EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Pajero Evolution Need xml (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/571343-pajero-evolution-need-xml.html)

acamus Sep 18, 2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9611654)
Sorry for not posting back when i said i would (work lol) any way; Since the engine has the solenoids for valve timing and also has variable intakes; controlled by vacum via an open/shut electro valve, i put two meters on at the same time, one on each and had the following results :-

The engine has a variable intake system ehere the actuator is operated by vacum from the manifold via an electric valve, however this has a continous 12v feed when ignition is on/running and droppes to 0 volts when activated. The voltage changes from 12v to 0v operating the variable intake at appx 3800 Rpm and then changes back to 12v when the RPM decends to appx 3600 Rpm thus turning the variable intake back off, which is around the same two values in previously mentioned. {thumbup}

Valve timing solenoids energised around approx 5000 Rpm initialy at battery voltage (12-13v) but then dropped to half that (6-7v) 1-2 seconds or so later.
I think this is just to avoid exessive wear/heat to the coils when energised for longer periods ie when cruzing under load at speeds etc but just my opinion.

You probably know how it works but i thought i'd say just in case the system is different to other MIVECs.

I also got verry brave (well for me anyway) I decided to flash a different value to the 'Target Idle RPM - Drive' map as it is a little lumpy at idle - probably due to the aftermarket induction system and checked by reading the rom back with positive results. So i'v given myself a pat on the back But you guys really rock for making this possible for me, without all the possibillities yet to come. :D

Ok, let us try another approach now.
Would you try all of following commands, whether there is correlation to MIVEC solenoid activation? I bet we can reverse engineer it it back to MIVEC once we know which command it is. I have named their "normal" purpose where it is known.

Command_MUT_C0:
Command_MUT_C1:
Command_MUT_C2:
Command_MUT_C3:
Command_MUT_C4:
Command_MUT_C5: Purge Solenoid Venting
Command_MUT_C6:
Command_MUT_C7:
Command_MUT_C8:
Command_MUT_C9:
Command_MUT_CA:
Command_MUT_CB:
Command_MUT_CC: Evaporative Solenoid
Command_MUT_CD: A/C Fan High
Command_MUT_CE: A/C Fan Low
Command_MUT_CF: Main Fan High
Command_MUT_D0: Main Fan Low
Command_MUT_D1:
Command_MUT_D2:
Command_MUT_D3: Waste Gate Solenoid
Command_MUT_D4: Variable Intake System
Command_MUT_D5: EGR Solenoid
Command_MUT_D6: Fuel Pressure Solenoid
Command_MUT_D7: Purge Solenoid
Command_MUT_D8: Fuel Pump

PajEVO Oct 6, 2011 09:47 AM

Right, I'v finaly found some time to try the Mut commands but sorry to say but they have no effect on the MIVEC triggering - in fact i'v tried all codes from '00 through to FF with the open port 1.3 and 2.0 with the reflash connected and without and no effect on the MIVEC system whatsoever. The ones that seemed to do something were ~ C3 which slightly increased the RPM and ran more smoothly. ~ F3 seemed to do the opposite.
Some of the Actuators work, injector No1,2,3,4, IG 5deg BTDC and Speed Adj Screw mode.

I now have an oscilloscope (just need to learn how to use it now lol) and the supply to the camshaft solenoids is just as suspected, Batt voltage which then droppes to about half that.

PajEVO Oct 9, 2011 11:29 AM

Any ideas?

acamus Oct 12, 2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9659702)
Any ideas?

You may log MUT_A0-B6 and observe a change on Mivec, if it leads you nowhere then I am lost :P

PajEVO Oct 12, 2011 10:56 PM

Whats happening with this then, should there be a response to the mut commands or do i have an issue somwhere else

acamus Oct 14, 2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9669081)
Whats happening with this then, should there be a response to the mut commands or do i have an issue somwhere else

There should be one bit change on one of the stated requests once MIVEC kicks in.

PajEVO Oct 23, 2011 08:31 AM

Ok there seems to be a change at MUT_A0 when it kicks in this does not apply to the variable intake tho. I currently have the engine in pieces to replace the crank angle sensor which has been giving erratic readings and is probably affecting other readings so when its all back together hopefully there will be more accurate data

acamus Oct 24, 2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9692044)
Ok there seems to be a change at MUT_A0 when it kicks in this does not apply to the variable intake tho. I currently have the engine in pieces to replace the crank angle sensor which has been giving erratic readings and is probably affecting other readings so when its all back together hopefully there will be more accurate data

Can you post FROM-TO value change for A0?

PajEVO Oct 24, 2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by acamus (Post 9694276)
Can you post FROM-TO value change for A0?

It changes from 59 to 63

acamus Oct 25, 2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9695923)
It changes from 59 to 63

One more question, have you logged all A0,A1,A2A3,A4,A5,A6,A7,A8,A9,AA,AB,AC,AD,AE,AF,B0, B1,B2,B3,B4,B5,B6?
Or just the two?

PajEVO Oct 26, 2011 05:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have logged all of them and many reported changing values, but that is the only one which changes in tune with the rpm that mivec comes in @ about 5000rpm. A0 reports value 59 which changes to 63 when the rpm value is 5000rpm, but i am in the process of replacing the crank angle sensor and timing belt as i think it might be contributing to some erratic readings - will be finished later today hopefully, I will logg those values again once done.

Attachment 178559 I have attached one of the log files - i named values A0-B6 'one' through to 'twenty three' respectivly

PajEVO Oct 28, 2011 02:31 AM

:lol:Update.

Ok the last time i tried to log using evoscan using the input box on the bottom, it kept freezing which is why i used stand-alone on the tactrix op2. I thought however that i'd try again, so i re-installed evoscan and started to enter the suggested MUT's and have found that MUT_AF returnes a value of 0x3B which switches to 0x3F at exactly the point of MIVEC.

Acamus, I appologise if this is the way that I should have logged A0 to B6 I'm still learning this stuff. :updown:

acamus Nov 17, 2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by PajEVO (Post 9704647)
:lol:Update.

Ok the last time i tried to log using evoscan using the input box on the bottom, it kept freezing which is why i used stand-alone on the tactrix op2. I thought however that i'd try again, so i re-installed evoscan and started to enter the suggested MUT's and have found that MUT_AF returnes a value of 0x3B which switches to 0x3F at exactly the point of MIVEC.

Acamus, I appologise if this is the way that I should have logged A0 to B6 I'm still learning this stuff. :updown:

I am sorry , but MUT_AF bit 2 is controlling knock sensor amplifier, thus different multiplier are used at higher RPM. So MUT_AF bit 2 is not the one either. Can you add MUT_9A, MUT_9B to logged collection?

PajEVO Nov 26, 2011 02:30 PM

There is also no change in the added MUT adresses either. Donations have been made for your help on this -- Thank You.

Vinson158 Dec 20, 2012 08:02 AM

http://imageshack.us/a/img197/5062/201212211121.jpg
Blue circled solenoids Mivec. (I'm at 90%)