EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   TephraMOD V5.10 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/362643-tephramod-v5-10-a.html)

Charlie_B Aug 14, 2008 06:58 PM

I was on your NLTS V2, with Ecuflash 1.3 and everything worked good.

Tonight I upgraded to Ecuflash 1.35, and tried to migrate to the EUDM rom to take advantage of some of your new stuff (minus the alt map). I got the xml from here and pasted in the MUT table, lean spool stuff from the eudm to 05 usdm thread.

I got all of my relevant maps pasted over, flashed the car, turned the valet off, cranked it up and it was idling very poorly. And when moving around in the driveway, it would almost stall when pushing in the clutch.

Long story short....I tried to go back to the V2 05 mr rom w/ Ecuflash 1.3. I pasted all of the relevant xml data into the new one (after install) and all of my lean spool, and tephra mod options were screwed up. But I flashed the car and it runs. WOT doesnt look like lean spool is on (which is a good thing). But the NLTS went away in ECUflash, the CEL flash all had entries of 9 w/ load threshold of 0. And now my laptop is going belly up when trying to install 1.3 back on it. Got a big road trip tomorrow with the car club and it sure would be nice to have that knock light working... :(

edited becuase I just read it and didnt understand a thing...its getting late and the car is running.

tephra Aug 14, 2008 07:48 PM

romid's dude...

krazykorean84 Aug 14, 2008 08:28 PM

Tephra, pm sent.

draconx Aug 14, 2008 09:17 PM

my car wont start.. everything is moved over and the valet is not active. but it only starts for like 2 secs and then turns off. then when i go to start it again it just cranks and doesnt start up. any ideas?

using 94170015

tephra Aug 14, 2008 10:04 PM

immobiliser?

injector scalings?

send me the roms.. :)

draconx Aug 15, 2008 02:59 PM

found out the problem. im an idiot lol

tephra Aug 15, 2008 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by krazykorean84 (Post 6009251)
Tephra - No I did not do the FAA bit on either version. (I'm actually not even sure what FAA bit is, I'm still a noob.) P0037 is for the rear o2 heater circuit. Which makes me think the resistor but it worked with V5.:confused:

Right so just to update everyone.

KK's V5 ROM has the FAA bit done, and V5.10 doesn't.

Now on some Evo's when you do the Rear02 FAA bit the ECU ignores what type of resistor is connected. It just checks that the circuit is closed.

KK can either do the FAA bit on his V5.10 ROM OR get the correct resistor.

krazykorean84 Aug 16, 2008 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6014257)
Right so just to update everyone.

KK's V5 ROM has the FAA bit done, and V5.10 doesn't.

Now on some Evo's when you do the Rear02 FAA bit the ECU ignores what type of resistor is connected. It just checks that the circuit is closed.

KK can either do the FAA bit on his V5.10 ROM OR get the correct resistor.

Tephra, I must correct myself, I did do the FAA bit on my V5 rom originally until I got the correct resistor. I just didn't realize that mod was called (FAA bit.) I think that's what you found in the one I sent you. After I got the correct resistor (75 ohm 10W) I deleted the FAA bit info and have been using the V5 rear o2 sim as it was intended.

As for the V5.10, I'm pretty well positive that I'm using the correct resistor. As I read before in the FAA bit post the heater circuit needs a load between 1.1 and 80 ohms. In the FAA bit post I found that I need either a 50 ohm 10W, a 75 ohm 5W, or a 75 ohm 10W resistor which is what I'm using.

I don't know. Maybe I need to just try again and see what happens. Thanks for your help though.{thumbup}

PessimiStick Aug 16, 2008 05:15 PM

Finally got around to installing 88950015 on my IX.

Valet/NLTS/Knock CEL work fine for me. I don't have O2 Sim on since I'm still stock. Ditto for Map Switching.

Loving the NLTS though, donation sent!

tephra Aug 16, 2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by krazykorean84 (Post 6015933)
Tephra, I must correct myself, I did do the FAA bit on my V5 rom originally until I got the correct resistor. I just didn't realize that mod was called (FAA bit.) I think that's what you found in the one I sent you. After I got the correct resistor (75 ohm 10W) I deleted the FAA bit info and have been using the V5 rear o2 sim as it was intended.

As for the V5.10, I'm pretty well positive that I'm using the correct resistor. As I read before in the FAA bit post the heater circuit needs a load between 1.1 and 80 ohms. In the FAA bit post I found that I need either a 50 ohm 10W, a 75 ohm 5W, or a 75 ohm 10W resistor which is what I'm using.

I don't know. Maybe I need to just try again and see what happens. Thanks for your help though.{thumbup}

Well do the FAA bit for v5.10 I am sure you wont throw a CEL... but you wont pass emmisions... :)

I reckon u need 50Ohms, not 75... Where is JoT - he is the expert on this stuff :)

krazykorean84 Aug 16, 2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6016237)
Well do the FAA bit for v5.10 I am sure you wont throw a CEL... but you wont pass emmisions... :)

I reckon u need 50Ohms, not 75... Where is JoT - he is the expert on this stuff :)

I'll try the FAA bit if I can't get V5.10 to work as is. I've been using the 75 ohm 10W because its supposed to generate less heat and is still within the resistance tolerance for the heater circuit per the FAA bit thread. Thanks again for the help though.{thumbup}

Charlie_B Aug 17, 2008 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by tephra (Post 6011787)
romid's dude...

hehe sorry. I was pretty stressed out at the time. I am currently on 96940011 and am attempting to migrate to 9653006. Im going to have another go at it soon and just do everything again to make sure it is right. Is there any issue with copying all of my 96940011 maps into the new 9653006? If so, which ones do I leave alone?

thx

tephra Aug 17, 2008 04:32 PM

not all of them...

just ones you have modified (fuel/timing/immob/injector stuff....)

steadly2004 Aug 17, 2008 05:57 PM

I flashed this to replace the 94170008 rom ----> 94170015 ver 5.10.

Everything seemed to go well. I haven't had a chance to test out too much, just the valet and the fact that nothing has gone wrong. Its a new motor and my wideband needs a new sensor so I'm staying out of boost for the moment, so no knock-CEL test for now.

Anyway, I have an important question. To disable a feature, such as NLTS (no clutch switches) I have to set that to 0 (zero) right? And to enable a feature I set it to 1?

tephra Aug 17, 2008 06:18 PM

yup