EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pacific-northwest-346/)
-   -   Local Appraiser? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pacific-northwest/724017-local-appraiser.html)

OrangeMax Jan 20, 2016 11:22 AM

Local Appraiser?

Greetings,

I'm looking for an appraiser in the Seattle Area that knows Evo's and can give an honest appraisal of the value of my car. Any leads are great!

Thanks!

MAX:mitsu:

llDemonll Jan 20, 2016 02:28 PM

Surf the specs or currently for sale cars (or post them here) and I'm sure many people can give you a good enough ballpark for what it will actually sell for

OrangeMax Jan 21, 2016 06:45 AM

Pro Needed

Yes, I've gone through what good quality Evo's are priced at here on this list as well as Craig's List. I've documented all of that information. BUT I need a Pro Car Appraiser to take my case to the insurance company. The insurance company has a list with all the mods I've done to my Evo as well as the list of comparable Evo's up and down the West Coast. See, the insurance company is thinking of killing my car and I want the car fixed. So the weight of an experienced appraiser my be necessary to achieve my goal of keeping and having my car repaired.

Sadly all of the appraisers we have talked to know nothing about or have no passion for cars, all they want to know is what I want to get out of the car for a cash value. They are clueless when I tell them I want my car repaired.

No selling my car to the insurance company and then buying it back with a branded title is not an option. That would lose me 30-50% of value. As well as limiting the type and extent of insurance coverage that would be available and the price for that insurance.

So, now does anyone know a good appraiser I can talk to?

MAX

llDemonll Jan 21, 2016 07:33 AM

Ah, thought it was for selling. Best of luck fighting the insurance company on that one, don't expect them to cave quickly and pay out what you think the car is worth. Mods won't add much and I'm not sure how those will pay out unless you have some weird policy on the insurance that also covers a certain % of the value of mods on the car

jedibow Jun 6, 2016 07:56 PM

it is called a declared value policy, check into it if you have a highly modified car ;)

nemsin Jun 16, 2016 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by OrangeMax (Post 11565861)
See, the insurance company is thinking of killing my car and I want the car fixed.

Reconsider letting them total the car and then buy it back from them. Then you can decide whether to fix it or part it out. The car is going to end up with a branded title either way.

OrangeMax Jun 17, 2016 08:15 AM

Well Not Really So..........................

This has become a very interesting and emotional story for me. If I get a chance and the moderators allow me to I'll post a story of the experience. Yes, that was one option to sell the car to the insurance company and buy it back. I was also offered, by the insurance company a total amount to fix the car, and retain the title to the vehicle so it would not be branded by the accident.

MAX:mitsu::beer:

JDZNate Jun 25, 2016 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by OrangeMax (Post 11629472)
This has become a very interesting and emotional story for me. If I get a chance and the moderators allow me to I'll post a story of the experience. Yes, that was one option to sell the car to the insurance company and buy it back. I was also offered, by the insurance company a total amount to fix the car, and retain the title to the vehicle so it would not be branded by the accident.

MAX:mitsu::beer:

I'll allow it. :lol: