EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   ECUFlash / Evoscan / Mitsulogger Questions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/239767-ecuflash-evoscan-mitsulogger-questions.html)

MalibuJack Dec 25, 2006 08:11 AM

Yes.. If you can send me a log of what the serial data looks like, I'll add it when I release the UTEC/Tuner version..

evo8dad Dec 25, 2006 11:10 AM

MJ is this the Innovate device you mentioned that can convert a 5v signal to be logged (analog to digital) by EvoScan or Mistulogger -

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=250&page=1

Also can this device -

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=262&page=1

work with a PLX Devices wideband O2 sensor? I am assuming it can since both PLX and Innovate use Bosch sensors. If so can EvoScan and/or Mitsulogger log the a/f ratios?

By the way, is Log Works a free program or propriety of of Innovate meaning it would need to be purchased? I couldn't find a info on their site about that.

Thanks

Adam
CLT Racing

Terry S Dec 28, 2006 03:39 PM

So I just paypal'd the $25 for EvoScan but I wasn't provided any serial code or link to a place to download the program. I checked my spam folders and nothing was in there. I just sent him an email, but if someone has a link to the download place that would be spectacular.

Thanks,
Terry S

kreionic Dec 28, 2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 3801334)
So I just paypal'd the $25 for EvoScan but I wasn't provided any serial code or link to a place to download the program. I checked my spam folders and nothing was in there. I just sent him an email, but if someone has a link to the download place that would be spectacular.

Thanks,
Terry S

Strange As soon as I paid it let me download it right away and gave me a serial #

Terry S Dec 28, 2006 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by kreionic (Post 3801369)
Strange As soon as I paid it let me download it right away and gave me a serial #

Was this recently? I really wanted to play with this program tonite, and since I sent the email about mid-morning his time, I was hoping to already hear back from him :(

If the EvoScan guy reads this before he gets my email, I never received a page indicating a serial number nor a link to where to download. All I got was a paypal confirmation page & a paypal confirmation email with a receipt number.

Terry S

KOEvo Dec 28, 2006 07:58 PM

MJ, i want to log with MitsuLogger, but i feel i should get acquainted with the application more thoroughly before i go around clicking buttons and doing 3rd gear pulls all across Seattle.

I am really confused on what Baud Rate, and how many devices i have as well as what their serial numbers are. Also i have no idea what will happen if i click the "2 Byte Response" button, or what my injector scale and latency@14v should be set at.

Is there any chance of getting a newb, non-engineer type user demo/write up? Something like this: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=237869

Or at least a quick description of what all this stuff means?

Also, changing the subject quickly i was wondering if the stock roms you have for open d/l'ing off the Aktive Matrix website, are safe? Meaning, can i just d/l it, and flash it onto my ECU, and all the settings will be exactly the same as they were stock? This doesn't differ from say one '05 Evo to the next '05 Evo? Will this pass for a stock ECU at my Mitsubishi Stealership?

Thanks.

MalibuJack Dec 28, 2006 08:37 PM

The only settings you should change are the Injector Scaling.

2 byte responses won't hurt anything if you check it, but it did seem to crash on some people as its currently not needed on a stock Rom.

Baud rate should be untouched, and the remaining stuff like serial number and device number are just informational.

You won't hurt anything by playing with the settings, but the defaults will work for you if you have stock injectors..

You can play with it in demo mode, it will generate random data that you can play with, its mostly gibberish data and doesnt do much for you unless your testing new formulas and whatnot (an advanced feature of editing the mitsulogger.xml file, which again, isn't something you have to work with)

This software is probably the easiest to set up, just extract it to a directory and run it. (Make sure you have Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed, but if you have a current windows XP installation and run windows update once in awhile, you should have downloaded it already)

There are rare occasions where it crashes, typically its either not having .NET installed, or no drivers installed for the tactrix cable (however I did attempt to mitagate that by including a required file that will run in its place if its never had the driver installed) The only other time it crashes for most people is if they have another serial adapter that is also based on the same chip, I wouldn't worry about that unless you get bitten by it.

MalibuJack Dec 28, 2006 08:44 PM

The good news is I'll probably have built-in wideband logging in the new version of Mitsulogger some time in January..

Planned devices (and their order of implementation)

1) Zeitronix ZT-2, logging of all the sensors it has, not just AFR
2) TurboXS Tuner Pro and UTEC, again logging of all the data it has available.
3) Innovate LC-1 Wideband using the MTS protocol (as I get more MTS compatible devices I will add support for them) this is just a courtesy as Logworks already does a nice job.
4) Possible integration or support for the ECU+ Data stream, though their software is far superior for logging and its really just for convenience.

Additional devices will be added (not just Widebands, but any useful device that has usable info such as GPS and whatnot) as vendors or manufacturers contact me.

Currently the units above are what I have on my bench for development and therefore I can crank them out quickly.

The Zeitronix and TurboXS products seem to be completely overlooked, and both have really nice features that compliment my software.

Innovate has their Logworks app, so I may hold off on Supporting the MTS stream, and instead release a version of Mitsulogger that is a plugin for Logworks 3.0

I want to thank Zeitronix for contributing the hardware needed to develop support for their devices.

TTP Engineering Dec 28, 2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack (Post 3802341)
The good news is I'll probably have built-in wideband logging in the new version of Mitsulogger some time in January..

Planned devices (and their order of implementation)

1) Zeitronix ZT-2, logging of all the sensors it has, not just AFR
2) TurboXS Tuner Pro and UTEC, again logging of all the data it has available.
3) Innovate LC-1 Wideband using the MTS protocol (as I get more MTS compatible devices I will add support for them) this is just a courtesy as Logworks already does a nice job.

Additional devices will be added (not just Widebands, but any useful logging) as vendors or manufacturers contact me.

The Zeitronix and TurboXS products seem to be completely overlooked, and both have really nice features that compliment my software.

Innovate has their Logworks app, so I may hold off on Supporting the MTS stream, and instead release a version of Mitsulogger that is a plugin for Logworks 3.0

I want to thank Zeitronix for contributing the hardware needed to develop support for their devices.

If there was a status that superceded Guru, you sure would have a spot there.
Thanks for all your work Jack. The Evo community is indebted to you. {thumbup}

jfitzpat Dec 29, 2006 09:02 AM

[snip]

Of course, you are very welcome to do a plug in but, again, I didn't do the OpenPort plug-in to discourage 3rd party developers (in fact, supporting such development is the reason I wrote the existing SDK).

There are three different levels you can support MTS. The SDK is an activeX control that exposes whatever MTS devices are chained together as an array of channels (complete with name, min, max, unit string, etc.) If the development environment does not support controls, programmers can access the the MTS manager directly (it is a Windows DLL). Again, the connected chain is presented as a channel array.

And, finally, if the effort is a non Windows platform or if the developer just wants to go low level, the serial protocol is also available. The downside there is it becomes the developer's responsibility to add and support new device types as they become available.

For the first two approaches, I can send you a software simulator for all our MTS devices. For the last approach we have always provided loaner hardware on request. Normally, you just ask through our support email address, but you can contact me directly at joe at innovatemotorsports dot com (hopefully that fools the spam sniffers).

Additional devices will be added (not just Widebands, but any useful device that has usable info such as GPS and whatnot) as vendors or manufacturers contact me.

FWIW, the most common protocol for for basic GPS information is "NMEA". A number of years back I wrote a bunch of free tools for GPS receivers. Most do things you don't need, like pull user waypoints and tracks out of Garmin and Magellan receivers (there is even one to turn a recorded GPS track into a MS Flight Simulator flight 'video'), but the basic tool (use as ActiveX or DLL) auto detects NMEA and Garmin protocol and parses out the basic information.

A bunch of freeware and shareware apps in niche areas (general aviation, geocaching, etc.) still use them, but it can be hard to find the latest online (since I refused to give money to download.com when it went commercial). But if they are of any use to you, again, just drop me a note at the email address above and I'll send you the last versions I did and any source your need.

Happy New Year
-jjf

MalibuJack Dec 29, 2006 09:17 AM

Thanks, I'll get in touch with you once I go off my on call rotation next week. a

I already have the Innovate LC-1, so a software simulator will do great for my development.

I definitely am interested in the GPS stuff too as I have a Garmin, the problem I have with the new garmin devices is most no longer use serial ports, but are more similar to the USB communications for the Tactrix cable. But I'd definitely be interested in supporting tracing coordinates..

jfitzpat Dec 29, 2006 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack (Post 3803971)
I definitely am interested in the GPS stuff too as I have a Garmin, the problem I have with the new garmin devices is most no longer use serial ports, but are more similar to the USB communications for the Tactrix cable. But I'd definitely be interested in supporting tracing coordinates..

Understood. I did a little tool for one of the aviation portables, but I haven't looked at the other newer Garmins. Parsing NMEA isn't really difficult at all, but you might have some use for some of the other basic utils (converting map datums, distance between points, etc.)

Just drop me a note.

-jjf

KOEvo Dec 29, 2006 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack (Post 3802325)
The only settings you should change are the Injector Scaling.

So i do run larger 680cc injectors, should i just enter "680" into the injector scaling box? Do i need to change the latency?

Originally Posted by KOEvo
Also, changing the subject quickly i was wondering if the stock roms you have for open d/l'ing off the Aktive Matrix website, are safe? Meaning, can i just d/l it, and flash it onto my ECU, and all the settings will be exactly the same as they were stock? This doesn't differ from say one '05 Evo to the next '05 Evo? Will this pass for a stock ECU at my Mitsubishi Stealership?

Any info?

jimib Dec 30, 2006 09:42 AM

I have had ecuflash for a few months now. I will get into it hard core for a week or so here or there. And im pretty happy with my results. I was able to get rid of the safc comepletly and get close to the AFRs I wanted. I havent really touched it for awhile and now I want to get into some fine tuning of driveability, as well as concentrating on having more stable AFRs thru the rpms as well as the gears.

The rom im dealing with already has an aggressive timing map so I doubt I touch that much. Primarily I just use the wideband and concentrate on AFRs. I use evoscan, but really all I look for is knock.. So in my quest for fine tuning I want to look deeper into the logs. I have evoscan, evoscan log analyzer, and mitsu logger.

What do most people log? (thats easily searched im sure sorry) What all do you need to know about the information you can take from evoscan. I beleive I remember that their are a few fields that are incorrect etc.. I tried searching on that topic but couldnt find specifics. I am used to using evoscan, so I have only tried mitsu logger a couple times. I am not opposed to using mitsu logger at all. So I will def accept an answer of use mitsu logger lol

Thanks in advance

Terry S Dec 30, 2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 3801662)
Was this recently? I really wanted to play with this program tonite, and since I sent the email about mid-morning his time, I was hoping to already hear back from him :(

If the EvoScan guy reads this before he gets my email, I never received a page indicating a serial number nor a link to where to download. All I got was a paypal confirmation page & a paypal confirmation email with a receipt number.

Terry S

Quick update,

I was finally able to download the software after receiving an email & pm from the EvoScan guy. Apparently I missed the "return to merchant page" link that would have taken me to the download page.

Hopefully, this might help future purchasers from having the same user error that I encountered {pcfreak}

Terry S