EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   CUSCO acd (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/139868-cusco-acd.html)

chronohunter May 29, 2005 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by evo542
vishnu has a cusco center differential in their race evo that splits power 30/70 not 50/50 like the stock does, but i don't know how they got it to fit in the t/c

I wish it were true, as was stated in an previous post we just had their excellent front and rear diffs. There is an almost mythical 35f/65f center diff that they make for EVO's but just not for the USDM EVO :(

I would LOVE to try one of those...

Z1 Performance May 29, 2005 10:21 AM

By compatibility, I mean to say it is largely a hardware issue - it is not a direct swap however, and requires an experienced hand to do the install (there are a few shops in the US I'd trust with it) If the Quaife is claimed to be retrofittable to all previous gen Evo's, the same exact thing would apply to it's install as well.

wspy May 29, 2005 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Quote from another thread:

Hey Philippine_evos,
I have an EVO 7 and want to upgrade the active center diff ACD
Can you suggest one
I am trying to find one made by CUSCO but only see the front and rear ones
Have you upgraded yours and if so to which one
Thanks
Mark

Hey smart guy, your facts are wrong because apparantly not even you can find this mythical Cusco ACD. Try again.

atlvalet,
Please note what Z1 had to contribute and then take the time to realize that i have an EVO 7!!
I have no reason to fabricate any facts!
I just finished talking to my mechanic who assured me that he personally has installed said CUSCO ACD in my freinds EVO 7. Only thing is that he does not remember the part# so i am in the process of trying to procure it, the # that is,so that I can order it!
And note also the he did not install a combination setup i.e. front/center!

osunick May 29, 2005 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by atlvalet
I was under the impression that the transfer case housed both the center and front diffs.

Well I can speak from experience with my 03 evo which had the quaife installed. On my car the center diff is in the transmission, and the VCU is in the TC along with the front diff. I believe the ACD models are the same only instead of a VCU, obviously, the clutchpack for the ACD resides in the TC. The actual spider gear differential is in the transmission.

One thing to note about 35/65 center diffs is that because they have a natural bias to the rear wheels, mechanical locking devices like viscous couplings cannot work since they would limit the differential action and hence the torque split to 50/50. So unless the diff worked with ACD it would be open and suitable for tarmac but not at all for any loose surfaces.

Z1 Performance Jun 15, 2005 07:25 AM

FYI guys - we have a set of Cusco front LSD and VCD now in stock - will work on an MR not on std 03/04 Evo

SuperHatch Jun 15, 2005 07:59 AM

nsnguyen is correct. The Center differential is in the Tranny, the Center viscous coupling is in the TC.