Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Facelift for 2020

Still no new model.
Front: inflated Eclipse Cross
Rear: new LED lamps
Interior: barely any change (infotainment?)
See some images and text in the links below.
Australian Announcement
German Announcement

Last edited by AWCAWD; Feb 12, 2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Thank you AWCAWD for the update!
I haven't kept up with the Mitsubishi new News for awhile now..

The Vice President of Design sure did say a lot though, didn't he? A punch of adjectives for the "look" of the new ASX/RVR. But, did y'all notice the vehicle never moved. They didn't even bother to try to show any kind of performance out of the CUV!?

This is just SAD!
Slapping "makeup" on the skin and changing up the front & rear-end doesn't really add any true excitement to this old chassis IMO, especially without adding any Real improvement in performance/Power or capabilities. (ie: a 2.0L Turbo 4-Banger or even just a traditional Transmission?)
What can I say? I'm just old fashioned.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mRVRsport

The Vice President of Design sure did say a lot though, didn't he? A punch of adjectives for the "look" of the new ASX/RVR. But, did y'all notice the vehicle never moved. They didn't even bother to try to show any kind of performance out of the CUV!?

This is just SAD!
Slapping "makeup" on the skin and changing up the front & rear-end doesn't really add any true excitement to this old chassis IMO, especially without adding any Real improvement in performance/Power or capabilities. (ie: a 2.0L Turbo 4-Banger or even just a traditional Transmission?)

i dont know about sad, I think they’re keeping to what it is... i have the 2.0 and find it adequate for my daily travels though I’d have rather had the 2.4 but that wasn’t available in 2018 with the hid headlights unless I bought the top trim level and I’m just not that interested in a bunch of options I won’t use so I bought an LE
the 2.0 is adequate and the 2.4 is all the power this Ute needs, both have been reliable engines, I’d rather have a standard auto over the cvt but the cvt isn’t a deal killer for me plus they do better in mpg and to meet epa mandates in economy you see more and more of them in all makes so let’s hope they make them more reliable

adding all the nanny state options on cars today ain’t all that, my wife’s car is a VW golf sportwagen sel, so it has lane assist, adaptive cruise and can even park itself, I find most of it annoying, blind spot monitoring... doesn’t anybody know how to properly set the side mirrors? Makes that a useless option

im good with the changes they made and I like them keeping the sport what it is, and at a reasonable price for what you get on an old chassis that performs well, why change it? The nanny state options are available if you want them and if more power is what you want get an outlander v6 and that comes with the price you’ll pay for more power, I’ll keep the sport... a competent reliable Ute with just the options I want at a good price
Old Feb 15, 2019, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotrodbug
I’d rather have a standard auto over the cvt but the cvt isn’t a deal killer for me
maybe not - the standard auto in the Outlander GT is supposedly very sluggish and unreliable.

the CVT in our OS GT is actually pretty snappy and decent - unlike the rubber-bandy feeling CVT's in the Subarus i test drove.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Landshark
maybe not - the standard auto in the Outlander GT is supposedly very sluggish and unreliable.

the CVT in our OS GT is actually pretty snappy and decent - unlike the rubber-bandy feeling CVT's in the Subarus i test drove.

This is the 1st cvt Trans I’ve had or driven, I’ve always had manual transmission cars but a bad hip and getting older has put a stop to that... I think the OS if fine just the way it is
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotrodbug
This is the 1st cvt Trans I’ve had or driven, I’ve always had manual transmission cars but a bad hip and getting older has put a stop to that... I think the OS if fine just the way it is
same, other than the Forester and WRX CVT's i test drove - they were just weird. no complaints with the OS transmission.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone have the part # for the rear lamps yet? any confirmations on fit for older models yet?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by SicLanEvo
anyone have the part # for the rear lamps yet? any confirmations on fit for older models yet?
I am sure it will be compatible with models all the way back to 2011. The tailgate and the rear fenders have not changed since the debut of the model and it looks like they won't in 2020 either.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AWCAWD
I am sure it will be compatible with models all the way back to 2011. The tailgate and the rear fenders have not changed since the debut of the model and it looks like they won't in 2020 either.
If they will fit the 17's I'm totally going to but some of the headlamps. They look sick
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mRVRsport

This is just SAD!
Well, my 2019 5 speed manual is a hoot to drive. Absolutely love it.