EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart Tires/Wheels/Brakes/Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-95/)
-   -   Aggressive Wheels on 2004-2006 Lancer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/541247-aggressive-wheels-2004-2006-lancer.html)

GearDownSon Feb 24, 2011 08:09 AM

18X7.5 doesnt rub +42

deathsythe99 Feb 25, 2011 11:47 PM

if i get the tien s tech's im wondering if im going to rub i have stock wheels

ralliart610 Feb 26, 2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99 (Post 9110118)
if i get the tien s tech's im wondering if im going to rub i have stock wheels

Not with stock wheels and tires. 205/55/16 will rub the plastic liner at lock but not stock tire size.

Flip Feb 26, 2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by stephRA (Post 9103004)
Sorry to be a little off topic but I had to mention it...Why do Rota grid or p45 wheels, which are so sick by the way, have incredibly low offset for the 9 inches and higher wheels but under that size there is nothing lower than 45?
Do you have suggestions of wheels with the similar look but with lower offsets (ex XXR 552)

i called and asked this, its pretty much what K3lv said, supply and demand, guy said people normally dont ask for a lower offset with the 17inch wheels, so they just stayed with the 19's for the low low offsets
-FLip

stephRA Feb 26, 2011 05:17 PM

Ok ... now we're fixed!

Thanks for the research really appriciated.

By the way, I called my part dealer about the wheels I want and he found some but in 17x8 +30...do you think it will look great with 205/40/17 and will I only have to roll my fenders?

k3lv Feb 26, 2011 05:50 PM

^ you're likely to have a little bit of rubbing when your steering is turned 100%.
Look will be flush on stock fenders. Rolling the back lip will be necessary

stephRA Feb 27, 2011 12:10 AM

Ok thanks it is quite not as bad as I expected! For the rubbing when turning at 100% lock, to you hing it is possible to reshape the plastic with a heat gun to avoid the rubbing? If it is not I'm gonna live with the slight rubbing !

k3lv Feb 27, 2011 05:22 PM

I suppose it is possible to push in the plstic with a heat gun, the fender liner is pretty thin itself.

k3lv Mar 31, 2011 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jay_T
Hey kelv. First off i think your setup for your works is amazing. I believe you wanted to put evo 9 bbs forged wheels on before, correct me if i'm wrong. Just wondering why that wouldn't work. They are 17 x 8 +38. if anything a little fender roll and maybe few mm spacer?

Another PM. I think jay you must have searched and it came up with some old posts. The evo wheels will fit but the tire will not. I would not suggest using a spacer(why would you? It'll push it out even further, and it's not like our small stock brakes are any issue in clearance, its the fender itself.) Try looking at a 205 or 215/40/17 tire and the Evo wheels should fit nicely

Jay_T Mar 31, 2011 06:53 PM

Ok appreciate the help. Im probably going with something else. 17 x 8 +35 . hopefully that works out without a spacer.

k3lv Mar 31, 2011 07:26 PM

I think you misunderstood me. Or maybe you misnderstand what the need of a spacer is for?

To explain as simple as possible, you wouldnt want to use a spacer if you don't have to. Reason being is that some enthusiasts tend to say they cause the studs more stress. I also suggest against going any further than a +38 offset on a 17x8 wheel. From the pictures I've seen of a 04-06 body with Evo bbs wheels, it will be flush against the stock fender already. Going with a +35 will make it stick out by another 3mm, which doesn't as much, but could be the difference between rubbing and not.

You wouldn't have needed a spacer regardless of a +35 or a +38 wheel on our Lancer bodies.

Hope that somewhat helps you understand. Cheers

stephRA Apr 2, 2011 08:06 PM

I know it is a little inappropriate for this thread but I need some informations before I make the final move {thumbup}!

http://www.wheeldude.com/gallery2/d/...ost_bronze.jpg
http://www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com/im...g_WeaponBR.jpg

I'm finally getting some Rota Boost or MB Weapons in bronze for my RA but i'm not sure which one I should take between (Those are for the Rotas 17x7.5 +45 and 17x8 +35 or even 17x8 +48) and (those are for the MBs 17x7 +43, 17x8 +42 extremely 17x8 28).

Rotas : What makes me hesitate is that for the first set I would probably need some 10mm spacers to get the look I want. For the second choice, the offset maybe to big to avoid rubbing issues and for the third set, the wheel will rub on the strut mounts so I would have to use 10mm spacers too. I'm hesitating because (as some people say) spacers are hard on wheel bearings and wheel studs too...

MBs: Both first and second choice should fit ok (confirmation her please :p) and the last one I Think i would have to roll and maybe pull fenders?

I need some help please! And let me know which wheels you prefer. Personnaly MBs have a little something that I like ut let me know!!!

Steph.

k3lv Apr 4, 2011 09:39 PM

Rotas:
17x7.5 +45 = Ok(maybe a 5mm spacer if you want to have it pushed out more)
17x8 +35 = Rolling needed
17x8 +48 = Too close to the inside(strut) will require spacer

MB:
17x7 +43 AND 17x8 +42(roll fender) fit
17x8 +28 will need fender work, most likely a mild pull

I prefer the style of the Rota Boost, especially because their design looks more concave. But I dislike Rota's. The MB Weapons will have edge of the wheels pop out before it meets the middle, which I dislike. It's hard to describe what the weapons will look like with those offset. The best way to find out how it actually looks(stores never take pics of every offset and width), its best you try to find that sizing for sale through searching in google, and hope that the person selling it has pictures for you to see what it actually looks like.

stephRA Apr 5, 2011 09:03 AM

That is a more than precise answer. Thanks k3lv I really appreciate it! The Mb 17x7 +43 would fit perfect without any modifications but I will have to make up my mind on the size I want. I'm pretty sure I will go with the Mb Weapons. Thanks again and I'll post some pictures in the next weeks!

k3lv Apr 5, 2011 06:21 PM

Cheers Steph