EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Omni 4bar map sensor Plug and Play (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/394014-omni-4bar-map-sensor-plug-play.html)

mchuang Jan 20, 2009 08:20 PM

I would lol, but I got a newborn, I cant even play with my car right now. Just buy lil cosmetic things like a shift knob hahaha. I am just looking on as everyone else here has fun.

mrfred Jan 20, 2009 08:38 PM

Wow, that is a pretty cool sensor. As far as hardware connections go, it appears to be 100% plug-n-play. I'm thinking that this will be the "other" map sensor that I'll code for direct boost control.

KevOVIII Jan 20, 2009 10:12 PM

A lot of us will be waiting patiently for your patch. :)

o.e.boost Jan 21, 2009 04:45 PM

:eek:wow this looks like its workable...

03whitegsr Jan 22, 2009 12:24 PM

$139 direct from omnipower instock and ready to ship.

Glad I held out on the 3bar group buy.

RoadSpike Jan 22, 2009 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr (Post 6600405)
$139 direct from omnipower instock and ready to ship.

Glad I held out on the 3bar group buy.

Thats definitely cheaper than what it took getting my 5 bar zeitronix map sensor working.

The zeitronix sensor is cheaper but requires an adapater + cable which makes it about 15 bucks more for a 5 bar.

03whitegsr Jan 22, 2009 01:01 PM

I'm not worthy of a 5bar... :D

RoadSpike Jan 22, 2009 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr (Post 6600562)
I'm not worthy of a 5bar... :D

:lol: I'm not either just trying to kick start people on speed density :D.

I'll bet you money my settings for the 5 bar will work on these other sensors with the expection of the pressure diff and map to baro setting. The rest of the settings seem purely there to present a CEL condition.

4xforce Jan 22, 2009 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 6591990)
i asked the seller about the ECU changes and he said they have the ECU calibrations available. someone order this thing :)

I did but I don't have the slightest clue of what I'm gonna do with it. :confused: Was hoping that by the time it came for my install a few others that let that group buy come and go and picked up one of these instead would have the details figured out. Roadspike.....if you get if figured out let me know. You are more local to me than most here.

4xforce Jan 22, 2009 02:53 PM

Nevermind Roadspike......should learn to read entire thread first then post. You got the Big Boy 5 bar.

RoadSpike Jan 22, 2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 4xforce (Post 6600977)
I did but I don't have the slightest clue of what I'm gonna do with it. :confused: Was hoping that by the time it came for my install a few others that let that group buy come and go and picked up one of these instead would have the details figured out. Roadspike.....if you get if figured out let me know. You are more local to me than most here.

Hmm not that familiar with the evo 9 settings but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you want I can extrapolate some for you.

RoadSpike Jan 22, 2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 4xforce (Post 6600989)
Nevermind Roadspike......should learn to read entire thread first then post. You got the Big Boy 5 bar.

What kind of comment is that? For your info i did read the entire post, I was reminiscing on the fact this would have been a better cheaper route.

4xforce Jan 22, 2009 02:57 PM

I need to read the entire post! Not you.

4xforce Jan 22, 2009 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by RoadSpike (Post 6600993)
Hmm not that familiar with the evo 9 settings but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you want I can extrapolate some for you.

That would be sweet. When the time comes I will get in touch.

RoadSpike Jan 22, 2009 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4xforce (Post 6601009)
I need to read the entire post! Not you.

:lol: My bad then

I'd be happy to help you figure out that sensor. I just reread MrFred's post on logging boost with a 3bar jdm. I think the only questionable setting i have in my head right now is the MAP vs Baro setting. Everything else is purely mathematically derived far as i can tell.