EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/436196-evo8-ecu-1g-dsm-works.html)

gctech Aug 15, 2016 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sp1kE (Post 11651733)
I've been having a hard time figuring out how to get my nlts working on my evo 8 ecu 1g.

I've wired the cruise control switch to the ECU. I've discovered the ECU NEEDS to see a ground signal on the clutch input wire for the stationary/launch to work.

So right now my launch control works great. However nlts will not activate.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Do you have a VSS signal? If it doesnt it will not work, what i did was to simiulate a 0-5 v signal to the vss ecu input set at 1.8v which is about 30mph , this enabled the nlts function

Sp1kE Aug 16, 2016 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by gctech (Post 11652412)
Do you have a VSS signal? If it doesnt it will not work, what i did was to simiulate a 0-5 v signal to the vss ecu input set at 1.8v which is about 30mph , this enabled the nlts function

I am able to log my vehicle speed in evoscan, I assume that means I have the VSS wire hooked up? But I will double check tonight.
Did you do this simulation because you did not have a VSS?

Thanks for your help.

Jim69c Sep 14, 2016 01:43 AM

Can anyone tell me why vr4 pins 11 and 13 aren't used whenrunning an evo ecu?

chicknbucker Dec 12, 2016 04:15 PM

ok so i finally plugged in my patch harness yesterday to swap the evo8 ecu on my 92 gvr4 and right away i ran into the issue of my fuel pump running all the time when the key is in the "on" position. i have double checked all the pinouts that everything is correct and im kinda at a loss as to what would do this as the gvr4 ecu does not run the pump untill you crank the car. i have yet to start the car because i cant read/write the evo ecu due to another issue im trying to figure out but ive already hydro locked the motor (with fuel)cause the pump was running so long without me noticing. please help before i start lighting matches lol.:helpme:

black_out Dec 13, 2016 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by chicknbucker (Post 11691855)
ok so i finally plugged in my patch harness yesterday to swap the evo8 ecu on my 92 gvr4 and right away i ran into the issue of my fuel pump running all the time when the key is in the "on" position. i have double checked all the pinouts that everything is correct and im kinda at a loss as to what would do this as the gvr4 ecu does not run the pump untill you crank the car. i have yet to start the car because i cant read/write the evo ecu due to another issue im trying to figure out but ive already hydro locked the motor (with fuel)cause the pump was running so long without me noticing. please help before i start lighting matches lol.:helpme:

How did you manage to hydrolock the engine with fuel? The injectors aren't spraying with the key on unless you're cranking. The pump can run forever and never hydrolock the engine in fuel.

Mare you using an evo 8 ecu or a 3G ecu? Sounds like you're fuel relay is wired to the AC pin instead of the pump output (it's flipped between an 8 and 3G ecu). Was your blower motor on as well as AC switched flipped on?

chicknbucker Dec 13, 2016 02:20 PM

the ac and blower motor were/are off..im running an evo8 ecu 1860A118....i believe one or more of my injectors are stuck open but it definately hydro locked the motor. made a nice fuel fountain when we pulled the plugs and turned it over..now with the stock ecu it runs pig rich and misses at idle and has some small back fires on decel which it didnt before. i have 560s ill be putting in when i get the fuel pump issue figured out.

also i have an stm fuel pump rewire kit installed if that matters and my mtxl wideband shows an e9 code (low voltage)(wired to the cigarette lighter) when the evo ecu is pluged in and does not when the vr4 ecu is in. when i unplug the biggest plug on e8 ecu the pump quits running and the wideband starts heating(no code) so i believe the issue is within that plug. just checked again that everything was wired correctly...should i try to swap the ac and fuel pump relay wires? im just gonna start removing each pin untill i find the one making the pump run unless someone has a better idea.

black_out Dec 13, 2016 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by chicknbucker (Post 11692179)
the ac and blower motor were/are off..im running an evo8 ecu 1860A118....i believe one or more of my injectors are stuck open but it definately hydro locked the motor. made a nice fuel fountain when we pulled the plugs and turned it over..now with the stock ecu it runs pig rich and misses at idle and has some small back fires on decel which it didnt before. i have 560s ill be putting in when i get the fuel pump issue figured out.

also i have an stm fuel pump rewire kit installed if that matters and my mtxl wideband shows an e9 code (low voltage)(wired to the cigarette lighter) when the evo ecu is pluged in and does not when the vr4 ecu is in. when i unplug the biggest plug on e8 ecu the pump quits running and the wideband starts heating(no code) so i believe the issue is within that plug. just checked again that everything was wired correctly...should i try to swap the ac and fuel pump relay wires? im just gonna start removing each pin untill i find the one making the pump run unless someone has a better idea.

What pin is your wideband tied into? It shouldn't care what ecu is in it unless you have your powers and grounds tied into the PCM or you have it wired wrong. Honestly it sounds like it's not wired properly. What pin on your jumper harness is wired to what pin on the evo 8 connector? Pictures of the harness would help as well. You should definitely be addressing that injector issue. Did all the cylinders have fuel in them? If they did you have some serious wiring issues as i doubt all 4 injectors are stuck open if it ran before. The likelihood is incredibly low.

chicknbucker Dec 13, 2016 10:10 PM

Sooo yeeaa....im an idiot....i wired the patch harness completely backwards. read the pinout backwards and wasted a bunch of time. after doing some back probing and finding voltage where grounds should be it hit me that i may have read the pinout wrong, and i did. so now i have it wired correctly the pump functions properly. i can read and write the ecu and figured out how an engine can hydro lock with fuel lol. the car didnt fire up after i disabled the immobilizer and i have no CEL with the ignition in the "on" position. so ill have to look at that tomorrow.

chicknbucker Dec 14, 2016 02:41 PM

Is it possible to ruin some of the drivers on the ecu board from hooking power where there shouldnt be? What else could cause no CEL with ignition in "on" position? Also im getting these codes:

P0340 No Camshaft Signal at EFI ECU
P0335 No Crankshaft Reference Signal at EFI ECU
P0122 Throttle Position Sensor (main) Circuit Low Input
P2228 Barometric pressure circuit low input

Im logging 61* of timing constantly while cranking. Fuel pump does not run while cranking. Valet more or Immobilizer? I have both of them set to off so once again im confused or i toasted my ecu.

black_out Dec 14, 2016 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by chicknbucker (Post 11692544)
Is it possible to ruin some of the drivers on the ecu board from hooking power where there shouldnt be? What else could cause no CEL with ignition in "on" position? Also im getting these codes:

P0340 No Camshaft Signal at EFI ECU
P0335 No Crankshaft Reference Signal at EFI ECU
P0122 Throttle Position Sensor (main) Circuit Low Input
P2228 Barometric pressure circuit low input

Im logging 61* of timing constantly while cranking. Fuel pump does not run while cranking. Valet more or Immobilizer? I have both of them set to off so once again im confused or i toasted my ecu.

yes it is definitely possible. The pump won't run without a cam signal, and you probably don't have spark either due to your crank sensor code. I'd start by making sure you have a 5v reference wire at the TPS, cam, crank sensor. I have a feeling that's part of where your problem lies

chicknbucker Jan 7, 2017 07:53 PM

Ok so you can fry the ecu by wiring it wrong. It took out my power transistor unit too. I got another ecu and PTU and she fired right up...really surprised at how well it runs right off the bat with stock 96530006 rom. SOOOO much smoother than the old GVR4 ecu. Thanks for the help guys!

sakroda Jan 19, 2024 01:49 PM

Hello
I have 2G black box ecu from 1999 but I have problem about dying. Car starts for 3 seconds and it dies. I hear click sound from MPI relay then car is dying.. its 1990 AWD.I made a patch harness.. I thought maybe someone had similar issue. I can provide issue with photos and videos.