Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

**New Date** EnglishRacing North End Dyno Day 1/25/13

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
On behalf of EnglishRacing, I want to thank everyone that showed up to get tuned, hang out, and see what was going on. Thanks to Drift Office for hosting the event as always and look forward to possibly getting one organised in summer this year if there is enough interest.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know its early but do you guys have a twinkle in your eye yet about when this winter's might occur?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by fjm9898
I know its early but do you guys have a twinkle in your eye yet about when this winter's might occur?
Halloween is not for 10 more days. Its too early to be raising old threads from the dead.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they have the event in December (which they have done...remember that ~16 degree dyno day, where every car was a dyno queen! ) then this may not be too early, especially given the holidays we all have to plan around. Honestly, if you were able to get enough paying people to get on a list, it would just be a matter of scheduling with the boys and DO.

The key is paying customers. ER has had to deal with "dropouts" too often, so people should expect to pay some sort of non-refundable deposit so the boys aren't left holding their own.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yahu,

Even still, we get a full day of dyno runs in. I dont think there was to much cause for concern about getting enough cars on the rollers for a day. If it was a 2 day event, then i say lock people in as it might be more difficult to fill up two days worth.

I am working hard to have my car back together by the end of the holidays. She needs a tune bad after i get a few of these mods installed.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Sometime after November 7th and hopefully before Thanksgiving.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

^cool to hear...too bad my ride is TU atm (check with Myles as he is the one I've been in contact with, if interested).

@ fjm - you can think there is no cause for concern but the bottom line is that the ER crew has to drive far for these events and plan to work their asses off all day, dealing with a bunch of unexpected issues for people that didn't setup correctly, or issues that occur. They do this to ensure everyone is about as happy as they can possibly hope to make them. We have seen dyno days where very few people showed up and it is completely unfair to ER.

I believe ER follows a deposit-type setup these days, and I encourage them to do so. If you give good enough warning (cause stuff does happen) then you're usually fine. If you don't show up on the day, or give lousy warning, that's all on you. Regardless of what I'm saying, they'll have a post with all the info.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
@ fjm - you can think there is no cause for concern but the bottom line is that the ER crew has to drive far for these events and plan to work their asses off all day, dealing with a bunch of unexpected issues for people that didn't setup correctly, or issues that occur. They do this to ensure everyone is about as happy as they can possibly hope to make them. We have seen dyno days where very few people showed up and it is completely unfair to ER.
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. My car is always 100% sorted out when it gets on the dyno. It's once those guys touch it that things start going wrong!!!

So it's a drama queen of a car, don't hate on me for that! It's only threatened to blow up on the dyno, but never followed through.