EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Official / Injector Scaling and Latency Forum (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/457738-official-injector-scaling-latency-forum.html)

SoCalRedLine Jan 31, 2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Brad74 (Post 7738631)
For PTE 1000 cc, pump gas, I'm using :

Injector scaling : 886

Latencies :

Hope that will help you.

found this on page 58 of that thread. it seems to be a more correct PTE 1000 scaling

blkVII Feb 1, 2010 09:58 AM

Will scaling/latencies be different for fuel over in Australia? I'm not sure what US pump is equal to over here...?? Anyones help would be great! :D

Cheers.

project_skyline Feb 1, 2010 12:48 PM

Scaling will vary with different fuels. But if your stuff is the equivalent of what is over here aka 91-93 octane you shouldn't have to mess with it much if at all.

tvor Feb 2, 2010 01:36 PM

Clarification point here? If you have one of the sets of injectors with scalings listed in this thread, would it be safe to say that you would be able to take those values, plug them in, and be done with it?

The reason I ask is because I would prefer to install my injectors at home and then drive up to Chicago for a tune, without having to pay anyone to install them there for me, or try to do it in the AMS parking lot, lol. Obviously I would just be idling and cruising with minimal acceleration on the trip there. I don't have a WBO2 at my disposal so I am a bit leery of having to adjust anything on my own, unless that is unnecessary.

P.S. - this will be PTE 1200's on 93 octane.

donour Feb 2, 2010 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by tvor (Post 7950636)
Clarification point here? If you have one of the sets of injectors with scalings listed in this thread, would it be safe to say that you would be able to take those values, plug them in, and be done with it?

Depending on how good the numbers are, yes. Once you have scalings and latencies that start well and result in decent fuel trims you can drive around in closed loop. Remember, closed loops targets 14.7:1 mixtures which the narrowband o2 sensor does measure accurately. That's the point after all...

d

bigric09 Feb 2, 2010 02:31 PM

anybody with FIC 1650 non bluemax ? Or a good ball park to start in. I can make a good guesstimate, but I'm hoping somebody has some help. Thanks

lan_evo_mr9 Feb 2, 2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by bigric09 (Post 7950810)
anybody with FIC 1650 non bluemax ? Or a good ball park to start in. I can make a good guesstimate, but I'm hoping somebody has some help. Thanks

aren't you supposed to use the easytune for those?

bigric09 Feb 2, 2010 04:09 PM

i have no idea, i havent scaled anything bigger than 1200s. Do you have a link or anything i can follow ?

lan_evo_mr9 Feb 2, 2010 04:48 PM

I'm almost positive that you are supposed to use the "EasyTune" in conjunction with their larger injectors....its say on their site. Google FIC or something like that.

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cg...key=IS226-1650

bigric09 Feb 2, 2010 08:48 PM

everything i have read has shown bad experiences using those. Id think that with all of the knowledge we have here like JB and pals, we should be able to handle it. I havent given them a go yet.... im sure ill get to what i need to do. Just looking for a ballpark starting point

project_skyline Feb 2, 2010 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by tvor (Post 7950636)

The reason I ask is because I would prefer to install my injectors at home and then drive up to Chicago for a tune, without having to pay anyone to install them there for me, or try to do it in the AMS parking lot, lol. Obviously I would just be idling and cruising with minimal acceleration on the trip there. I don't have a WBO2 at my disposal so I am a bit leery of having to adjust anything on my own, unless that is unnecessary.

P.S. - this will be PTE 1200's on 93 octane.

There are a lot of scalings on here, not all are going to work right off the bat. You might find some that will work and your done with it but always double check.

I posted in a thread made yesterday with some PTE 1200 pump gas scalings, if you need them check it out.

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9 (Post 7951260)
I'm almost positive that you are supposed to use the "EasyTune" in conjunction with their larger injectors....its say on their site. Google FIC or something like that.

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/cg...key=IS226-1650

You dont have to, its not required. It just helps with driveability on some of the larger injectors.

tvor Feb 3, 2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by project_skyline (Post 7952292)
There are a lot of scalings on here, not all are going to work right off the bat. You might find some that will work and your done with it but always double check.

I posted in a thread made yesterday with some PTE 1200 pump gas scalings, if you need them check it out.

If I used the scalings provided and then checked the fuel trims to see how close it was would that be a fairly accurate way of telling how on or off they are, or is it necessary to use a WBO2 for that?

project_skyline Feb 3, 2010 02:58 PM

You can just log 02 trims. WB02 would be needed for fuel map tuning though.

merlin.oz Feb 3, 2010 03:24 PM

blkVII, which injectors do you wish to use, and presumably on a 9?

W2J Feb 3, 2010 07:40 PM

still looking for some denso 720's that works