EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Drag Racing (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing-16/)
-   -   Cobra's are overrated (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/drag-racing/170716-cobras-overrated.html)

kingCOBRAsvt_99 Nov 25, 2005 05:16 AM

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....pringfield&p=0 <<<<me ......... and MOST of u wont drive past this one .... see yall at MIR next spring........ thats stock cams and stock intake no nitrous

Torre from Va. Nov 25, 2005 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by kingCOBRAsvt_99
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....pringfield&p=0 <<<<me ......... and MOST of u wont drive past this one .... see yall at MIR next spring........ thats stock cams and stock intake no nitrous

I'll be there

turboDan Nov 25, 2005 06:01 AM

The funniest thing about these big WHP Cobras is watching them try to slow down after the Finish Line,thats when I see them going past me,and usually past the return road:)
The brakes on them Fords are awesome(lol)
I cant see why they make those cars so fast,but skimp on the Brakes?Just makes no sense??????????????.Try slowing one of those Cobras down from 130+mph and tell me how "Buttoned down" they feel.Can you say Brake Fade,just from 1 attempt at stopping.Hell,it usually takes 2 good slow downs in an Evo from 130+ to destroy a set of stock front rotors.

Warrtalon Nov 25, 2005 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ChuckV
Here's the timeslip from the Cobra guy: http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1856/vsevo9pz.jpg

Looks like this liar has been HOSED. I hope this guy gets banned for making up something so stupid to inflate his E-Peen.

One car number is the same, and the other isn't. It seems he posted a timeslip of his Evo racing another car to make it look like he won. What's the point?

Why are people saying the first Evo timeslip was doctored? What we clearly have here are two separate timeslips from the same track on the same day. The Evo is on both timeslips, but the opponent is different. The Evo driver is claiming that his opponent was a Cobra in the first slip (13.0 vs 13.4), and the Cobra driver is claiming he was only against the Evo in the second slip (12.4 vs 13.2). The car that ran 13.4 is not the same as the car that ran 12.4. This doesn't show any doctoring of slips, but rather the fact that there were 2 different cars this Evo raced...no way to know who he raced in the slip he posted.

So, what car is in the Evo's timeslip?

ChuckV Nov 25, 2005 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Why are people saying the first Evo timeslip was doctored? What we clearly have here are two separate timeslips from the same track on the same day. The Evo is on both timeslips, but the opponent is different. The Evo driver is claiming that his opponent was a Cobra in the first slip (13.0 vs 13.4), and the Cobra driver is claiming he was only against the Evo in the second slip (12.4 vs 13.2). The car that ran 13.4 is not the same as the car that ran 12.4. This doesn't show any doctoring of slips, but rather the fact that there were 2 different cars this Evo raced...no way to know who he raced in the slip he posted.

So, what car is in the Evo's timeslip?

I agree, I didn't say anything about the slip being doctored.

Bad way to prove his point though. "Cobras are so over-rated, I have to lie about losing to one and post a timeslip of racing a different car."

As for the brakes on the Cobra, they're better than you'd think, turboDan. My '03 will outbrake my Boxster S, and out of all the criticisms I've seen of that car, brakes was never one of them. Fade may be a different issue, but I didn't buy the car to drive on the track, so I couldn't tell ya.

No disrespect indended. I've driven quite a few Evos, and enjoyed all of them! {thumbup}

98Snake03 Nov 25, 2005 06:49 AM

where is this mame slaughter dude...?

here is the link to RiGGer's post....notice that Mame's car number is also in both slips...

So either he beat a slow cobra that could not drive, a modded N/A cobra, or he is lying...

http://img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vsevo9pz.jpg

Sorry if this is a repost.

98Snake03 Nov 25, 2005 06:55 AM

also....I have been following this thread from the beginning. I say this....you guys are cool. Real cool. Thanks for being reasonable and not a bunch of a$$holes like some reps may give you. I never doubted you guys ;)

Also....Mame Slaughter.....dude....troll. Liar. Nice try though. You just aren't smart enough.

Most-Wanted Nov 25, 2005 07:24 AM

kingCOBRAsvt_99- Welcome:) What year Cobra and what mods do you have?

kingCOBRAsvt_99 Nov 25, 2005 04:25 PM

How you doing Most wanted ...My car is a 99 cobra i get my power from a Vortech T-trim s/c and with stock pulley so prob seeing 8-10 Psi of boost??? and valve springs + forged internals and a .020 bore... stock cams stock intake im not really sure how much boost im runnin no boost gauge YET.. the car was just finished about a month ago (hence the reason for no 1/4 time) i have no more IRS ... IRS = poo for drag racing a TKO 600 transmission Full length Long tube headers with off road x-pipe no cats 6 point roll cage with Corbeau race seats + 5 point harnesses.... i wanna get my cams + intake (not sure which intake imma go with yet) by early summer i will prob add nitrous (150 shot) in the near future but only after some practice down the 1320 after all is said and done and i get tired of just being supercharged perhaps a TT setup ?? or swap out the 4.6 for something bigger maybe a 5.4??

kingCOBRAsvt_99 Nov 25, 2005 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
I'll be there

Cool bro.... ill see u there {thumbup}

(PS... i just did a quick research on ur site and see the HKS 272's = cams) any numbers tho torre??

soundfx007 Nov 25, 2005 04:57 PM

Buddy of mine almost got hit at the dragstrip when one of them 03 cobras lost control and almost took the front end off his evo. Luckily the evo is a nimble bumble bee and just buzzed around him as he smashed into the wall.

Most-Wanted Nov 25, 2005 05:48 PM

kingCOBRAsvt_99- Nothing better than a sound of a healthy Mustang. How's the TKO tranny treating you. Sounds like a nice set up. Send me an update from time to time.

dairman@adelphia.net

topnotchevo Nov 25, 2005 06:05 PM

:lol: Have you driven around a FORD lately :lol:

Originally Posted by soundfx007
Buddy of mine almost got hit at the dragstrip when one of them 03 cobras lost control and almost took the front end off his evo. Luckily the evo is a nimble bumble bee and just buzzed around him as he smashed into the wall.

buickgn Nov 28, 2005 12:54 AM

Im glad to see alot of you guys realize the output and potential of the 03/04 Cobra's but im amazed at the denial some are in. Those cars could literally rip most factory cars (within 10-15k price wise) a new one. And as for the guy saying high hp/tq RWD cars cant 60' good....come down here, there's a whole group of us with V6 Buick's that'll rip you a new one. Stock suspension and 235/60/15 Cooper Cobra's i cut 1.78's on a 2psi launch....and im one of the slower ones.

300bhp/ton Nov 28, 2005 01:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
Camaro SS now that is a slow car !!

Originally Posted by Mame Slaughter
Yeah, Camaro's are even slower than Cobra's. I seen an LS1 run 14.1's all day on Sunday. It was pretty sad, really.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: