Notices
Paint and Detailing Discuss topics related to car paint (interior or exterior) and detailing (techniques, products, etc.).

Ask Detailer's Domain

 
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:30 PM
  #16  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inco9nito99 View Post
What do you use to get rid of scuff marks on the Evo interior? Since there is a lot of grey plastic material on the glove box/kick panels/etc, scratches are easily shown and I was wondering if there is something that fixes the discoloration and/or prevents future scratching, without looking too shiny. Right now 303 Aerospace seems the best, but does this prevent future issues?
sss

einszett Plastic + Vinyl Cleaner 'Plastik-Reiniger' would work great cleaning all the scuffs.
einszett Plastic + Vinyl Cleaner 'Plastik-Reiniger'
I would follow it up with einszett cockpit
einszett Cockpit

Nothing that I know of that will prevent the scuffs.

Both the above products will give you a matte finish look.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:38 PM
  #17  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (310)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago NW Suburbs
Posts: 4,286
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inco9nito99 View Post
What do you use to get rid of scuff marks on the Evo interior? Since there is a lot of grey plastic material on the glove box/kick panels/etc, scratches are easily shown and I was wondering if there is something that fixes the discoloration and/or prevents future scratching, without looking too shiny. Right now 303 Aerospace seems the best, but does this prevent future issues?
I already told you, you can't protect from scuffs....it's essentially scratches foo!
Mitchubishievo is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2008, 03:22 PM
  #18  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Fuel4Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 416
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain.com View Post
Do you have a PC? If so you can the pc and some polish to polish them out.
Whats a PC? What kind of polish just any old polish for cars.
Fuel4Blood is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
  #19  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ersdomain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3"]Porter Cable[/URL]

Backing Plate

Pads

Polishes

Scroll down to the Porter Cable videos

Let me know if this helps.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2008, 05:30 AM
  #20  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Jasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NO
Posts: 2,327
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your work looks good!!!....I gave up on the meticulous looking car addiction about 6-8 months ago. TB EVO, wash, clay, wash, PC w/ SSR2 (the first time) or Menzerna, RMG or Optimum, and Clearkote VM or Pinnacle would look great!!! For a day or two then dust, pollen, or dirt would get on the car from just sitting in the garage. So, I would run and get the QD with MF towels to wipe it off. No matter what I did within a week it just wasn't the same. Back to the wash, RMG, CK or other for 3-4 hours all to have it look like crap in another week.

I would love to detail part time, but on a DD or even a weekend warrior it's just too hard to keep dark colors looking that good. We're not even talking about the inevitable rock chips!! I still do it a little, but now its a quick wash two buckets/two mits of course, rmg by hand, and CK or Pinnacle by hand takes about 1.5 hrs. It's not perfect, but is deep/wet enough, with the ever growing collection of rock chips it will never be perfect anyway.

Not too mention Mitsu's ultra soft clear that scratches 99% of the time , but I do have one question. What your take on true fillers mainly the Zaino type that don't correct the scratches, but just fill them, I'm a skeptic what's your opinion? Some people swear by the stuff....I went to a Corvette meet and there was a Navy blue vette that looked unreal for not being wet sanded, there was orange peel, but the depth and shine were great. He doesn't even use a PC or rotary it's all by hand and all Zaino. He said he has scratches, but the Zaino just makes them disappear.

Last edited by Jasil; Jan 6, 2008 at 05:39 AM.
Jasil is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2008, 07:14 AM
  #21  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil View Post
Your work looks good!!!....I gave up on the meticulous looking car addiction about 6-8 months ago. TB EVO, wash, clay, wash, PC w/ SSR2 (the first time) or Menzerna, RMG or Optimum, and Clearkote VM or Pinnacle would look great!!! For a day or two then dust, pollen, or dirt would get on the car from just sitting in the garage. So, I would run and get the QD with MF towels to wipe it off. No matter what I did within a week it just wasn't the same. Back to the wash, RMG, CK or other for 3-4 hours all to have it look like crap in another week.

I would love to detail part time, but on a DD or even a weekend warrior it's just too hard to keep dark colors looking that good. We're not even talking about the inevitable rock chips!! I still do it a little, but now its a quick wash two buckets/two mits of course, rmg by hand, and CK or Pinnacle by hand takes about 1.5 hrs. It's not perfect, but is deep/wet enough, with the ever growing collection of rock chips it will never be perfect anyway.

Not too mention Mitsu's ultra soft clear that scratches 99% of the time , but I do have one question. What your take on true fillers mainly the Zaino type that don't correct the scratches, but just fill them, I'm a skeptic what's your opinion? Some people swear by the stuff....I went to a Corvette meet and there was a Navy blue vette that looked unreal for not being wet sanded, there was orange peel, but the depth and shine were great. He doesn't even use a PC or rotary it's all by hand and all Zaino. He said he has scratches, but the Zaino just makes them disappear.
I know what you mean about the dark colored cars, I had 3 black cars in my driveway at one point, that didn't last long

I now have 3 silver ones...

Zaino is a great product line...I was using the product line in 1999-2000 on my personal cars. I can't deal with fillers and that it would not be true paint correction. If its a product that fills your needs then that's great but I don't really like the process and the steps etc to maximize the products full potential. I experienced the amazing gloss and wetness, but in certain angles you can see the swirls etc...so I ditched it and went the Menzerna route.

I believe though you can keep your car in great shape less the rock chips if you have a good wash routine and you up keep the car which it looks like you do.

I hope that helps.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 09:48 PM
  #22  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evovin View Post
some parts of my car paint faded after being parked under the sun for 4 months in the shop. What chemicals do you suggest to use?
I would try to polish the car out , if you have a PC or know how to use a polisher that would help a great deal you most likely have to polish out the clear to get rid of the dullness.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 09:59 PM
  #23  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (64)
 
evovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,377
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC as in Porter cable right? So polish it with what kind compound?(brand?)
evovin is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:02 PM
  #24  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes PC is the porter cable.

Menzerna IP and Micropolish
with a orange pad and white pad.

Here is a link to some videos scroll down a bit for the PC ones:
PC Videos
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
  #25  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (64)
 
evovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,377
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks!

Last edited by evovin; Jan 7, 2008 at 10:18 PM.
evovin is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
  #26  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sure thing.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:53 PM
  #27  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (18)
 
bboy_RES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 679
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i bought my car there were a few deep scratches that had to be repainted. after the dealer repainted the scratches i noticed that the repainted parts of the car seem dull and not as glossy as the original paint. what can i do to make these parts glossy again?
bboy_RES is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:00 AM
  #28  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboy_RES View Post
when i bought my car there were a few deep scratches that had to be repainted. after the dealer repainted the scratches i noticed that the repainted parts of the car seem dull and not as glossy as the original paint. what can i do to make these parts glossy again?
You can polish out the car with a Porter Cable, that would probably be the best possible action. Or you can bring it to a professional detailer that will do paint correction. You pretty much have to clean up the paint by polishing it and then put a nice wax or sealant on it.
phil@detailersdomain is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2008, 11:27 PM
  #29  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (51)
 
evo150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 1,981
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for my rally red evo i plan on using the current products. i just need to know the speed you recommend for my ultimate detail machine.

wash
clay
pb ssr2.5 with ccs orange pad
pb ssr1 with ccs white pad
pb natty blue with ccs black pad
pb ex-p sealant with ccs black pad

should i apply the wax and sealant by hand or with the udm?????

Last edited by evo150; Jan 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM.
evo150 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
  #30  
Former Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ USA
Posts: 918
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone here is our current GB:

P21S GB
phil@detailersdomain is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.