Notices
Paint and Detailing Discuss topics related to car paint (interior or exterior) and detailing (techniques, products, etc.).

Unknown service light show

Old Feb 28, 2018, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unknown service light show

have a 2015 evo final edition (0069). I bought it with 1400 miles and now have 22,000 with no problems so far except for one. Like the last 2,000 miles or so every now and then the abs service,4wd service,etc will all come on together and then my traction off light comes on. Turn the car off and it goes away. I took it in for maintaince and to have it looked at the dealer and was told it wasn't a big deal, it was just a over rev code. I don't ever even rev it over 4,000 when shifting though or drive hard, does that sound right? He did also say my tires need replaced though ( said they just good for around 20,000 miles) Does anyone know what is causing this? I also use royal purple and Lucus oil stabilizer, would that effect anything? Would the worn down tires be starting to confuse the computer or something?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 116 Likes on 107 Posts
Do you rotate tires - some worn down more that others?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't rotate this set

Thank you so much h for your response. I didn't rotate this set. Funny enough it hasn't done it for a while now. Now they are worn down to threads starting to show. Lol. Which brings me to something else. Guy at the dealership said he can put all weather tires on it for $600 or $800 for the factory tires that came on it ( sport tires). I really like the tires on it and it even I thought it did alright this past winter with them, it wasn't like we got any crazy snow in KY anyway. What do you guys think? I just figure all weather tires are not going to look right or perform like the performance tire. What tire works and looks good on the evo final edition.