EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   TephraMod V7 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/451836-tephramod-v7.html)

Slo_crx1 Oct 25, 2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by phenem (Post 7650547)
Yeah they are already in the current XML we have posted. Download from post #2 again and replace that XML with the new one and you will see the Omni scalings...

I see multiple scaling definitions listed in that xml, and the one for the omni 4 bar I already have in my current xml. I was under the assumption that I needed to rescale voltages similar to my old 94170015 rom. I'm willing to bet if I swapped in a 3 bar everything would be spot-on. :(

The thing that bothers me is the map sensor logs correctly in Evoscan, but for some reason it just can't equate it to where it should be on the fuel/timing maps. For sh**s and giggles tomorrow I'm going to try the stock 3 bar scaling and see what it does. :crap:

ch53avitech Oct 25, 2009 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7650478)
You open 96530706 base file and transfer your maps TO the new rom and then save your new patched rom.

Is this something I can do in Note Pad?

Slo_crx1 Oct 25, 2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ch53avitech (Post 7650702)

No. He means transfer them manually. Take all the values from your old rom and swap them to the new rom that's included in the download.

kaj Oct 25, 2009 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ch53avitech (Post 7650702)

Originally Posted by Slo_crx1 (Post 7650749)
No. He means transfer them manually. Take all the values from your old rom and swap them to the new rom that's included in the download.

which is hard 'cause you can't just cut/paste now that we have the "big" maps. if you do a search, there is a video on how to do the tephramod 5.1. it may help you. it made WAY more sense to me than reading all the threads.
i can host it and give you the link, if that will help.

there is a STEEP learning curve to all this. i've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS. and now tephra7 has even MORE stuff i have to figure out.

fostytou Oct 25, 2009 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 7649621)
I get that all the time and its super annoying. What IS the deal with that? I thought it was from an error in the XML file but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

Something is wrong in your XML, couldn't tell you what though :p

Start with a fresh copy and only move over stuff you need.

ch53avitech Oct 25, 2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 7650764)
which is hard 'cause you can't just cut/paste now that we have the "big" maps. if you do a search, there is a video on how to do the tephramod 5.1. it may help you. it made WAY more sense to me than reading all the threads.

there is a STEEP learning curve to all this. i've been trying to figure it out for MONTHS. and now tephra7 has even MORE stuff i have to figure out.

Yes, if you would like, you could host the video. It should take care of my problems. Thank you.

TTP Engineering Oct 25, 2009 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 7650764)

Bigmaps is a mofo. I gather someone has developed an excel file that allows the small maps to transfer over to bigmap data that can be cut and pasted back into bigmaps.

We just bite the bullet and take our time cutting and pasting the small within the large, then edit the last lines wide and tall and copy them down the field all the same, then begin to edit from there. It takes a lot of time, but in the end the bigmaps is a much safer bet with tons of resolution. Any unused portion of the maps are designated with 7.4 fuel and -10 timing to get a better picture on the shape of the curvature the ecu cells will travel. It will have a built in ignition cut this way if the cells are over boosted.

Trinievo7 Oct 25, 2009 09:33 PM

any tephra mods for evo 7

hey looking for a tephra mod for evo 7 .....

Evo_Jay Oct 25, 2009 09:43 PM

Hey dont know if this has been mentioned, but in the recompile .xml for the 88590715 ROM, the regular(old) timing tables 1,2&3 under "Timing" are still there, when they shouldnt be.

project_skyline Oct 25, 2009 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trinievo7 (Post 7651014)

Evo 7's can just use evo 8 roms IRRC.

kaj Oct 26, 2009 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid (Post 7651039)
Hey dont know if this has been mentioned, but in the recompile .xml for the 88590715 ROM, the regular(old) timing tables 1,2&3 under "Timing" are still there, when they shouldnt be.

when i saw those, i was like "WTF?! now i gotta cut/paste all my maps again!". LOL can't we just delete the xml for these maps?

Originally Posted by ch53avitech (Post 7650787)
Yes, if you would like, you could host the video. It should take care of my problems. Thank you.

i'll be home late Monday night and will do it for ya on Tues. keep an eye on this thread. i'll post it here. it's Jack of Trade's vid. try a search, in the mean time. it's on this site somewhere.

Fast_Freddie Oct 26, 2009 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering (Post 7650907)
Bigmaps is a mofo. I gather someone has developed an excel file that allows the small maps to transfer over to bigmap data that can be cut and pasted back into bigmaps.

We just bite the bullet and take our time cutting and pasting the small within the large, then edit the last lines wide and tall and copy them down the field all the same, then begin to edit from there. It takes a lot of time, but in the end the bigmaps is a much safer bet with tons of resolution. Any unused portion of the maps are designated with 7.4 fuel and -10 timing to get a better picture on the shape of the curvature the ecu cells will travel. It will have a built in ignition cut this way if the cells are over boosted.

That was actually tephra also... it is nice!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597112-post3.html

tephra Oct 26, 2009 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Trinievo7 (Post 7651014)

Yeah I plan todo 90550001 asap :)

kaymin Oct 26, 2009 02:32 AM

Is there an easy way to transfer over your fuel and timing maps? the scaling is all different so I had to do it almost a cell at a time then interpolate.

Another question, all the maf settings seem different from my stock settings? Then again it says something is already added?

I haven't tested this out yet but if everything is fine how it comes I will.
I have an 8 running Option 2

EDIT: I fail for not reading two posts up.....
Still that only helps with the maps part. What about the MAF

ch53avitech Oct 26, 2009 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by kaj (Post 7651290)
when i saw those, i was like "WTF?! now i gotta cut/paste all my maps again!". LOL can't we just delete the xml for these maps?

i'll be home late Monday night and will do it for ya on Tues. keep an eye on this thread. i'll post it here. it's Jack of Trade's vid. try a search, in the mean time. it's on this site somewhere.

I did some searching and stumbled across the video. Thank you.