha.

There's a $20 air freshener that's made to fit in that that I was considering, but still just not sure: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...367764946.html Although, the one with the Mitsu logo looks pretty snazzy, just hoping it isn't one of those gel-type things that disfigure and such the longer they're in use.

Really should of just bought the AWC model, haha.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gatsby
I was almost thinking of trying to get crafty and trying to fill that space in, but I'm really not all that crafty haha.

There's a $20 air freshener that's made to fit in that that I was considering, but still just not sure: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...367764946.html Although, the one with the Mitsu logo looks pretty snazzy, just hoping it isn't one of those gel-type things that disfigure and such the longer they're in use.

Really should of just bought the AWC model, haha.

What the hell...?
Is that some kind of bezel knob.

You should've gotten the AWD.
At least you know what to get when you trade-in.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I did a search and only found 3, AWC in Houston... 1 used 2011, and 2 new 2.4L - one ES and one GT.

If i would have known, i would have gotten the GT AWC..

anyways, love the laguna blue!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
What the hell...?
Is that some kind of bezel knob.

You should've gotten the AWD.
At least you know what to get when you trade-in.
Yea, wasn't really thinking about it though, considering I came from a RWD convertible BMW. Never realized how much I want leather either, until I bought this and downgraded to cloth... haha. If this sucker gets traded in, it'll probably be for a fully loaded one, won't be for some time though, I'm very curious to see what the official redesign of the O.Sport will look like first. And I do have nice low payments at the moment which is nice.

Originally Posted by jono119
I did a search and only found 3, AWC in Houston... 1 used 2011, and 2 new 2.4L - one ES and one GT.

If i would have known, i would have gotten the GT AWC..

anyways, love the laguna blue!
Thanks! Me too, it just needs a good cleaning but it keeps raining and I don't have a garage so it's sort of pointless at the moment. Needs to look like a glass finish again though, get a lot more compliments on the color when it does
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i also own a fwd, the only reason for that is i wanted the stick, if they only built the awd with a stick it would be perfect!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2015os
i also own a fwd, the only reason for that is i wanted the stick, if they only built the awd with a stick it would be perfect!
+1 Subaru has it.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea subaru has it but at what cost? Everyone i know that has one that has kept them a while have issues and with there warranty its always out of pocket, no thanks ill stick with mits and there awesome warranty.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Yea subaru has it but at what cost? Everyone i know that has one that has kept them a while have issues and with there warranty its always out of pocket, no thanks ill stick with mits and there awesome warranty.
i came from 4 previous Subarus, and when the last one's engine died at 71k, i had enough.

i wish there would be a new Evo, but the WRX may be my next car. im not playing guinea pig with their new engine, so a 2017 model would be the one im looking at.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Weird. Except for the turbo models they seem to be the Energizer Bunny up here. Saw one at the oil change place - 850,000 kms! (half million miles). 2005 Forester.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by CottageLifer
Weird. Except for the turbo models they seem to be the Energizer Bunny up here. Saw one at the oil change place - 850,000 kms! (half million miles). 2005 Forester.
but how many times have the headgaskets been replaced?

Quick Reply: Gatsby's 2014 O.Sport