EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   TSComptuned / Built 2.0L FF 6466 GSC S2 Skunk2 mani E85 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/696235-tscomptuned-built-2-0l-ff-6466-gsc-s2-skunk2-mani-e85.html)

tscompusa Aug 19, 2014 06:58 PM

Since its blew the axle not once but now twice, and you dont exactly have a torque monster here, i would start looking int othe cause.

Axles dont easily break in evos. Otherwise id have a million broken axles, because ive owned nothing but torque monsters. 2.3,2.4's etc. I never stayed with a 2.0L for more then 6 months in the evo.

Hopefully its nothing serious, but just throwing that out there for you! That is certainly not normal!

car_nut15 Aug 19, 2014 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by tscompusa (Post 11283348)
Since its blew the axle not once but now twice, and you dont exactly have a torque monster here, i would start looking int othe cause.

Axles dont easily break in evos. Otherwise id have a million broken axles, because ive owned nothing but torque monsters. 2.3,2.4's etc. I never stayed with a 2.0L for more then 6 months in the evo.

Hopefully its nothing serious, but just throwing that out there for you! That is certainly not normal!

The guys from boostin performance watched the pass where I broke the axle and suggested I try installing solid rear diff bushings. I have energy suspension poly bushings in there now but judging by how the shafts keep breaking at the splines in the diff, i'm going to assume the differential is still deflecting while launching. I'm probably going to throw an upgraded mustache bar in there as well. Hopefully that solves my problem!

4g63evoeight Aug 20, 2014 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by car_nut15 (Post 11283457)
The guys from boostin performance watched the pass where I broke the axle and suggested I try installing solid rear diff bushings. I have energy suspension poly bushings in there now but judging by how the shafts keep breaking at the splines in the diff, i'm going to assume the differential is still deflecting while launching. I'm probably going to throw an upgraded mustache bar in there as well. Hopefully that solves my problem!

you were launching the car on a drag radial/street tire right( remember seeing the car)? if so that would explain you eating axles.

i had the red 9 RS in SE

car_nut15 Aug 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by 4g63evoeight (Post 11283853)
you were launching the car on a drag radial/street tire right( remember seeing the car)? if so that would explain you eating axles.

i had the red 9 RS in SE

Yea I had the M/H Drag radials on the car. I swear there's plenty of cars out there on a full slick and stock shafts?? I never really hear of people breaking shafts?

dtrackstar Aug 21, 2014 12:33 AM

Full slicks are soft so they absorb a lot of the shock.

tscompusa Oct 19, 2014 09:05 AM

This car beat a twin turbo Lamborghini its somewhere on 1320 videos. Lamborghini was only 850whp though on 93oct.

FL_SilverEvo8 Oct 20, 2014 04:18 AM

Is there more left in it? Could this set up easily make over 800hp? Or is there something stopping it from making that kind of hp?

ZanarkO Oct 20, 2014 02:31 PM

So Tom you do in house motor builds now? Didnt see anything on your website at all, How far are you from Virginia?