EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/239767-ecuflash-evoscan-mitsulogger-questions.html)

EvoAnthony Dec 13, 2006 12:14 PM

Oh I see my bad...

l2r99gst Dec 13, 2006 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by nj1266 (Post 3753289)
I have a question:

I have noticed that at least in one case with one poster (sandm??) his log does not have enoguh rpm points getting logged. Why is that?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...4&d=1165363350

attached the log

NJ,

This is most likely due to logging on a slow computer or having too many items logged at once or having some other applications open that are taking CPU cycles, etc. The number of data points can be affected in these cases, leaving you with less data samples per time frame.

I don't think it has anything to do with EvoScan vs MitsuLogger, as even EvoScan will be affected in the same way.

Eric

Kings Fan Dec 13, 2006 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 3753639)
Both loggers can calculate load, I have also been able to get the 2 byte load to work in both loggers.

It's really up to your personal choice on which is better.

Evoscan does have an edge so far with the wideband integration, but I know that ML is headed in that direction too.

Can someone show me how to calc loadcalc in Evoscan?

EvoAnthony Dec 13, 2006 02:57 PM

After you log the EvoScan....go to the Excel file that shows you the whole log and go to the column that says LoadCalc and it'll be right there...

C6C6CH3vo Dec 13, 2006 03:12 PM

hey.........

Kings Fan Dec 13, 2006 03:31 PM

Just go to Dell and buy their cheapest laptop, you can usually get their entry level for around 4-500 bones. Or go on ebay and get a used one. You can probably end up getting a fairly nice laptop for right around 400 bones.

MalibuJack Dec 13, 2006 03:50 PM

Evoscan has a bunch of stuff that Mitsulogger doesn't really do yet. But it has some features that Evoscan doesn't have. It has flexible calculations, it uses VB expressions, and passes all of the data to variables that can be used in them.

Evoscan and Mitsulogger are both CPU and Data item dependent, the amount of items you log will have an affect on the logging speed of both. And they both log as fast as the CPU can request them from the ECU, so they should ultimately be the same speed. I can only speak for mitsulogger when I say that I don't use alot of loops are recursion to process data, so it ultimately shouldn't take time away from logging. But at the speed that the ECU logs at, it should make no difference on a fairly fast laptop.

The only advantage that Mitsulogger really has besides the more flexible calculations is Mitsulogger works with 2 byte load where the responses are 3 bytes, this is a different mod than the current 2 byte load that uses two different requests, true 2 byte requests will make a request, and expect a 2 byte response (3 bytes in total).. Its also totally free, and although I haven't spent alot of time updating it recently, the newest stuff I have been working on is integrated logging with the UTEC, TurboXS Tuner, Innovate MTS protocol (so it can log any data from any Innovate MTS device), among other things.

Evoscan is a nice program, the reason I wrote my own was to address issues with flexibility that I needed with the requests and calculated data items, Load calculation that is more flexible than the fixed values, and simplicity. Evoscan had way too many additional bells and whistles that I didn't find very useful as a tuner. And as a tuner, I already had another form of logging for AFR and other data that MUT couldn't adequately provide, plus the tools and ability to compare/align the data. All I was interested in was calculating load, and being able to start and stop the logger easily, and having the files go somewhere that I wanted.

I didn't exactly start this thread for this reason. I started it only to encourage you guys to start new posts and threads for questions you had, instead of PM'ing me.. :)

TTP Engineering Dec 13, 2006 06:56 PM

If you could get a dataloglab hp and tq grapher out of any of the programs, it would be a HIT!

MalibuJack Dec 13, 2006 09:03 PM

I assume you mean the graphing built into the programs similar to what Data log lab does, because Mitsulogger was specifically written with Data Log Lab in mind, it will load data correctly and graph HP/TQ curves in DLL.. Of course, because Mitsulogger was written with DLL in mind, I have no intention of adding graphing or HP calc features to the program. The tool is a logger, the analysis tool is intentionally kept seperate. DataLogLab does the job very well and I see no need to change it.

wroblewskievo Dec 13, 2006 09:20 PM

hey malibu jack. which blow off valve should i get? sorry i couldn't resist. thanks for all your input. i always read all of your posts instead of the usual skim. thanks again.

Kings Fan Dec 13, 2006 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by EvoAnthony (Post 3754323)
After you log the EvoScan....go to the Excel file that shows you the whole log and go to the column that says LoadCalc and it'll be right there...

I just checked several logs that I've done, opened them in Excel and I'm not seeing loadcalc. I see one that says "custom" Am I just being retarded or am I missing something? I'm using Evoscan .9

Kings Fan Dec 13, 2006 10:00 PM

NM, i just downloaded the latest version and found it, i'm such a dumbass

ace_2822 Dec 15, 2006 07:26 PM

Im looking at getting logging software. I will also be purchasing a wideband {zeitronix or innovate} Im leaning more towards the ZT-2. What would you recommend, as far as the software goes? Thanks{thumbup}

MalibuJack Dec 15, 2006 07:58 PM

It depends.. If your comfortable with logging tools and correlating data, then you should be fine with either. If you want the integrated logging, Evoscan has support for several widebands. (Mitsulogger will support widebands also, its just the app isn't being worked on at the moment since I have other things taking up my free time for awhile)

You can also check out ECUEDIT.

Mitsulogger is the only freeware logger tool though..

kreionic Dec 17, 2006 01:39 PM

Same question how do you get mitsulogger to work? I downloaded it to my desktop and when I would go click on it to install and it would ask me what program to chose to open it?