EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Outlander Sport (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/outlander-sport-335/)
-   -   Remote programming (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/outlander-sport/752675-remote-programming.html)

SoCalSHO Jan 13, 2019 06:44 PM

Remote programming

The car I bought, 2013 Outlander Sport only had 1 key and fob. I found another key and fob online, but was wondering if there were any way to program the new remote, without going to the dealer.

SoCalSHO Jan 22, 2019 04:28 PM

Nevermind, I found an online manual, and it describes how to do it. Seems easy.

ceav88 Jun 15, 2019 08:15 PM

Hi, can you provide the link of both?

Mel Grubb Jul 24, 2019 06:11 PM

Where can I find this?

I would also like to know how to pair additional remotes. I'm about to pay hundreds to get a second remote. I'd like to avoid this in the future by making a third myself. Please, if anyone knows how to do this, let me know?

inuvik Jul 24, 2019 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mel Grubb (Post 11880913)
I would also like to know how to pair additional remotes. I'm about to pay hundreds to get a second remote. I'd like to avoid this in the future by making a third myself. Please, if anyone knows how to do this, let me know?

It depends on the type of key you have. If you have the traditional ignition key type with the transponder you can duplicate keys following the directions in the owners manual provided you have both OEM keys. If you have the keyless F.A.S.T. system that requires a trip to the dealer.

JuanOT Jul 27, 2019 10:17 AM

Only one ignition key

Originally Posted by inuvik (Post 11880923)
It depends on the type of key you have. If you have the traditional ignition key type with the transponder you can duplicate keys following the directions in the owners manual provided you have both OEM keys. If you have the keyless F.A.S.T. system that requires a trip to the dealer.

If I only have an ignition key, can I still be able to make a duplicate? Mines a 2015.

inuvik Jul 29, 2019 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by JuanOT (Post 11881124)
If I only have an ignition key, can I still be able to make a duplicate? Mines a 2015.

Not according to the owners manual. A dealer can duplicate one but in order for the owner to do it you need both.

From the owners manual:

To add a key, you must already have 2 registered keys. You need to register the ID code to the vehicle. Registering the ID code can be done by yourself
(except for vehicles sold in Canada), or by your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer. For you to register the ID code yourself, follow the “Customer key programming” procedure

JuanOT Jul 30, 2019 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by inuvik (Post 11881297)
Not according to the owners manual. A dealer can duplicate one but in order for the owner to do it you need both.

From the owners manual:

To add a key, you must already have 2 registered keys. You need to register the ID code to the vehicle. Registering the ID code can be done by yourself
(except for vehicles sold in Canada), or by your authorized Mitsubishi Motors dealer. For you to register the ID code yourself, follow the “Customer key programming” procedure

Oh well, thanks for your reply and time, Inuvik.