Notices
Paint and Detailing Discuss topics related to car paint (interior or exterior) and detailing (techniques, products, etc.).

Previous owner got happy with a touch up pen

Old Oct 14, 2015, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Previous owner got happy with a touch up pen

Hey guys,

quick question about paint touch ups and body work

The previous owner got what appears to be door dinged and tried to fix the paint himself with I assume one of those paint touch up pens because I found one in the glove box.

Is there an easy way to maybe buff it down and clean it up a bit myself or would it be best to just take it in? Also there's a small ding, does anyone have any experience with the little suction kits or paintless dent repair kits floating around to fix something like this?

thanks,
Old Oct 18, 2015, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best would be to wet sand then polish it out. but if you have never done it, you probably don't want to try...

as for the dent, depending on the size, most of the time the suction kit won't work. best to find a local dent repair guy. if you get a group of guys together and do a 'dent day', it could reduce the cost significantly.

Leo