EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Automotosports - Illinois (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois-71/)
-   -   Ams 50 Trim Turbo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/automotosports-illinois/186048-ams-50-trim-turbo.html)

statix Feb 25, 2006 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
Ok guys the turbo is a 50 trim ball bearing with a .63 A/R exhuast housing and an E cover.

The kit retails for $4350 and if you would like the wastegate vented to the atmosphere it knocks $100 off the price of the kit (its easier to make that O2 Housing)

The turbo Spools very quickly as steve can attest to.

This is a fantastic Pump gas turbo. We liked it so much that we replaced the GT3071R turbo with this lower cost option.

Steve has an AMS flash 680 cc injectors, HKS 272 cams, AMS FMIC, AMS Upper IC piping with Greddy Type S bov, ARP headstuds, Walbro Fuel Pump, HKS DLI ignition, AMS water injection Kit, AMS VSR Intake Manifold.AMS Catback exhuast, Manual Boost Controller and an ACT Clutch kit if I remember correctly.

Im going off memory here but Im pretty sure I got most of the important pieces.

Eric

Doesnt TT sell there 50 trim kit for $3200.00?
Why the difference in $?

AutoMotoSports Feb 28, 2006 02:45 PM

here the dyno sheet.

this is a 50 trim BB turbo. not sure what TT is using

http://ams-evo8.com/pictures/steves500whp.jpg

evo8forme Feb 28, 2006 02:48 PM

what happened at 5600 rpm??? big knock??

AutoMotoSports Feb 28, 2006 02:54 PM

no, looks like it lost signal.

Eric

nitz Mar 1, 2006 11:08 AM

do you have a graph of psi vs rpm? and are there any other paid options to decrease spool like titanium components etc for the 50.

AutoMotoSports Mar 1, 2006 02:29 PM

no other options available. and I have no graph of PSI vs RPM

AutoMotoSports Mar 1, 2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by 600+hp
My AMS 3076R w/ straight Meth only put out 441/370 and that's w/ all the supporting mods. AEM, HKS 272/272, Buschur IC, HKS DLI, Profec 2 B, etc...
Everything is done at AMS.

as I said before not all cars are the same and your parts list is different then steves. the biggest I can see is the intake manifold. The AMS VSR manifold makes a big difference on big turbo EVO's

Eric

Type-VIII Mar 1, 2006 03:43 PM

What happened at 7000-8000 rpm did the turbo run out of steam?? Is 25psi the max you can run on stock 2.0 with meth??
Also what do you think the numbers would have been without the AMS VSR manifold??

600+hp Mar 1, 2006 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
as I said before not all cars are the same and your parts list is different then steves. the biggest I can see is the intake manifold. The AMS VSR manifold makes a big difference on big turbo EVO's

Eric

I don't expect my car to make the same power, however my car is representative of what the 3076R put out, albeit a bit on the low side. Most people will agree that at 28lbs boost on straight meth w/ a 3076R you're looking at 450-470/360-380.

So Steve's car must have the perfect setup w/ all the different components synergizing to yield incredible result, much higher power at 3lbs less boost.
If I were to swap this turbo into my car the result will likely be much lower than my current numbers of 441/369 ?

Either that or the 50trim simply kick ass and the 3076R a disappointment.

I can see a 10-20ish/10ish gain from the AMS VSR w/ everything else being equal. In this case the disparity is just too great to call it just that.

hahawe1 Mar 1, 2006 08:19 PM

How long will this motor live? (Daily driven rarely brought to it's potential)
Not abused and running less than 24lbs. boost (20-21)
10k mi.?
25k mi.?
50k mi.?
I'm gonna watch this car closely as it is right where I would like to be.
If he goes the distance I'm a convert.
Steve's car with the old setup (345whp) was impressive to me.

Rcebowl Mar 1, 2006 10:46 PM

hey ams ... i got a question...

the picture is the same as all your other turbo kits... soo i was wondering if i was to get this kit and wanted to upgrade later... would the 35r bolt up to the same manifold?

i'm sure it doesnt.. but it never hurts to ask... haha

Thanks,
Vinny

Rcebowl Mar 1, 2006 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by hahawe1
How long will this motor live? (Daily driven rarely brought to it's potential)
Not abused and running less than 24lbs. boost (20-21)
10k mi.?
25k mi.?
50k mi.?
I'm gonna watch this car closely as it is right where I would like to be.
If he goes the distance I'm a convert.
Steve's car with the old setup (345whp) was impressive to me.

+1

i thought stock motors cant really go over 450whp??

supersupra Mar 1, 2006 11:05 PM

This is a pretty good kit.

nnorris7413 Mar 2, 2006 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Rcebowl
hey ams ... i got a question...

the picture is the same as all your other turbo kits... soo i was wondering if i was to get this kit and wanted to upgrade later... would the 35r bolt up to the same manifold?

i'm sure it doesnt.. but it never hurts to ask... haha

Thanks,
Vinny

Im also interested in the answer to this.

WrX Kila Mar 2, 2006 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by 600+hp
I don't expect my car to make the same power, however my car is representative of what the 3076R put out, albeit a bit on the low side. Most people will agree that at 28lbs boost on straight meth w/ a 3076R you're looking at 450-470/360-380.

So Steve's car must have the perfect setup w/ all the different components synergizing to yield incredible result, much higher power at 3lbs less boost.
If I were to swap this turbo into my car the result will likely be much lower than my current numbers of 441/369 ?

Either that or the 50trim simply kick ass and the 3076R a disappointment.

I can see a 10-20ish/10ish gain from the AMS VSR w/ everything else being equal. In this case the disparity is just too great to call it just that.

I would like to know the size of the turbine housing, if its a -13 CHRA. What compressor cover you have on there. It has been posted by Geof of full race that the Gt3076r will really put out good numbers depending on the back housing thats used. I have my kit on now and I am waiting to get my Meth Injection Kit, then off to tuning I go. I am leaning on the flash for now, If I get 450whp I will be happy.