Notices

Base Radio Bluetooth not showing up when pressing the AUX Button

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Base Radio Bluetooth not showing up when pressing the AUX Button

Hello there!

I'm facing a weird issue with the bluetooth music audio function on my Base Radio (Non Navigation and not the Rockford Fosgate unit)

I am unable to access the Bluetooth Function to play music when pressing the AUX button. No music plays whatsoever.

I am able to pair my android phone to the unit, I am still able to make phone calls and dial my contacts, and my phone pairs with the unit and plays music, however since I am unable to select the Bluetooth option on the radio, I cannot hear anything.
If I press the dial button on my car, it shows the signal and the other phone info on the status screen on the radio. If I get a call, like usual I can speak through the cars mic and hear people over the speaker. I just cant play music.

When I press the Aux/CD button, it only cycles between the Aux input and the CD. No mention of the Bluetooth audio anymore.

Things I tried:
-Deleting the phone from the list and repairing it using voice activation.
- Going to the Bluetooth settings menu and ensuring that "Media Audio" is checked for the 'Hands free radio'
- Using another phone (same result)

The phone itself is an Xperia XA2 Ultra, and it works perfectly with other Bluetooth audio headsets and cars.
I guess it all started after I started listening to audio CD's with the unit however I dont think that can be the cause of this Bluetooth issues.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What model year is your Outlander Sport? Sometimes, by pressing the MP3/Aux button for 3 seconds the BT audio will kick in. However, not all model years have the bluetooth audio capability in all trim levels
Old Aug 20, 2018, 05:36 PM

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to mention the year of my car.
its a 2011. I've been usually holding down the button but that doesn't work.

Its crazy honestly, because it used to work perfectly two weeks ago.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 02:22 PM

So weird thing happened today, as I was idly pressing the AUX button since I was sitting at a red light, the Bluetooth Audio function popped up again.
This is so weird. I wasn't able to repair it to my phone due to the fact that I was driving, but I will check to see if I can play music as soon as I get out of work tonight.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:16 PM

So it works now, just it often disconnects and automatically reconnects randomly. Pretty annoying, but hey whatever
Old Oct 18, 2019, 07:01 PM

One year on the radio hasn't given me any issues, that was weird.