EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   What is the best WB02 from YOUR experience? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/569281-what-best-wb02-your-experience.html)

hellcat Mar 14, 2012 08:48 AM

I prefer AEM for ease of installation and also it is easy to use. Zeitronix is also a nice unit. It has a wider range of measure and also has more features, the bad side is having to calibrate it all of the time and they also seem buggy and some people have had issues with them holding callibration.

ROCK Mar 14, 2012 08:50 AM

Not sure who to quote someone's quote but Zeitronix DOES work everytime. We have used them on everthing from my TIME ATTACK EVO to my Carburated Short Track NASCAR V- 8. Worked everytime and it was useful everytime, even for jetting a carb!

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

ROCK Mar 14, 2012 08:56 AM

Calibrate AEM you mean. Never need to calibrate a ZT-2

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

MINES13 Mar 14, 2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by hellcat (Post 10034616)
I prefer AEM for ease of installation and also it is easy to use. Zeitronix is also a nice unit. It has a wider range of measure and also has more features, the bad side is having to calibrate it all of the time and they also seem buggy and some people have had issues with them holding callibration.

The AEM has a very simple install. Much easier then an LC-1/gauge combo. This is why I really appreciate the Innovate MTX-L setup. It is a gauge integrated unit with the controller in the gauge body, like the AEM. It also has a simple power/ground/dimmer configuration for the wiring with your two optional analog outputs, both programmable. I currently run one of these in place of the LC-1 setup of old, you also get a greater AFR range, 7.35 to 22.39.

211Ratsbud Mar 14, 2012 09:04 AM

This thread implies that somone would have had to use all on the list? Ive only used AEM on my evo, which I think works well, never once had a problem in any circumstance. I think the poll should read which one do you use!

MINES13 Mar 14, 2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 10034660)
This thread implies that somone would have had to use all on the list? Ive only used AEM on my evo, which I think works well, never once had a problem in any circumstance. I think the poll should read which one do you use!

:thumbup: Seriously, at the end of the day, and I have said it before; if you are happy with what you have, use it in good health. :mitsu:

evo8426 Mar 14, 2012 09:29 AM

I like my LC-1, I have not had a problem with it since installing.

Boosted Tuning Mar 14, 2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by MINES13 (Post 10034530)
I explained MTS packets previously, this eluded you. The sample rate is 1000 samples per second. This is what you will see through your DAC output. Maybe you missed this previously, giving you the benefit of the doubt here. But I will say it again.

You've explained it 5 times. Yes, I know they say it logs that fast. But in the real world, I have yet to see that. The LC1 and LM1 I have used before never logged that fast IMO. Using Logworks (Innovates own logging software), it seem like the sample rate is much lower.

No, it does not. Zeitronix and pretty much every other company, except Innovate, use the Bosch CJ125 sensor control chip. This uses the FIXED calibration resistor on the LSU4.2 sensor. There is no debate here. The device does not do this, you are either confused or making things up. From what I have seen, I would believe either to be the case.

Okay. So I guess the owner of Zeitronix is lying to me. :rolleyes:

I believe, that you believe this. Which I guess is all that matters on the internet. :)

Really? 50 to 60%? I guess you have Innovate's annual sales figures, but I doubt it. Failure rates like that over a period of 8 years + would certainly put any other company out of business. They must be touched by the hand of god... But again, judging by some of your previous misinformation, you are either seriously confused or once again, making stuff up. I would believe either/or at this point.

So now your calling me a liar??? Im not confused or making anything up. I have been in the import industry for about 11 years, and though my 11 years, I have witness that Innovate units have issues about 50% of the time. No, that doesnt mean the company would go out of business, because they make a good margin on their product and they do have great customer support, to take care of the issues.

Amazing. Just to make you aware, any electronic device period is made with components that are NOT made in the USA. capacitors, resistors, non volatile memory, etc. All Chinese, British, Israeli, Japanese, etc. Maybe you are referring to final assembly here in the USA? So is the Innovate product, not that it matters.

True. All caps, resistors, etc are made overseas. Yes, Im referrin to the final assembly. AFAIK, Innovate products are also assembled overseas. Zeitronix is NOT.

At this point, I will leave you be. You are a business, have a vested interest in the Zeitronix devices as a dealer, and I am sure you do what you do well. That is great, and I wish you no ill will. We are not going to see eye to eye on this, and this is also ok. I like my Innovate, you like your Zeitronix. There are others on here who may prefer neither of these products, competition is healthy. At the end of the day, use what you like and be happy. :beer:

Yes, Im a business, but my business is about 70% tuning, about 25% installs/labor and about 5% parts sells, so part sells arent a big deal to me. And I do sell BOTH, Innovate and Zetronix products, as well as AEM products, so Im a dealer of all 3 and have a vested interest in all of them.

Agreed, we are probably never gonna see eye to eye on this. And everyone should use what they like. No hard feelings. {thumbup}

Speaking of other products, I wish I could get a ECM Lambda Pro. Its way better then all of these low end WBs mentioned in this thread, but it cost $3500 :eek:

Boosted Tuning Mar 14, 2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by hellcat (Post 10034616)

You're mistaking the Zeitronix for the Innovate LC1.

Zetronix doesnt need to be calibrated and has no issues. {thumbup}

migs647 Mar 14, 2012 02:10 PM

One I didn't notice was the Stack wideband. This is what I have, but haven't installed it yet. Anyone have experience with them?

tiggeryellow1 May 28, 2013 06:16 PM

Did I miss the pic?