Notices
Paint and Detailing Discuss topics related to car paint (interior or exterior) and detailing (techniques, products, etc.).

Detailing process black Evo 8

Old May 27, 2016, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detailing process black Evo 8

Hey guys I have always tried to keep up with giving my car a nice wash but always spent time, attention, and money on parts rather than detailing. Now my paint has become such an eyesore that I'm ready to try to detail. My paint is pretty scratched, swirled and contaminated.

I'm planning on using all chemical guys products since I have a few already from years back but was wondering if anyone with more experience has any input

The process I want to do is wash--> clay (medium)--> wash again--> polish with VSS (orange hex pad)--> wet mirror finish(by hand)--> jet sealant(hand or machine?) --> butter wet wax(by hand)

How does this sound? And is it effiecient to do most of these by hand? Thanks for your input
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:13 AM

how did this work out for you? Looking to try this method in the next few days
Old Jun 21, 2016, 08:27 PM

Honestly I ordered everything but I've just been super busy and haven't tried it out yet. Sorry I can't give much info but I'll def let you know once I do it I'm just not really in too big of a rush