EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Canadian Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum-63/)
-   -   calling out all EDMONTON lancer owners =) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/canadian-forum/71155-calling-out-all-edmonton-lancer-owners.html)

Iainc216 Apr 9, 2012 08:41 PM

I'm interested... both a local run and sylvan lake sounds great!

I did a 200km drive today, west of Edm to Mayerthorpe and back to the garage... still too much gravel on city streets for me to drive in the city....

Originally Posted by DjRukus (Post 10089459)
I'd also be up for a meet :)
Either just for the few of us that appear to be active on here in Edmonton at the moment, or with the Calgary guys.

DjRukus Apr 10, 2012 09:29 AM

Yeah there is definitely a lot of gravel around still. It's the time of year that makes me really glad I have my whole front end covered with the 3M protective film. It makes a huge difference in preventing the "sandblasting" damage that we get so badly around here with all the sand that gets kicked up by every other vehicle on the road.

Rallan evo Apr 11, 2012 06:42 AM

3m

Originally Posted by DjRukus (Post 10091188)
Yeah there is definitely a lot of gravel around still. It's the time of year that makes me really glad I have my whole front end covered with the 3M protective film. It makes a huge difference in preventing the "sandblasting" damage that we get so badly around here with all the sand that gets kicked up by every other vehicle on the road.

Where did you get the 3m done and how much did you pay, I just muved here and the gravel have done some sandblasting on mi car so I got to get it repair and get 3m ....

Iainc216 Apr 11, 2012 07:54 AM

The dealer did my car. The front end, backs of the mirrors, first 18" of the hood, flares in front of the rear wheels and the first 8" of the roof. It was over 600.

With what I know now. I would go to Carstar on 99 St they do it and I would have saved a few bucks. Aaron has done work on my other vehicle and I was really pleased.

As a minimum, get the flares done in front of the rear tires. My son has an 09 and has to get the area repaired before applying 3m. Funny its a rally car and the paint gets chipped so quickly there. Why doesn't Mitsu apply 3m right out of the factory?

Hope this helps

Rallan evo Apr 12, 2012 06:19 AM

Thanks, it really sucks because I look at my car yesterday and it looks like I have to repaired the front bumper and the inside the fenders but now I have to find some one the will do some good buddy work..

DjRukus Apr 12, 2012 09:08 AM

I've also dealt with Carstar before and was happy with their work and pricing.
I'll have to look into getting my rear flares done also, I don't think I have those covered. I would go check but the car isn't here... It's in the install bay getting my new 7" screen in the dash and a 2-way starter alarm combo. Yay for new toys!

Iainc216 Apr 12, 2012 07:52 PM

that sounds so good... how long is it in the bay for?

DjRukus Apr 13, 2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Iainc216 (Post 10097466)
that sounds so good... how long is it in the bay for?

I dropped it off at 9:00 AM and they called to say it was ready at 4:00. The screen looks awesome and it SO nice to have a remote starter again. Both to let the engine warm up for a couple minutes before getting in the car and also to have the turbo timer to let things cool off after hard driving.

I'll take some pics over the weekend.

Iainc216 Apr 13, 2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by DjRukus (Post 10098536)
I dropped it off at 9:00 AM and they called to say it was ready at 4:00. The screen looks awesome and it SO nice to have a remote starter again. Both to let the engine warm up for a couple minutes before getting in the car and also to have the turbo timer to let things cool off after hard driving.

I'll take some pics over the weekend.

Cant wait to see the pics, I will have a lot of questions about the mods on your car.

I have remote start on my work truck, its a great feature on those cold mornings.

Last week in Sonoma, we were told to take a few slow laps around the track to cool the brakes and turbos, then we just let them idle when we parked them, emergency brake off.

Hope we can do a drive here soon!

Dmundz May 14, 2012 09:56 PM

Hey hey new to the forums i just picked up my 2012 Whit ralliart last week loving it so far. just need to find a good place to order mods from.