Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

TPMS - the ultimate FAQ

Old Aug 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eiriksmil
Quick questions, do all '08s have this TPMS, and does it beep? If it just flashes it's okay. If I buy one I'm NOT keeping stock wheels, and I like changing wheels often
All 08+ Lancer has TPMS.

I don't think it will beep but it will show a service sign on your dashboard.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 12:06 PM

That means if you live with it, you won't get messages of real problems I guess..
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I just got an additional piece information that might be useful.

I been confirmed from Bill (aka Spins4 on this forum) who works at a Mitsubishi Parts Department that the 08 and 09 TPMS sensor is identical.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beyonddc
I just got an additional piece information that might be useful.

I been confirmed from Bill (aka Spins4 on this forum) who works at a Mitsubishi Parts Department that the 08 and 09 TPMS sensor is identical.
To take that one step further...

The 08+ Lancers, Evo X, and 07+ Outlanders actually all share the same part number.

Case anyone wants it : 4250A225
Old Oct 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can Mitsu calibrate or match any type of TPMS to our cars? by type I mean from the variety of manufactureres, is Mitsu able to work with any/all of them equally?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Wow the MUT 3 tool is 4,000.00 bucks on E-bay. Is there any other way to have the sensors initilized or re set? I got new rims, tires, and TPMS on my car and now the light is on and it gets anoying. I called the dealership and they want $79.00 dollars to program the ECU to learn the new sensors.

what are other dealership charging? Is there any other place to get this done?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

bump!
Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Go to Tire Rack Installer's website and search for local tires installer near your home.

If they offer TPMS services then they should be able to do it for you.

OR

Go to your local Walmart that does tire services and ask them to do it for you.

Now... I wouldn't recommend you to have Walmart folks to mount and balance tires for you because you get what you pay for but for TPMS re-calibration, I think it should be okay.

Last edited by beyonddc; Nov 2, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the tip! No installers on tire rack with my zip. Also no walmart!

Do me a favor and call the dealer and ask how much. No problem if you don't, It looks like I will be stuck and have to fork over $79 to the dealership.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deepseadiver
Thanks for the tip! No installers on tire rack with my zip. Also no walmart!

Do me a favor and call the dealer and ask how much. No problem if you don't, It looks like I will be stuck and have to fork over $79 to the dealership.
$79 sounds right to me from the dealer. I happened to be at a dealership on Saturday and asked about it when I was doing my oil change because I'll be switching to my Winter setup soon. They quoted me $90.00 for TPMS re-calibration

But that dealership just started selling Mitsubishi 2 months ago so obviously they don't know what they're talking about.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beyonddc
$79 sounds right to me from the dealer. I happened to be at a dealership on Saturday and asked about it when I was doing my oil change because I'll be switching to my Winter setup soon. They quoted me $90.00 for TPMS re-calibration

But that dealership just started selling Mitsubishi 2 months ago so obviously they don't know what they're talking about.
Wow! I just got my TPMS recalibrated today. I called them about it and they quoted me at $21.95. I took it in, got my "routine maintenance" and got the TPMS re-cald., talked to the service rep for about 20 mins about cars, weather etc. and he gave me an invoice for $0! So I got in and 20 mins later I left without a TPMS warning! Sweet! Thanks Art!
Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YeOldeLancer
Wow! I just got my TPMS recalibrated today. I called them about it and they quoted me at $21.95. I took it in, got my "routine maintenance" and got the TPMS re-cald., talked to the service rep for about 20 mins about cars, weather etc. and he gave me an invoice for $0! So I got in and 20 mins later I left without a TPMS warning! Sweet! Thanks Art!
Good deal! That's what dealership should be doing. They've a tool to re-sync TPMS sensors and it should take no longer than 5 minutes. Charging anything more than $60 sounds ridiculous to me to begin with but what can you do about it? Nothing! Because you don't have the right tool to do it by yourself.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

WOW again WOW , charging for something that recalibrate ITSELF is just ridiculus . If you keep the same set of tpms and switch then over to your winter tires they will recalibrate by there own trust me . If you have a SECOND set just for winter like I DO then take it to the dealer it takes 5 mins to do .
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

The issue is when you have two sets of TPMS. the car will only recognize one set at a time and dealerships can charge as much as they want since they're the only ones that can do it. I called around to Meineke and Car-X and other places like that and they all said that it was "dealer only"
Old Nov 8, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YeOldeLancer
The issue is when you have two sets of TPMS. the car will only recognize one set at a time and dealerships can charge as much as they want since they're the only ones that can do it. I called around to Meineke and Car-X and other places like that and they all said that it was "dealer only"
Bingo! There is only one Mitsubishi dealer in GUAM and I have to pay 79.99

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPMS - the ultimate FAQ