EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-341/)
-   -   EvoX ACD reprogramming (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/582737-evox-acd-reprogramming.html)

onboost Dec 4, 2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan (Post 9792644)
yes please, you can test with a multimeter where all the OBDII pins go to on the ACD/AYC ecu plug pins. Requires locating the ecu, unplugging it, to test for continuity between OBDII 16pins and the Ecu 52pins. Its exactly the same ecu pin layout as the Evo9 ecu.. as seen at the bottom of this page: on the evoscan ACD webpage

roger. il find my multimeter and have a go tonight

sba Dec 6, 2011 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 9793380)
I see a Evo 10 ACD ROM .HEX on the Evoscan site. ;)

This is the file from my car. Tactrix and Op 2.0 readed.

Hiboost Dec 6, 2011 05:58 AM

I'm not sure that 3-6 seconds a lap is realistic with just an ACD reprogramming but I guess that can depend on the road course. If it even consistantly gains a few seconds a lap it would be worth the efforts to reprogram! I would be very interested in what you guys can figure out and wouldn't mind benching the ECU to test this. The trick is testing that the changes worked consistantly without a road course might be difficult unless the differences are really that dramatic.

I had my rear differential spraying out fluid from the breather I was working it so hard last trip to Watkins Glen, this was with the ASC half off. I'm not sure that different ACD programming would help that, will switch this new car over to Redline Heavy Shockproof asap. When you turn ASC full off you have to do all the work to position the car as you enter a corner but if the suspension is setup correctly and you know the car it's worth the trade off. The only danger of ASC full off is that when off power and entering a turn too early at the wrong speed, you can set yourself up to spin the car where the ASC system would have otherwise saved it with it's ABS braking operation at each wheel.

discogodfather Dec 6, 2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hiboost (Post 9800005)
I'm not sure that 3-6 seconds a lap is realistic with just an ACD reprogramming but I guess that can depend on the road course. If it even consistantly gains a few seconds a lap it would be worth the efforts to reprogram! I would be very interested in what you guys can figure out and wouldn't mind benching the ECU to test this. The trick is testing that the changes worked consistantly without a road course might be difficult unless the differences are really that dramatic.

I had my rear differential spraying out fluid from the breather I was working it so hard last trip to Watkins Glen, this was with the ASC half off. I'm not sure that different ACD programming would help that, will switch this new car over to Redline Heavy Shockproof asap. When you turn ASC full off you have to do all the work to position the car as you enter a corner but if the suspension is setup correctly and you know the car it's worth the trade off. The only danger of ASC full off is that when off power and entering a turn too early at the wrong speed, you can set yourself up to spin the car where the ASC system would have otherwise saved it with it's ABS braking operation at each wheel.

Yeah, the ASC OFF would be no throttle kill, ASC OFF OFF would be no throttle or ABD. The "AYC brake" as it is referred to is actually assisting in the torque biasing (shifting power to the outside wheel) as the brakes can apply so quickly compared to the clutches in the AYC. It's really an assist type situation, where the AYC clutches are getting help from the Brembo's. It's like AYC on steroids, and it makes for a very effective artificial polar moment generator.

Going ASC OFF OFF in an X = going back in time to the Evo 7/8/9 system (JDM / EDM) without the brake differential.

Beeble Dec 8, 2011 04:58 PM

^ hrmm I've always gone "off off" for track work.
Maybe I'll try a single "off" next time.

I don't know if it's related, but having ASC on kills my SST (Slowdown!) very quickly. I always assumed it was the system's throttle modulation.

anyways, also very keen if/when reprogramming becomes available and will happily pay for the service if it helps lap times :)
I'm sure many of us will!

fostytou Dec 15, 2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by discogodfather (Post 9801605)
Yeah, the ASC OFF would be no throttle kill, ASC OFF OFF would be no throttle or ABD. The "AYC brake" as it is referred to is actually assisting in the torque biasing (shifting power to the outside wheel) as the brakes can apply so quickly compared to the clutches in the AYC. It's really an assist type situation, where the AYC clutches are getting help from the Brembo's. It's like AYC on steroids, and it makes for a very effective artificial polar moment generator.

Going ASC OFF OFF in an X = going back in time to the Evo 7/8/9 system (JDM / EDM) without the brake differential.

I was unaware of these - I thought the brakes were much more likely to overheat due to the stability control and had always gone off off (except a few times I forgot). I'll be interested to compare lap times next year when the car is running again. I guess more heat tolerant rear brakes could be better, although this could change that handling characteristic.

discogodfather Dec 15, 2011 06:16 PM

^A few racers have commented that you can lock the inside rear wheel with racing pad compounds, so the system is strictly set up for stock brake pads. I'll compare my laps at Laguna next month.

kyoo Dec 15, 2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by discogodfather (Post 9826247)
^A few racers have commented that you can lock the inside rear wheel with racing pad compounds, so the system is strictly set up for stock brake pads. I'll compare my laps at Laguna next month.

that's a very interesting point - may REQUIRE some tuning to s-awc for different setups

Dragon-V Dec 16, 2011 10:06 AM

I am just making a start on disassembling the X rom, I dont know how long it will take as I am still working on 7/8/9 acd xml as some tables have been missed.

Lee

discogodfather Dec 16, 2011 03:18 PM

I have never been able to figure out the 7/8/9 functionality on the ACD from the 9 tables we do have, I suspect there are more. I know the Lockup reducer maps make the difference but does it really explain everything? The accel and decel maps make no sense to me.

Good to hear your working on the X rom Lee, is there any support you need? I hope there is a table in the X rom controlling the "AYC brake", or ABD.

donner Dec 17, 2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by discogodfather (Post 9828101)
I have never been able to figure out the 7/8/9 functionality on the ACD from the 9 tables we do have, I suspect there are more. I know the Lockup reducer maps make the difference but does it really explain everything? The accel and decel maps make no sense to me.

Good to hear your working on the X rom Lee, is there any support you need? I hope there is a table in the X rom controlling the "AYC brake", or ABD.

I agree with you about understanding tuning tables and that is something I spend time nowadays with 7/8/9. Good news, there is finally some development with 7/8/9 as it is possible to datalog acd solenoid current and that makes it possible to understand maps we have. Of course solenoid current itself does not tell what pressure we set to acd clutch and tuning cannot be based on this but trend is what makes it interesting: more current means higher pressure and by making changes to tuning table(s) it is possible to trace how they really work. This same thing can achieved by installing pressure sensor to acd pipeline. Also I believe that 3d maps we have are not all there really is.

tephra Dec 18, 2011 05:55 PM

yeh ditto.

I have discovered a bunch of maps and sent them to SBA so hopefully "it makes" sense to him and we can start labelling stuff.

I also hooked him up with RS and RS_Ralliart_Tarmac ROM's, so that will help.

I found some AYC maps, I know they are AYC - because the maps are Zero'd out in the RS roms (coz they dont have AYC yo!!)

discogodfather Dec 18, 2011 09:29 PM

Imagining that AYC has a table that deals with G sensor input. Also imagining tables that help the clutch paks deal with the ABD. The ABD or AYC Brake comes on at the limit of traction, according to some of the statements made in the Mitsu manual. They have to be working together beyond just trading wheel speeds and and seeing if the ABS is working, etc.

Also have thought about doing some pressure transducers to the three circuits, but never have got around to it. There has to be a direct correlation with the solenoid amperage to pressure.

This is an old pic Tehpra actually posted along time ago which suggests the SAWC Ecu and the ASC Ecu talk back and forth, even issuing "brake force commands" to the ASC.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/562...kecontrolu.png

donner Dec 19, 2011 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by discogodfather (Post 9831923)
Also have thought about doing some pressure transducers to the three circuits, but never have got around to it. There has to be a direct correlation with the solenoid amperage to pressure.

Sorry if this is mentioned here earlier but it seems that with diagnostics tools it is possible to datalog solenoid currents and lots more inputs, see piece of workshop manual below. And yes, pressure is relative to current (maybe not linearly but trend is correct for sure). This might help studying of tuning maps.

http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00360/9229438.png

tephra Dec 19, 2011 04:45 AM

I haz found the AYC proportioning control map :)

its different, but the same sort of data as CT9A