EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Pajero Evolution Need xml (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/571343-pajero-evolution-need-xml.html)

RJSP Feb 20, 2013 07:53 AM

Pajero Evo in Peru

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Merlin and Acamus,

Iīve had my Pajero Evo, same as the OP has, since December last year. It was in the shop for the last couple months having some steering ans suspension work done.

Iīve been slowly mapping it with Merlinīs latest xml, a couple questions though:

1) In the first xml in this thread there was a 2D table that could have been Mivec, this table is shown below and is now labelled TRC Timing Reduction; so it implies it lowers timing at given times to mantain traction?

2) Have you guys found the Mivec 2D table?

3) In a couple weeks I will install a 2.5" freer flowing custom exhaust, and will be logging AFR with a wideband, so I would need to log VE in order to calibrate the fuel map with WB. Do you guys have the Evosacn Datalist item description to log VE?

Thanks for your help!

Ricardo

OV55 Feb 20, 2013 02:37 PM

Hi All.

Newbie alert - so please be gentle !!!

Have recently bought a Pajero Evo & have been doing lots of reading of this thread [and lots of others].

The XML definition file I have [from this thread] doesn't contain the same definitions that are shown the the attached thumbnail picture above - namely the 'traction control' section.

Could I have the link to obtain this version please?

[ps. I am hoping to become a contributor to this thread soon]

Thx

/Dave

RJSP Feb 21, 2013 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by OV55 (Post 10672032)
Hi All.

Newbie alert - so please be gentle !!!

Have recently bought a Pajero Evo & have been doing lots of reading of this thread [and lots of others].

The XML definition file I have [from this thread] doesn't contain the same definitions that are shown the the attached thumbnail picture above - namely the 'traction control' section.

Could I have the link to obtain this version please?

[ps. I am hoping to become a contributor to this thread soon]

Thx

/Dave

The xml Iīm using is not a public release write to Merlin here or to merlin.tuning@gmail.com and heīll hook you up with the latest revision.

OV55 Feb 21, 2013 02:03 PM

Thx RJSP.

Will do.

Have you done much tuning of you map ?

The first thing I'm looking at - is to reduce the rich running.

/Dave

RJSP Feb 22, 2013 12:29 PM

Iīve been basically adjusting timing for the fuel we have here (98 ron) which isnīt as good as the Japanese fuel cuase I get a lot of know in mid load and low rpm.

Iīve noted that when dirving in auto and cruising around 5th gear will be engaged even at 1300 rpmīs and with light throttle a lot of knock is generated... so Iīve been dealing with that and also one of the traction control tables that "seems" to influence how much TPS is allowed at any given rpm/load before a gear is downshifted in auto mode. In manual mode it copes much better with our local fuel and above 2500 - 3000 I can run pretty much the same timing as stock.

Could be worthwhile having the knock multipliers and other knock tables defined for this xml.

Cheers,

Ricardo

OV55 Feb 23, 2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by RJSP (Post 10675820)
so Iīve been dealing with that and also one of the traction control tables that "seems" to influence how much TPS is allowed at any given rpm/load before a gear is downshifted in auto mode

Thanks Ricardo - very interesting.

Are you saying the ECU actually controls the shifts of the gearbox also ??

[I thought I'd read it had a separate TCU]

I'd agree - normally a too higher gear is being held for low speed / mid range throttle - this is also on the list to look into.

/Dave

RJSP Feb 23, 2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by OV55 (Post 10676973)
Thanks Ricardo - very interesting.

Are you saying the ECU actually controls the shifts of the gearbox also ??

[I thought I'd read it had a separate TCU]

I'd agree - normally a too higher gear is being held for low speed / mid range throttle - this is also on the list to look into.

/Dave

Yes, it seems that way. With Merlinīs xml you have two TRC tables that represent tps with regard to load and rpm (both tables are the same, just one is in tps % and the other in volts). Iīve been playing with this tables and it does affect the auto mode shifting, specialy downshifting when accelerating. This way Iīm limiting the areas in 5th gear when cruising at 1500 rpm or below, if you start accelerating lightly (above 21% tps for example) Iīm making it downshift sooner by lowering the tps % in the rpm/load points that correspont to it. This way thereīs better response by downshifting.

So it would seem that the TPS% in this table is regarded as the max it will take and remain in the same gear, go above that for a give rpm/load point and it will downshift to accelerate faster. Hence the name of the tables "throttle % or V limit map".

merlin.oz Feb 24, 2013 01:25 PM

Ricardo, I dont think there is a MIVEC table, just the switching points as shown in the xml.

Have you tried zeroing the TRC timing table to reduce/eliminate traction control?
Good find on what the TRC throttle table does, I did not realise it affected gear shifting.

Vinson158 Feb 25, 2013 03:54 AM

Good day.
I think there are only Mivec table on modern engines, after 2000 model year or later. As someone said, this is just a phase shifter by type Vvti at Toyota.

To 6G74 Mivec, likely, even if the solenoid fails, then we did not know.
I do not feel a change in the engine when he should earn Mivec. Connects Mivec controller and changed the switch point, but did not notice anything. I think that the solenoids are blocked or out of service. At Honda Vtec solenoids clogged with mud and with no mistakes, only bad car rides.

I did not know all of you, so I want to ask a question separately: TCU exposed firmware? Has anyone tried to strengthen automatic Pajero Evo?

RJSP Feb 26, 2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by merlin.oz (Post 10678379)
Ricardo, I dont think there is a MIVEC table, just the switching points as shown in the xml.

Have you tried zeroing the TRC timing table to reduce/eliminate traction control?
Good find on what the TRC throttle table does, I did not realise it affected gear shifting.

Hi Merlin, the TRC throttle table is proving to be a lot of fun to tune, I almost no longer need to drive in manual mode. Havenīt played with the TRC timing table yet but will give it a try this week.

Do you know how to log VE with Evoscan? It would be very helpfull to figure out how each of the 3 VE tables is used. Also Iīm guessing one of them should be linked to the Mivec onset and/or the variable intake length.

After I get the exhaust done Iīll do some logs while being off-road and in dunes! So far Iīve only logged city driving with RWD.

Vinson: Donīt know anything about strengthening the auto Invecs II box, only read in Pocuk about some Russian guy suggesting something about the spider gears being the weak link. He was using his Pajevo for competion:

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopi...52a24b9f98356a

Vinson158 Feb 27, 2013 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by RJSP (Post 10681928)

Vinson: Donīt know anything about strengthening the auto Invecs II box, only read in Pocuk about some Russian guy suggesting something about the spider gears being the weak link. He was using his Pajevo for competion:

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopi...52a24b9f98356a

I know this guy at least between the two cities 9000 km by plane. He just took off the automatic box and replaced it with a manual transmission. By the way he later told me that worn out drive on Moscow traffic jams on the mechanical box, and for racing sprint he has other cars.

I believe that the automatic transmission is better than mechanical. And if it is strong, the general will be fabulous. Manual just less whimsical and not so expensive to maintain and repair.
My friend stepped on his gun Toyota Chaser 2.5. He said that the increased pressure in the box, put the dampers to include hard clutches, friction disc set themselves strengthened and changed the settings in the ECU A / T, it seems that's all he did. How to strengthen the A / T on and that mitsubishi Pajero Evo, I did not find one.

My friends who own Pajero Evo A / T, go away from me at the start, and at a speed not concede. Another is that the Evo M / T 3rd gear is shorter than the Evo A / T - this opinion racers from Kazakhstan, who are riding on the Evo.

mysticj May 14, 2013 04:52 PM

does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Pajero Evolution?

Vinson158 May 15, 2013 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by mysticj (Post 10806798)
does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Pajero Evolution?

I have a book, but it was all in Japanese.

mysticj May 15, 2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vinson158 (Post 10807287)
I have a book, but it was all in Japanese.

Most of the pin out should be similar to the 1999 GTO/3000GT ecu.

Upload it up!

Vinson158 May 16, 2013 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by mysticj (Post 10807421)
Most of the pin out should be similar to the 1999 GTO/3000GT ecu.

The engine will likely be more similar to the Diamant 3000 Mivec, than GTO. True 6G72 Mivec, also only JDM, in Russia, a good book, I have not found it.

Upload it up!
- I'm sorry, but I do not understand this statement.